STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Spotify debuts new payola. Autoplay rigged to boost songs

FolkLover1989

image.png

So for past 2 days,  random songs are rising on Spotfiy by a lot and some songs are losing a lot of streams.

In the above pic , user is playing a Drake song but his autoplay is not personalized anymore. Nonsense is being autoplayed.

Many other songs are also getting random rise and re enters on chart with this.

Basically now your recommendation is not personalized fully like it was before. Labels payola will affect streams just like Youtube.

Edited by FolkLover1989

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• FolkLover1989

• Alex

• Bonicap

RAYE and Sabrina deserve payola though :clap3:let our flop favs succeed 

Oh wow... Seems like some managers get mad at willing consumption of a song while they do shady tactics behind the scenes to shove down songs on people's throat

Disgusting! I'm so glad I use Apple MUSIC, the premium service that cares about integrity, gives you genuine recommendations based on your personal tastes, and cares about audio quality standards :alexz:

Just now, istan4badgalriri said:

Ohhh so this is why yesterday's update was weird

It's happening for 2 days now.

Untill I found you decreased by 1.4m and KB increased by 1.1m 

If you look at your radio , you will see many random songs that weren't recommended to you earlier

3 minutes ago, raven said:

RAYE and Sabrina deserve payola though :clap3:let our flop favs succeed 

Loving this concept :clap3: They deserve.

Just now, dangerousalex said:

old news but spotify autoplay serving taste :clap3:

Not a old news. Go check last 2 days chart. This is another level of payola happening on Spotify. 

I wondered why Cuff It just randomly dipped tens of thousands on a Wed/Thu, when it hasn't over the last 5 months. :deadbanana2:

Just now, Kylizzle said:

@Julia Fox you're behind all this? 

I use AM sweetie but I’m glad the payola paid off to Miss Sabrina Carpenter because she deserves it :clap3:

Explains why my Spotify autoplays BIA's Can't Touch This after literally every song I listen to. It's infuriating

Are you sure it's a new thing? In the past few years it's always been like that to me, I always get Sabrina Carpenter, Camila Cabello, 1D members sans Harry, Troye Sivan, Jonas Brothers, most of the time they're C-listers. 

Disgusting! I'm so glad I use Apple MUSIC, the premium service that cares about integrity, gives you genuine recommendations based on your personal tastes, and cares about audio quality standards :alexz:

Just now, One Rude Boy said:

Explains why my Spotify autoplays BIA's Can't Touch This after literally every song I listen to. It's infuriating

dsjkjsdjksdjksjks not that bop! :bibliahh:

This has been happening for ages sorry. There's no evidence in the OP that anything has changed, you just posted a single screenshot of your account :rip:

Just now, dangerousalex said:

dsjkjsdjksdjksjks not that bop! :bibliahh:

It's a certified bop I played purposely for a moment in time and now I can't escape. Her dated EP can only hold for so long

9 minutes ago, DonSiblon said:

Disgusting! I'm so glad I use Apple MUSIC, the premium service that cares about integrity, gives you genuine recommendations based on your personal tastes, and cares about audio quality standards :alexz:

spacer.png

• ATRL Moderator

This is Caroline Polacheck’s time to shine!! :duca:

Just now, RihFenty20 said:

This isn’t anything new. I have certain people blocked on Spotify because of auto-play fraud. :lakitu:

Yes autoplay was fraud but now they have changed to whole new level.

Checks the Global charts of last 2 days

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.