Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

Sasha Colby run the show

14 minutes ago, Psycho said:

Sasha Colby run the show

TRUEE

NPrewYs.png

ROUND 14 (star quality)

ENTRIES

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (11am ET on friday 14th april) to judge your entries!!

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Spoiler

Björk - Oceania (Uniqueness)

Christina Aguilera - Keeps Gettin' Better (Confidence)

Miley Cyrus - Can't Be Tamed (Rebellion)

Solange - Losing You (Genre-Bending/Individuality/Creativity)

good luck :heart2:

leak the explanations NOW 

1 minute ago, Auburn said:

giggles

i'm not cocky

i just looove myself

B!TCH!

Edited by Psycho

20 minutes ago, Auburn said:

I don't mind if the host leaks mine 

what about the other two

Björk's song "Oceania" is a powerful demonstration of her unique artistic vision and her ability to stand out in a crowded music industry. From the very beginning of the song, Björk's distinctive voice and unconventional musical approach are on full display.

The song opens with a haunting choral melody that seems to evoke the vastness of the ocean and the mysteries that lie beneath its surface. Björk's voice rises above the choir, soaring and swooping in a way that is both otherworldly and deeply emotional.

As the song progresses, Björk's unique approach to music becomes even more apparent. She layers together a wide variety of vocals, creating a sonic landscape that is both complex and deeply moving.

Throughout the song, Björk's lyrics are similarly unconventional and deeply personal. She sings about the interconnectedness of all living things, using the image of the ocean as a metaphor for the way that our individual experiences are all part of a larger whole.

Taken together, "Oceania" is a powerful testament to Björk's unique artistic vision and her ability to create music that is truly unlike anything else out there. While her approach may not be for everyone, there is no denying that her music stands out as something truly special, and that her commitment to being true to her own creative instincts is a big part of what makes her such a beloved and enduring artist.

h49ET.gif

well im gonna just let yall post them urself ig

Everything that Christina does exudes confidence. This includes her powerful vocals, lyrical content (often about female empowerment and self-worth), and her tendency to go against the grain and push boundaries (you could even say her music is often too ahead of its time for some people).

pbz8XKd.gif

I chose Keeps Gettin' Better to exemplify this theme because it's Christina at her most powerful and unapologetic. It is a summation of what came before to make her the superhero she is and a hint of what was to come in the future. It has an anthemic, belty chorus, strong and confident lyrics, and it's all wrapped up in a futuristic sound. This lyric says it all perfectly: "Yeah baby, there's a villain in me, so sexy, sour and sweet, and you'll be lovin' it ahh"

tumblr_lhixsqkRgt1qdf8w1o1_500.gif

sasha2.thumb.gif.5e8643d7925b8c0f24eb053

Although Miley had already given hints towards being hard to handle, her rebellious spirit wasn’t at full display until the release of CAN’T BE TAMED.

While Can’t Be Tamed may have been one of her least commercially successful singles at that point in her career, it remains a fan-favorite and a staple within her discography due to its importance to “Miley Cyrus” as a brand. Can’t Be Tamed exemplifies what makes Miley Cyrus unique — she is, and always has been, unafraid to defy the boxes that people desperately try to place her in. She’s a rebel at heart, a shapeshifter within pop, a trailblazer among her Disney peers, and she doesn’t care who she offends. 

“I wanna fly, I wanna drive, I wanna go / I wanna be a part of something I don't know / And if you try to hold me back, I might explode / Baby, by now you should know I can't be tamed”, Miley recites in the chorus of the song, making a clear statement to the Disney machine that had been controlling her career since she was 12. Nearly 18, Miley was breaking free of her constraints for the very first time in a BIG way. 

And she never looked back, remaining an unpredictable and rebellious force into her adolescent years and through her 20s. Openly supporting gay rights while still under a Disney contract. Coming out as gender-fluid and pansexual before it became a widely discussed mainstream topic. Releasing an album for free on Soundcloud. Changing aesthetics with each and every album. From the confident country-pop-rap of Bangerz to the vulnerable psychedelia of Dead Petz to the raspy new-wave punch of Plastic Hearts, Miley would continue to REBEL from previous versions of herself and show the public that she truly can’t be tamed. And it all started with this song!

Miley_Cyrus_Cant_Be_Tamed_01.jpg

5 minutes ago, wish said:

she's so hot

a literal mother

spacer.png

Solange Knowles is a genre-bending, R&B oriented singer. She is known for her skillful fusion of several musical genres, which is a motif in her discography. In this masterpiece, Losing You, which is arguably a discography highlight, she excellently encapsulates, hints of alternative R&B meets synthpop with 80s influences and some indie pop and house influences. This song takes you on an emotional journey as the lyrical content is one of sadness and melancholy, but the production is joyful and forces you to dance to the beat, therefore underscoring the brilliance of the dichotomy in Solange's artistry. Therefore, Solange's duality and originality are indisputably highlighted on this perfect track. Her knack for genre-bending is one to be admired, as she is undoubtedly a master in her craft. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, wish said:

like they're speechless asf...

could we have a *gasps* top 4?

gasps top 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.