Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

yass

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

NPrewYs.png

ROUND 10 (make it make sense)

ENTRIES

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (9pm ET on monday 20th) to judge your entries!!

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Spoiler

Björk - Mutual Core (Touch)

Carly Rae Jepsen - Stay Away (Touch)

Charli XCX - Take My Hand (Touch)

Christina Aguilera - Candyman (Taste)

Demi Lovato - The Way You Don't Look At Me (Sight)

FKA twigs - Video Girl (Sight)

Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A. (Hearing)

Solange - Don't Touch My Hair (Touch)

good luck :heart2:

31 minutes ago, Noah said:

no smell? :frown:

yes :(

PTC

Spoiler

22aIvje.png

wrong thread!

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Queen of geology! We appreciate her using these geological terms such as tectonic plates and drifts as metaphors. When it comes to personal preference, I thought the song was just alright.

Queen of not resisting! I mean the word touch was mentioned a few times in the song. Yeah basically she doesnt wanna be separated from that someone. Not really gagged but the song was cute enough.

Queen of going out! Just like the previous song, it's about wanting to be with that person she likes. Another cute song, but slightly more of my preference. 

Queen of the 1920s! Finally, something that is not about a sense of touch. Her male prospect being her meal. We stan tho! The song is a huge huge bop!

Queen/Parent of not looking? I like that you emphasized more on her personal stuggles/insecurities in the song. The song is nice but it maybe just was a bit too acoustic for me.

Queen of that girl from the Jessie J music video! Just kidding, she's definitely more than that. This used to be one of my faves in the album but some songs just took over its place as time passed by.

Queen of partying! But I remember her saying she had not even heard of a Jay-Z song back then? I mean it's a childhood bop but let's see how far nostalgia can go x

Queen of slay hair! I really like how you relate the song to more than just not wanting someone to touch her hair, that it was a statement about black women empowerment. I think you're going to be acing another round <3  

59 minutes ago, Hikari said:

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Reveal hidden contents

Queeon of geology! We appreciate her using these geological terms such as tectonic plates and drifts as metaphors. When it comes to personal preference, I thought the song was just alright.

Queen of not resisting! I mean the word touch was mentioned a few times in the song. Yeah basically she doesnt wanna be separated from that someone. Not really gagged but the song was cute enough.

Queen of going out! Just like the previous song, it's about wanting to be with that person she likes. Another cute song, but slightly more of my preference. 

Queen of the 1920s! Finally, something that is not about a sense of touch. Her male prospect being her meal. We stan tho! The song is a huge huge bop!

Queen/Parent of not looking? I like that you emphasized more on her personal stuggles/insecurities in the song. The song is nice but it maybe just was a bit too acoustic for me.

Queen of that girl from the Jessie J music video! Just kidding, she's definitely more than that. This used to be one of my faves in the album but some songs just took over its place as time passed by.

Queen of partying! But I remember her saying she had not even heard of a Jay-Z song back then? I mean it's a childhood bop but let's see how far can nostalgia go x

Queen of slay hair! I really like how you relate the song to more than just not wanting someone to touch her hair, that it was a statement about black women empowerment. I think you're going to be acing another round <3  

thanks for the lashing :gaycat4:

Thank you :heart2:

ROUND TEN CRITIQUES

Björk - Mutual Core (Touch): LOVE this song and all the different sounds it explores. Theme: I'm conflicted about this because while I like the approach and this is obviously metaphoric of a relationship stimulated by touch, it's also not that explicit about it? 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Stay Away (Touch): It's good, but hasn't held up all that strongly. I liked it a lot more in 2020. Theme: Works, I mean she literally says in the song she's "been thinking about touch" 

Charli XCX - Take My Hand (Touch): YES YES YES YES incredible song, this is yet another one from her I would say is in her top five best. Just so addictive and catchy. Theme: The chorus and refrain are good selling points for this, on-theme

Christina Aguilera - Candyman (Taste): A cute bop. Not one of my favorites from her but I do like it, her Jazzy songs really hit sometimes. Theme: Glad we got one for taste and this is fitting!

Demi Lovato - The Way You Don't Look At Me (Sight): Very beautiful ballad, I really enjoy the chorus melody! Theme: Wow I didn't know some of the stuff you mentioned in your explanation. All context considered this is an excellent choice!

FKA twigs - Video Girl (Sight): In the same camp as Hours for me with its pretty atmosphere and occasionally memorable lines, solid song overall! Theme: Your approach is unique and I like it! 

Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A. (Hearing): A nostalgic banger. Theme: Some of what you said felt like a reach but yeah I hear (ha) the hearing elements in this!

