Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

2/2 sing-off entries in and they will be sent to the judges in a min! :duca:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

• ATRL Moderator

Baby Z is on another work trip this weekend and results will be after he’s back!

jQ4N9XE.gif

we stan

NPrewYs.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 10

Spoiler

On 3/20/2023 at 9:17 AM, Hikari said:

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Reveal hidden contents

Björk - Mutual Core (Touch)

Queen of geology! We appreciate her using these geological terms such as tectonic plates and drifts as metaphors. When it comes to personal preference, I thought the song was just alright.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Stay Away (Touch)

Queen of not resisting! I mean the word touch was mentioned a few times in the song. Yeah basically she doesnt wanna be separated from that someone. Not really gagged but the song was cute enough.

Charli XCX - Take My Hand (Touch)

Queen of going out! Just like the previous song, it's about wanting to be with that person she likes. Another cute song, but slightly more of my preference. 

Christina Aguilera - Candyman (Taste)

Queen of the 1920s! Finally, something that is not about a sense of touch. Her male prospect being her meal. We stan tho! The song is a huge huge bop!

Demi Lovato - The Way You Don't Look At Me (Sight)

Queen/Parent of not looking? I like that you emphasized more on her personal stuggles/insecurities in the song. The song is nice but it maybe just was a bit too acoustic for me.

FKA twigs - Video Girl (Sight)

Queen of that girl from the Jessie J music video! Just kidding, she's definitely more than that. This used to be one of my faves in the album but some songs just took over its place as time passed by.

Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A. (Hearing)

Queen of partying! But I remember her saying she had not even heard of a Jay-Z song back then? I mean it's a childhood bop but let's see how far nostalgia can go x

Solange - Don't Touch My Hair (Touch)

Queen of slay hair! I really like how you relate the song to more than just not wanting someone to touch her hair, that it was a statement about black women empowerment. I think you're going to be acing another round <3  

On 3/20/2023 at 12:46 PM, Sanguine said:

ROUND TEN CRITIQUES

Björk - Mutual Core (Touch): LOVE this song and all the different sounds it explores. Theme: I'm conflicted about this because while I like the approach and this is obviously metaphoric of a relationship stimulated by touch, it's also not that explicit about it? 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Stay Away (Touch): It's good, but hasn't held up all that strongly. I liked it a lot more in 2020. Theme: Works, I mean she literally says in the song she's "been thinking about touch" 

Charli XCX - Take My Hand (Touch): YES YES YES YES incredible song, this is yet another one from her I would say is in her top five best. Just so addictive and catchy. Theme: The chorus and refrain are good selling points for this, on-theme

Christina Aguilera - Candyman (Taste): A cute bop. Not one of my favorites from her but I do like it, her Jazzy songs really hit sometimes. Theme: Glad we got one for taste and this is fitting!

Demi Lovato - The Way You Don't Look At Me (Sight): Very beautiful ballad, I really enjoy the chorus melody! Theme: Wow I didn't know some of the stuff you mentioned in your explanation. All context considered this is an excellent choice!

FKA twigs - Video Girl (Sight): In the same camp as Hours for me with its pretty atmosphere and occasionally memorable lines, solid song overall! Theme: Your approach is unique and I like it! 

Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A. (Hearing): A nostalgic banger. Theme: Some of what you said felt like a reach but yeah I hear (ha) the hearing elements in this!

Solange - Don't Touch My Hair (Touch): I love the production here a lot and she sounds great as usual. Overall enjoyable. Theme: A touch song not about sex is a welcome surprise! It's a fit

@CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @wish @Not Like The Movies

On 3/20/2023 at 11:14 PM, Euterpe said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fitting? The fact this is a huge metaphor for touch is so artistically well done???? I never could’ve come up with it, but yeah, fitting in the most unique way. Do I like it? This song is a whole vibe.

Fitting? Yeah, it talks about thinking about touch and staying away from touch. Do I like it? Yes! I really, really like this.

Fitting? Even with your description, I would say for the most part it works for what you’re going for, but not completely. Do I like it? It’s alright; it’s fun.

Fitting? First, I kind of stan your job explanation. Second, I do think it works for the most part. Do I like it? Yeah, it’s fun.

Fitting? I appreciate the background you gave about Demi and how that is within the song for sight. I do think it skews on the hearing sense also along with sight, so that’s the only knock I can see. Do I like it? It’s so pretty; her voice in these emotional songs can’t miss.

