Wolf Pack | Starring Sarah Michelle Gellar | streaming on Paramount+

Josh

12 hours ago, Josh said:

she could have done a Ringer s2 but chose this

she couldn't have, the show was flopping since ep #2

i liked it but it was messy, don't even get me started the visual effects on the "twins" :skull:

On 1/24/2023 at 10:14 AM, Leptine said:

I'm just sorry for Gellar, but at this point it seems a lost cause.

i wanna see her succeed so bad but look what projects she chooses :skull: another ******* teen drama centered around werewolves? really buffy? i want some adult drama .. i can't believe she picked cruel intentions when she was that young .. her projects are so bland and faceless.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chosensparkles

• SinnerCity

• Frozen99

• Into The Void

4 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

i wanna see her succeed so bad but look what projects she chooses :skull: another ******* teen drama centered around werewolves? really buffy? i want some adult drama .. i can't believe she picked cruel intentions when she was that young .. her projects are so bland and faceless.

it's kind of absurd how she never wanted to consider a 'Buffy' reboot and distantiate herself from that show, but then jumping on a 'Teen Wolf' kind of show while pushing 50? :skull:

I feel like probably she has damaged her brand and with all those flops under her belt, that they simply not consider her for better shows.

13 hours ago, Josh said:

she could have done a Ringer s2 but chose this

That was cancelled for low ratings, she never had chances to continue it, and after few episode the plot was already exploited to the max.

13 hours ago, Power love said:

I’m unsure why she would choose THIS of all shows? Isn’t she tried of the teen drama series. 

The only explanation is that these days she doesn't have better offers, she has collected too many flops.

In 20 years of 'Buffy' finished, she has never had a successful project.

9 minutes ago, Leptine said:

it's kind of absurd how she never wanted to consider a 'Buffy' reboot and distantiate herself from that show, but then jumping on a 'Teen Wolf' kind of show while pushing 50? :skull:

I feel like probably she has damaged her brand and with all those flops under her belt, that they simply not consider her for better shows.

it truly is but

9 minutes ago, Leptine said:

looking at her track record, it's really insane how terrible her filmography looks like :skull:

which is sad, imo, she's a great actress

1 hour ago, Frozen99 said:

it truly is but

looking at her track record, it's really insane how terrible her filmography looks like :skull:

which is sad, imo, she's a great actress

Sadly sometimes it's like that, it's like Hilary Swank, she has 2 amazing movies for which she won 2 Oscars, the rest of her filmography it's all garbage flops.

4 hours ago, Leptine said:

Technically, "The Grudge" (1&2) and "Scooby-Doo 2" came out after "Buffy" ended and "The Crazy Ones" was a success in the beginning, but the second half of the season flopped. But yes, she should've had more hits. But i think "Do Revenge" did good and i can see "Wolf Pack" being a moderate hit. 

I liked the premiere, even with Sarah only being in it for a few minutes. The opening was suprisingly brutal.

53 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

I liked the premiere, even with Sarah only being in it for a few minutes. The opening was suprisingly brutal.

:deadbanana4:

Not her being only few minutes in the pilot :snowman:

Yet using her for promotion for everything this alone might turn viewers away it’s shady

Edited by Power love

1 hour ago, Kevin2803 said:

Technically, "The Grudge" (1&2) and "Scooby-Doo 2" came out after "Buffy" ended and "The Crazy Ones" was a success in the beginning, but the second half of the season flopped. But yes, she should've had more hits. But i think "Do Revenge" did good and i can see "Wolf Pack" being a moderate hit.

They're still projects that she landed and got while doing 'Buffy' and she was still fresh out of that popularity of the show, worldwide the show was still airing in a lot of countries since in those times without streaming services a new season was taking a year to be released foreign in order to be dubbed.

'The Crazy Ones' ended up still cancelled after 1 season, realistically after she was done with 'Buffy' she couldn't really manage to pick a project that ended up to be a success for real, and not even moderate one.

I'm curious as to why people would be shocked she's only present for a few scenes in the pilot? She's literally a detective investigating what happens during the pilot, like, :rip: 

I personally liked the pilot, I think it's solid, it definitely has room for a great storyline.

I'm not a fan of werewolf series, that being said, I'll watch it just because SMG is on it tbh

Just finished this and it started off really strong. I was hooked and intrigued, even without Sarah on screen. But then it kind of went downhill. It went from HBO Max level of entertainment to The CW/MTV. :toofunny3:

It’s not the actors as much as it’s the dialogue/script. The last scene really served Twilight’s “I know what you are/Say it out loud” realness. 

I’ll keep watching though because we only got like 2 minutes max of SMG. But yeah, werewolf storylines have never been interesting to me.

OH and the effects were lowkey giving Scooby Doo.

On 1/26/2023 at 6:26 PM, SinnerCity said:

I'm curious as to why people would be shocked she's only present for a few scenes in the pilot? She's literally a detective investigating what happens during the pilot, like, :rip: 

I personally liked the pilot, I think it's solid, it definitely has room for a great storyline.

plus she's been on every promo run saying

"you won't see much in ep 1,2 & 3, then 4 & 5 there are some twists, 6, 7 & 8, you'll get why you came"

the pilot was actually good, I started it knowing she won't be there for much cause the reviews mentioned it

On 1/26/2023 at 5:18 PM, Leptine said:

They're still projects that she landed and got while doing 'Buffy' and she was still fresh out of that popularity of the show, worldwide the show was still airing in a lot of countries since in those times without streaming services a new season was taking a year to be released foreign in order to be dubbed.

'The Crazy Ones' ended up still cancelled after 1 season, realistically after she was done with 'Buffy' she couldn't really manage to pick a project that ended up to be a success for real, and not even moderate one.

