Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

oh hi wow u want next round huh

Thanks everyone :heart2:

6 minutes ago, thecptz said:

oh hi wow u want next round huh

*nods*

after i shower!

NPrewYs.png

ROUND 13

panned/acclaimed

welcome back our top 5 of season 5 of Diversity :heart2: after Carly Rae Jepsen said bye bye to us, we've now reached the quarter-final!

that's it... only this round and the next round and we will have our 3 acts in the finale

but first... you need to survive this theme...

'panned/acclaimed'

i feel like this is an easy theme! we want you to submit a song from your most panned album OR your most acclaimed album! see there are two routes to go! just go with the best song you think you still have left from either your most panned album or your most acclaimed album. and don't worry! thanks to our judge, Caroline Polachek @Sanguine has compiled the list of albums for you guys according to rateyourmusic.com!

Björk: Vespertine / Volta

Christina Aguilera: Back to Basics / Lotus

Demi Lovato: Here We Go Again / Unbroken

Miley Cyrus: Plastic Hearts / Dead Petz

Solange: A Seat at the Table / Solo Star

an explanation is not required. but feel free to explain how much u love the song idk~

our lovely judges will score each part: 5 for how it fits the theme and 5 for judges' personal taste. so please do your best, everything counts!

ALSO, THIS IS THE LAST ROUND THAT WILL HAVE SING-OFF! huhuhuhu

this is a single elimination round!

please do your best and try to avoid being in the bottom 2 :heart2:

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY HERE!

you can submit your entry only once. however, you can still go back and edit things until the deadline.

you will have 23 hours for this. no extension will be granted x

DEADLINE: 11pm EDT on Sunday 9th of April

if you have any questions, feel free to leave them here or DM me.

good luck and have fun :heart2:

Hmmmm

0/5 :)

ahehe

NPrewYs.png

ROUND 13 (panned/acclaimed)

ENTRIES

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (11am ET on tuesday 11th april) to judge your entries!!

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Spoiler

Björk - Hidden Place (from Vespertine)

Christina Aguilera - Still Dirrty (from Back to Basics)

Demi Lovato - Every Time You Lie (from Here We Go Again)

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know (from Plastic Hearts)

Solange - Don't You Wait (from A Seat at the Table)

good luck :heart2:

ROUND THIRTEEN CRITIQUES

Björk - Hidden Place (from Vespertine): So intricate and gorgeous. One of her very best! Definitely the entry here that really “brought it” the most so kudos for that

Christina Aguilera - Still Dirrty (from Back to Basics): The instrumental to this sounds like you left your car running at the circus and everything else is all over the place so I am just… not a fan at all

Demi Lovato - Every Time You Lie (from Here We Go Again): Such a bop! Jazz Pop queen, ate this man up at only sixteen

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know (from Plastic Hearts): Haven’t listened to this one in a while, it’s different and more punky than I remembered? Pretty good, but hoped it would hit harder

Solange - Don't You Wait (from A Seat at the Table): One of my faves on ASATT!! True EP vibes. The production is so punchy and I love the pre-/chorus melody and harmonies 

@CBC @Auburn @Noah @wish @Not Like The Movies

yea that was fast :clap3:

2AopB7c.png

Björk - Hidden Place (from Vespertine): The only classic song here. You will be rewarded for this. 

Christina Aguilera - Still Dirrty (from Back to Basics): A bit disappointing. Like where are the hits? This is not even close as good as its prequel i'm afraid.

Demi Lovato - Every Time You Lie (from Here We Go Again): Similar to Xtina, I feel there were stronger opportunities available. This just sounds like random filler to me and not as appealing as Got Dynamite from this same album. 

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know (from Plastic Hearts): It's okay. Not really into how shouty she sounds with her current voice. Song does get better as it goes on so there's that. 

Solange - Don't You Wait (from A Seat at the Table): It's good enough. Not amazing but it has interesting enough production to stand out compared to some of her competition. 

come on judging

h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Björk - Hidden Place (from Vespertine)

The song's melody is like a combination of uplifting and melancholic tunes that create a mysterious and almost dreamlike atmosphere. We live for the top-notch production of the song. 

Christina Aguilera - Still Dirrty (from Back to Basics)

I guess they were trying to do a more polished and refined version of Dirrty. The sultry/seductive tone of the song is still there but the song lacks the punch that the former song had. 

Demi Lovato - Every Time You Lie (from Here We Go Again)

I love how the song started with a somber piano melody but it got lighter as the song progressed. There were some cute moments but there were also some meh moments.

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know (from Plastic Hearts)

The song was very energetic and very confident. Her vocals were strong and assertive enough to match the song's playful tone. I like this now more than I remembered.

Solange - Don't You Wait (from A Seat at the Table)

The beats were very hypnotic, the gradual build-up really drawing me in more to the song. Is it better than Cranes? Maybe not, but I still enjoyed the song regardless.

woahhh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.