• FolkLover1989

• Alex

• Bonicap

50 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

something fishy is going on and it's not just sabrina's p*ssy

Now- :deadbanana:

3 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

image.png

So for past 2 days,  random songs are rising on Spotfiy by a lot and some songs are losing a lot of streams.

In the above pic , user is playing a Drake song but his autoplay is not personalized anymore. Nonsense is being autoplayed.

Many other songs are also getting random rise and re enters on chart with this.

Basically now your recommendation is not personalized fully like it was before. Labels payola will affect streams just like Youtube.

beyoncé better do this when alien superstar becomes a single

I don't mind since Sabrina and RAYE deserve it. :clap3: 

I recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify to try it out for a while and I noticed this immediately :rip:

Not the Disney/Tik Tok payola gurl stans talking about payola :rip:

2 hours ago, Komet blu said:

I think they just changed the algorithm formula. Shallow randomly got a huge update and it's not like that song's currently getting payola'd.

I don't think it's random. Shallow was covered on Emily in Paris like 2 weeks ago and has been gaining since then. It didn't go viral but the effect will last long since the show is quite popular. 

Edited by charot

Spotify has always been infested with stream farms and bots. They’re ad-driven service focused on the numbers, not the music. I’m so glad I use Apple MUSIC, the premium service that cares about integrity, gives you genuine recommendations based on your personal tastes, and cares about audio quality standards 

1 hour ago, Sept said:

Not like it hasn't happened before this

Check Heather's chart run around December. It suddenly went up to top 10 for one day then fell off after

that was due to a TikTok trend (3rd of December)

This is so disgusting. Until I found you completely fell while it's charting in other platforms but Nonsense is nowhere to be found on other streaming charts and itunes but suddenly rises +150 spots on spotify? they make the manipulation too obvious

Edited by krustysalt

45 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

Nonsense is still more organic than DL, which smashed out of nowhere thanks to streaming farms :coffee2:

let them know :clap3:

15 minutes ago, krustysalt said:

This is so disgusting. Until I found you completely fell while it's charting in other platforms but Nonsense is nowhere to be found on other streaming charts and itunes but suddenly rises +150 spots on spotify? they make the manipulation too obvious

This song was being absolutely blasted all over my Spotify autoplay just the other day to the point where I had to "block" it on multiple radio stations, so I don't think it's any more innocent than the Sabrina song

Seems like Spotify is testing some new version of payola and perhaps songs will be switched in and out of rotation

3 hours ago, Insanity said:

It auto plays me stuff id normally listen to 

Related to the song that's playing yes. I just tried it out. Maybe I haven't updated or something. 

Have you seen Taylor's numbers? This is nothing new. 

3 hours ago, foreverwinter13 said:

Tiktok magic is fading I guess

It stopped being TikTok viral months ago. :coffee2: Thanks anyway.

Is this why Shygirl’s “Wildfire” is playing after every single song I listen to? I was wondering which Spotify executive she gave a favor to for this auto play mess :rip:

20 minutes ago, besaid said:

Have you seen Taylor's numbers? This is nothing new. 

They're talking about the last 2 days but nice try  :rip: 

3 hours ago, Bonicap said:

For example, yesterday in Spain Shakira's song did crazy numbers. Well, this was the song that came right after "randomly" to most people. Autoplay existed before, but we never saw this kind of random spikes, so if this is not chart manipulation you tell me. Sometimes it'll benefit a certain artist and other times another one, so I predict we will have tears and complains going in different directions in the future.

spacer.png

Idk why some are acting so purposely obtuse about this. There's clearly something that changed. 

Users here can run to gang up on anyone but when it comes to corporations they just say

"Its always been like that there's no change!" or "it's just how it is!!11" and take it? Embarrassing

It’s always been random for me? I always get Taylor songs from Midnights put as “suggestions” and auto play next songs despite not a single song on my playlist being her. Same with Blackpink 

This is foul :shakeno: Makes sense that Spotify would compromise user experience to try and find new revenue sources though. They can’t rely as much on ad revenue like radio can, and Apple doesn’t need Apple Music to be profitable :celestial5:

2 hours ago, wish said:

This song was being absolutely blasted all over my Spotify autoplay just the other day to the point where I had to "block" it on multiple radio stations, so I don't think it's any more innocent than the Sabrina song

Seems like Spotify is testing some new version of payola and perhaps songs will be switched in and out of rotation

Until i found you mega viral on tiktok and present on other charts so it kind of makes sense

Songs dropping and jumping up spots on spotify daily will be funny to witness

i got that autoplay thing i did play 4 times that annoying megan trainor tiktok song. i had a PLAYLIST and that horrible song started to play every single time after i finish 1 song...

So this is why Spotify has been trying to get me to listen to Sabrina these past few days :toofunny3:

I was listening to Miley’s new song and every time it ended Sabrina Carpenter (whom I have never listened to in my life) would come blasting on after each listen :rip: 

Its the same as ever but they’ve definitely changed it slightly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.