I think those are her personal ambitions, she could have landed a role on Batman instead of Katie Holmes but she declined, she easily could have booked big movies with big pedigrees but she chose not to. She was also booked for a HBO pilot that seemed promising

she chose projects that she felt were challenging for herself. also she always said "I don't do projects for the acclaim or the awards but for the audience, that they have fun" and yes she def picked independant movies and bombs, but those were also driven by studio having trouble to properly get deals for their release.

it's not like outside of Scooby-Do, The Grudge and IKWYDLS and Cruel Intentions, she had huge box office smashes

her biggest stain in her filmography was Southland Tales

The Crazy Ones was still huge but just was never a fit for CBS or it would have needed to be nurtured which it wasn't since it wasn't a in-house production

her work on Veronika Decides to Die was acclaim worthy

as to why she refuses to do Buffy reboot or revival:

1. she feels like Buffy's story is finished and doesn't want to do new things just for the fans without any substance just as a fan service and I applaud her for that

2. she probably doesn't want to be back in business with Joss Whedon, she could have landed a role in the Avengers or even in Agents of SHIELD but she never did or was always awkward when they asked her if she'd do a cameo

3. as every actors who had one impactful role, they always go through the phase of not appreciating it as much as they will in the future cause it's too "soon" and they know the bad side that no ones knows

She had two projects for FOX when COVID hit, tho THR did mention she was still gonna develop a book (probably Sometimes I Lie) and hopefully she'll be able to star in it, it's a good book and her performance will be amazing imo

I also have a feeling she will try to get a role on The White Lotus

Sarah is besties with Reese Witherspoon so she should cast her in one of those semi-prestigious entertaining shows for wine moms she produces to give her the critical acclaim and award attention she deserves. This show was never going anywhere lbr

Roman Holiday
6 hours ago, Godly said:

Sarah is besties with Reese Witherspoon so she should cast her in one of those semi-prestigious entertaining shows for wine moms she produces to give her the critical acclaim and award attention she deserves. This show was never going anywhere lbr

Kind of shady of Reese to be casting every other aging actress in Hollywood but her :rip: 

People seem bitter why SMG chose to play this role. Lol. Its her life let her do what she wants damn.

Anyway, this was much better than I expected. Will continue watching 

On 1/23/2023 at 8:35 PM, fridayteenage said:

Gellar on Metacritic:

Wolf Pack 41 so far

Crazy Ones 58

Ringer 59

not a great start. 

Teen Wolf S1 got 61. 

Metacitic isn't all that reliable let's be real

well, her last 2 shows were one and done.

and the gp reception doesn't seem good for this one so far.

12 hours ago, Roman Holiday said:

Kind of shady of Reese to be casting every other aging actress in Hollywood but her :rip: 

the question is, if SMG really does want to

On 1/27/2023 at 7:49 PM, chosensparkles said:

I think those are her personal ambitions, she could have landed a role on Batman instead of Katie Holmes but she declined, she easily could have booked big movies with big pedigrees but she chose not to. She was also booked for a HBO pilot that seemed promising

she chose projects that she felt were challenging for herself. also she always said "I don't do projects for the acclaim or the awards but for the audience, that they have fun" and yes she def picked independant movies and bombs, but those were also driven by studio having trouble to properly get deals for their release.

it's not like outside of Scooby-Do, The Grudge and IKWYDLS and Cruel Intentions, she had huge box office smashes

her biggest stain in her filmography was Southland Tales

The Crazy Ones was still huge but just was never a fit for CBS or it would have needed to be nurtured which it wasn't since it wasn't a in-house production

her work on Veronika Decides to Die was acclaim worthy

as to why she refuses to do Buffy reboot or revival:

1. she feels like Buffy's story is finished and doesn't want to do new things just for the fans without any substance just as a fan service and I applaud her for that

2. she probably doesn't want to be back in business with Joss Whedon, she could have landed a role in the Avengers or even in Agents of SHIELD but she never did or was always awkward when they asked her if she'd do a cameo

3. as every actors who had one impactful role, they always go through the phase of not appreciating it as much as they will in the future cause it's too "soon" and they know the bad side that no ones knows

She had two projects for FOX when COVID hit, tho THR did mention she was still gonna develop a book (probably Sometimes I Lie) and hopefully she'll be able to star in it, it's a good book and her performance will be amazing imo

I also have a feeling she will try to get a role on The White Lotus

she just doesn't choose very good projects, often pretty bad. looking at her filmography is really sad because she could do so much more. i love the veronika movie, my dad read the book and it's a really interesting story, should've chosen more of those and less of the return / southland tales :skull: 

2 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

the question is, if SMG really does want to

she just doesn't choose very good projects, often pretty bad. looking at her filmography is really sad because she could do so much more. i love the veronika movie, my dad read the book and it's a really interesting story, should've chosen more of those and less of the return / southland tales :skull: 

I get why she tried The Return, it could have been a good thriller but it was not.

Nothing beats the awful Harvard and Southland Tales

52 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

I get why she tried The Return, it could have been a good thriller but it was not.

Nothing beats the awful Harvard and Southland Tales

yeah most definitely. i had no idea cruel intentions was lowkey panned, i was obsessed with the movie when it came out, seen it several times and it's still one of my most fave movies. i mean, she's not dead, she can still score some great parts (IF SHE WANTS TO)

On 1/24/2023 at 3:35 AM, fridayteenage said:

Gellar on Metacritic:

Wolf Pack 41 so far

Crazy Ones 58

Ringer 59

not a great start. 

Teen Wolf S1 got 61. 

this just doesn't seem to be the one, again.

cruel-intentions-imag2beur.gif

Edited by Frozen99

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.