Fitting? This is another unique take, and I think your explanation makes a lot of sense for what’s in the song and what the song is. Do I like it? Oh, I love this. I stan.

Fitting? I never would have thought this song for any of the senses, but after reading your explanation and the lyrics, yeah, you’re right. My mind is kind of spinning out about it. Do I like it? I like it, mostly for nostalgia, but also kind of feels like for its time.

Fitting? The song is about touching/not wanting other people to touch, so it fits the bill spot on. Do I like it? I really like it; it’s a very well made song overall, though it could have benefited from being sung at a one step lower octave, but it didn’t bother me much.

On 3/21/2023 at 7:38 AM, Tom Vercetti said:

2AopB7c.png

Björk - Mutual Core (Touch): I didn't really grasp the "touch" vibes fully at first but upon further listening it makes more sense. Song wise I always liked how dynamic it was. It's what fossora wanted to do. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Stay Away (Touch): I get the touch direction from this song. Is it the best of it though? hmm. Song wise, it has a decent hook. 

Charli XCX - Take My Hand (Touch): It's on the nose lyrically. It didn't age as well as some of the other TR songs but it's fine. 

Christina Aguilera - Candyman (Taste): From the title alone, you had the taste direction down pact. Great execution. 

Demi Lovato - The Way You Don't Look At Me (Sight): Yay a sight selection. You sold your deep explanation on the song well. Quality wise, this was chill. One of her better songs. 

FKA twigs - Video Girl (Sight): An inspired choice. I didn't get the full insight on what this song was about until the description so it def fits. A vibe it is, yeah. 

Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A. (Hearing): Yes we reminisce hearing jay z and britney on the radio back in 09. I get the choice in a sense that hearing those songs/hollywood sounds makes her feel more comfortable around a setting she's not used to. It's not a timeless song but still good for the radio. 

Solange - Don't Touch My Hair (Touch): Another flaw free execution. I think this is the best of the touch selections. Song wise, one of my faves from her. 

@CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @wish @Not Like The Movies

On 3/21/2023 at 7:57 AM, Element said:

tumblr_moi46801tN1rlawy5o1_400.gif

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

First of all, I love the lyrics of this song! They are really vivid and unique. I think that it fits the theme pretty well and in a creative way, so nice job! The song was pretty solid for me. Definitely in the middle range of enjoyability for me across this season.

I think this is clear and effective with the theme. Multiple references to the sense in question. I'm looking back at my playlists around the time Dedicated Side B released, and this was one of the few songs I actually saved back then. It's a bop! Definitely a standout from that era.

Another solid entry for the theme! It's a little murky with the touch aspect maybe not being as tactile/sensual as other entries, but I think it works well. Boppy enough, but nothing really excited me.

Glad to see a taste entry!! Arguably the most fun sense for a campy song. I think it's a great representation of the theme. I enjoy this song to a point. It's fun but gets a bit annoying at times... it's like an 8/10 for me in a rate.

Thank you for the description, because it definitely helped me understand a bit more. At face value, the lyrics are not the strongest for the theme honestly but the greater context is helpful. As far as personal taste goes... this was kind of in one ear and out the other. Pleasant but mid.

I liked this within the range of how much I enjoy FKA Twigs. Interesting take on the challenge. I think it's a pretty good take on the theme overall! I like the dual meaning that you explained to us.

Mega bop and classic like.... your explanation was very cute and sold it to me for the most part tbh

Strongest entry of the round for both categories IMO! It was beautiful and another thoughtful/unique perspective from you and Solange. You're in your slay era!

@CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @wish @Not Like The Movies

NPrewYs.png 

RESULTS

Spoiler
On 3/21/2023 at 8:43 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 5th place...

with the average of 8.6

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus with Party In The U.S.A. for Hearing!

@wish

congrats!!!

On 3/21/2023 at 8:46 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 4th place...

with the average of 8.74

Reveal hidden contents

Carly Rae Jepsen with Stay Away for Touch!

@Staryu

congrats!!!

On 3/21/2023 at 8:49 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 3rd place...

with the average of 8.86

Reveal hidden contents

FKA twigs with Video Girl for Sight!

@Touch It

congrats!!!

On 3/21/2023 at 8:56 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 2nd place...

with the average of 8.94

Reveal hidden contents

Christina Aguilera with Candyman for Taste!

@Auburn

congrats!!!

On 3/21/2023 at 8:59 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 1st place...

with the average of 9.72

Reveal hidden contents

Solange with Don't Touch My Hair for Touch!