Solange - Don't Touch My Hair (Touch): I love the production here a lot and she sounds great as usual. Overall enjoyable. Theme: A touch song not about sex is a welcome surprise! It's a fit

@CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @wish @Not Like The Movies

PERIOD JUDGES

6 hours ago, Sanguine said:

ROUND TEN CRITIQUES

Björk - Mutual Core (Touch): LOVE this song and all the different sounds it explores. Theme: I'm conflicted about this because while I like the approach and this is obviously metaphoric of a relationship stimulated by touch, it's also not that explicit about it? 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Stay Away (Touch): It's good, but hasn't held up all that strongly. I liked it a lot more in 2020. Theme: Works, I mean she literally says in the song she's "been thinking about touch" 

Charli XCX - Take My Hand (Touch): YES YES YES YES incredible song, this is yet another one from her I would say is in her top five best. Just so addictive and catchy. Theme: The chorus and refrain are good selling points for this, on-theme

Christina Aguilera - Candyman (Taste): A cute bop. Not one of my favorites from her but I do like it, her Jazzy songs really hit sometimes. Theme: Glad we got one for taste and this is fitting!

Demi Lovato - The Way You Don't Look At Me (Sight): Very beautiful ballad, I really enjoy the chorus melody! Theme: Wow I didn't know some of the stuff you mentioned in your explanation. All context considered this is an excellent choice!

FKA twigs - Video Girl (Sight): In the same camp as Hours for me with its pretty atmosphere and occasionally memorable lines, solid song overall! Theme: Your approach is unique and I like it! 

Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A. (Hearing): A nostalgic banger. Theme: Some of what you said felt like a reach but yeah I hear (ha) the hearing elements in this!

Solange - Don't Touch My Hair (Touch): I love the production here a lot and she sounds great as usual. Overall enjoyable. Theme: A touch song not about sex is a welcome surprise! It's a fit

@CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @wish @Not Like The Movies

thank you for the lashing :gaycat4:

Thank you! :heart2:

yippee!

Fitting? The fact this is a huge metaphor for touch is so artistically well done???? I never could’ve come up with it, but yeah, fitting in the most unique way. Do I like it? This song is a whole vibe.

Fitting? Yeah, it talks about thinking about touch and staying away from touch. Do I like it? Yes! I really, really like this.

Fitting? Even with your description, I would say for the most part it works for what you’re going for, but not completely. Do I like it? It’s alright; it’s fun.

Fitting? First, I kind of stan your job explanation. Second, I do think it works for the most part. Do I like it? Yeah, it’s fun.

Fitting? I appreciate the background you gave about Demi and how that is within the song for sight. I do think it skews on the hearing sense also along with sight, so that’s the only knock I can see. Do I like it? It’s so pretty; her voice in these emotional songs can’t miss.

Fitting? This is another unique take, and I think your explanation makes a lot of sense for what’s in the song and what the song is. Do I like it? Oh, I love this. I stan.

Fitting? I never would have thought this song for any of the senses, but after reading your explanation and the lyrics, yeah, you’re right. My mind is kind of spinning out about it. Do I like it? I like it, mostly for nostalgia, but also kind of feels like for its time.

Fitting? The song is about touching/not wanting other people to touch, so it fits the bill spot on. Do I like it? I really like it; it’s a very well made song overall, though it could have benefited from being sung at a one step lower octave, but it didn’t bother me much.

2 hours ago, Euterpe said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fitting? The fact this is a huge metaphor for touch is so artistically well done???? I never could’ve come up with it, but yeah, fitting in the most unique way. Do I like it? This song is a whole vibe.

Fitting? Yeah, it talks about thinking about touch and staying away from touch. Do I like it? Yes! I really, really like this.

Fitting? Even with your description, I would say for the most part it works for what you’re going for, but not completely. Do I like it? It’s alright; it’s fun.

Fitting? First, I kind of stan your job explanation. Second, I do think it works for the most part. Do I like it? Yeah, it’s fun.

Fitting? I appreciate the background you gave about Demi and how that is within the song for sight. I do think it skews on the hearing sense also along with sight, so that’s the only knock I can see. Do I like it? It’s so pretty; her voice in these emotional songs can’t miss.

Fitting? This is another unique take, and I think your explanation makes a lot of sense for what’s in the song and what the song is. Do I like it? Oh, I love this. I stan.

Fitting? I never would have thought this song for any of the senses, but after reading your explanation and the lyrics, yeah, you’re right. My mind is kind of spinning out about it. Do I like it? I like it, mostly for nostalgia, but also kind of feels like for its time.

Fitting? The song is about touching/not wanting other people to touch, so it fits the bill spot on. Do I like it? I really like it; it’s a very well made song overall, though it could have benefited from being sung at a one step lower octave, but it didn’t bother me much.

thank you for the praise :gaycat4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.