@Not Like The Movies

congrats!!!

On 3/21/2023 at 9:04 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 8th place...and SINGING OFF

with the average of 8.32

Reveal hidden contents

Demi Lovato with The Way You Don't Look At Me for Sight!

good luck! :emofish:

On 3/21/2023 at 9:07 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 7th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 8.42

Reveal hidden contents

Charli XCX with Take My Hand for Touch!

@Future Lover

good luck! :emofish:

in 6th place... and SAFE

with the average of 8.54

Reveal hidden contents

Björk with Mutual Core for Touch!

congrats!!!

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF ENTRIES

welcome to our tenth sing-off of the season, charli xcx and demi lovato have performed boots the house down for the judges

they both have won a sing-off before so we know they have some experience going into this

but who will impress the judges more and get another chance to stay in the game? #staytuned #yassss

#ButFirst, let's see what they performed

first up, please welcome Demi Lovato who performed HAPPY ENDING!

Spoiler

and finishing with Charli XCX with an iconic performance of Bounce!

WHEWWWWWW #shook

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

coming STRAIGHT to the panel, it's judge Sean Paul!

QcWpL1m.png

here's what he had to say:

just watched demi's and their's fine and all but I always found charli's kinda fun

so yea, ig everyone knows who he decides to save!!!

and his vote goes to.... Charli XCX!

let's welcome judge Caroline Polachek to the microphone next!

RHZIIxk.png

here's what she had to say:

Charli: This was so ahead of its time, I mean the fact they had to take it down from YouTube because it was dragged so hard and now everyone loves it :ahh: anyways it’s camp, her vocals may not be as good as Demi’s but her energy and the set are so fun, I would’ve loved to be there

Demi: Her voice sounds amazing but like with Shygirl, these VEVO performances rarely give anything for me outside of that

omg right... i still remember when they took down charli's performance

that's so iconic, ANYWAYS, miss caroline gives another vote to...

yes another... ofc, she gave her vote to Charli XCX!

judge Lexie Liu has come to the stage now!

igAkZZE.png

Demi: She sounded great, the performance was definitely polished and it made me appreciate the song more.

Charli: She was definitely having fun while doing this. Her vocals were very unserious but you know what she compensated that with lots and lots of energy.

then she went quiet :cries: we all thought she was dead

then Sean Paul whispered in her ears... and what else?

SHE'S SHOOK AND SHE STARTS BEING RESPONSIVE AGAIN OMG

after a long pause... she decided to vote for....

Demi Lovato!

with 2-1 votes going on right now, what will happen?

who will stay? who will go? ooooh it's close! #Close #SoClose #ExcitedGame #Yassified

1 minute ago, wish said:

welcome back baby z!!! :heart2:

thank you :heart2:

1 minute ago, wish said:

the Bounce performance being ERASED from Youtube :redface:

an iconic moment

help i forgot i haven't finished this giggles

anyways lets go

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

welcome back :hug: after i took a break for a short time, we're BACK and SLAYING #YAS

now charli xcx is in the lead with 2-1 but will demi make a comeback? WOAHHHH

#StayTuned

next it's judge Ally Brooke!

jD33T3G.png

she walks in, she sits, and she says nothing AGAIN...

GAGGING omggggg

so who she decided to save????

it's .....

Demi Lovato!!!!

THAT MAKES IT 2-2 WHICH MEANS

IT COMES DOWN TO HER.

ELLIE.

GOULDING.

OUp3m9e.png

- Demi - Great vocals and I really liked the scenery/lighting/etc. It worked well for this song and everything captured my attention.

- Charli XCX - This was wild ldkjsaldkj. I just read the lore about this and wow. At least she had fun!

gasps.....

the results are in....

with the vote of 3-2

the act going through to the next round is....

Spoiler

Demi Lovato

@Noah

congrats :heart: you're safe to slay another round! YIPPEE!

Spoiler

which means i'm sorry, Charli XCX.. your time in Diversity 5 is up.

thank you so much for applying :hug: you're another one that i didn't expect to make it this far

since the reception you've gotten from the judges really are sooo mixed but i'm so glad you made it here

because they deserved to hear all the amazing stuff charli has done!!! AND YOU DID SNATCH SOME WINS!

that's so amazing with this amazing and talented cast!!!

hope you sign up for season 6... thank you so much

:heart2:

Round 11 will be soon :heart2:

please say your goodbye to our eliminated act.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.