Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

this is the fourth time I've been the last song before the bottom :cri:

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF

Carly Rae Jepsen

Solange

welcome to the twelfth sing-off of the season where one (1) of you will be eliminated after this

1. Sing-off will be only for the bottoms in each round where they need to send in a LIVE PERFORMANCE of their artist in order to survive the sing-off.

2. You can send in a live performance of a song you already used in the main round. But the live performance of that said song can be used once in the sing off. For example, I submit Lorde's Fallen Fruit on James Corden show for round 1 sing-off. Then I'm in the sing-off again in round 2, I can't submit Fallen Fruit performance on Global Citizen because I've already used Fallen Fruit performance.

3. The focus of the sing-off will be focused on the whole performance and not just the vocal aspect.

the judges will pick their favorite sing-off performance based on the whole performance and not just vocals.

you will have 24 hours (10am EDT on SATURDAY 8TH APRIL) to submit your sing-off performance.

the faster you send, the faster the results will come so please do that asap.

SEND YOUR SING-OFF HERE

@Euterpe @Sanguine @Element @Hikari @Tom Vercetti

didn't expect Come on Over Baby to get such poor taste scores, I thought everyone bops to it :gaycat6:

Sent

2/2 sing-off entries in and they are about to be sent to the judges :heart2:

1 minute ago, thecptz said:

2/2 sing-off entries in and they are about to be sent to the judges :heart2:

:heart:

10 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

Sent

good luck :bird:

1 minute ago, Staryu said:

Also sent, sorry for dishonoring your memory @Touch It :monkey:

U DID GREAT

3 minutes ago, Staryu said:

good luck :bird:

Thank you, Good luck to you too :heart:

1 hour ago, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 2nd place...

with the average of 9.34

Reveal hidden contents

Björk with Pagan Poetry for Grey!

@CBC

congrats!!! finally re-entering ur slay era :clap3:

Slay poetry 

Excited Oprah Winfrey GIF

9 minutes ago, CBC said:

7 Things major classic miley magnum opus me thinks :clap3:

omg pagan poetry deserved to win for real!!

NPrewYs.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 12

Spoiler

On 4/5/2023 at 12:27 PM, Sanguine said:

ROUND TWELVE CRITIQUES

Björk - Pagan Poetry (Grey)

Theme: Grey area - yep, I see it lyrically and sonically (cover helps)
Taste: One of her best, nothing touches the sheer sexual energy this gives off

Carly Rae Jepsen - Anxious (Burnt orange (hex code #CC5500))

Theme: Umm sure. I thought this was a reach for a sec, and well it kinda is, but I get where you're coming from so points
Taste: Bop bop BOP! Why this was relegated to a bonus track is up there with the moon landing and other cryptid conspiracies

Christina Aguilera - Come on over Baby (All I Want Is You) (Red)

Theme: Pretty direct she is horny
Taste: A little aged but still very fun! The chorus is super catchy

Demi Lovato - Two Pieces (Steel blue)

Theme: The blue definitely represents how she and this character are feeling in the song, yep
Taste: I love this song!! Always been one of my faves on the Demi album. Here We Go Again vibes <3

Miley Cyrus - 7 Things (Red)

Theme: I like this interpretation of red best, maybe because it's the most straightforward, but yeah. Just raw emotion all around
Taste: Yassss Teen Pop bop. She came on here mad as hell!!

Solange - Jerrod (Red)

Theme: Love how even when she sings about sex she does it in an oblique artsy way lol. Queen! But yeah that fits well enough!
Taste: I loveeee WIGH but this is one of those songs that fits better contextually within the album, that being said I enjoy it offc but I enjoy all the songs this round so... much to think about

@CBC @Staryu @Auburn @Noah @wish @Not Like The Movies

On 4/5/2023 at 6:53 PM, Hikari said:

h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Reveal hidden contents

Theme: Nailed it on the spot. The visuals help a lot too, can definitely hear the sense of independence here.
Personal Taste: Fantastic! Excellent! Amazing! Brilliant! A career highlight!

Theme: Yep! I can definitely feel the warmth from this song. 
Personal Taste: The second best song in the album behind Beach House!

Theme: Spot on with the theme! Exactly! Make that move first, girl!  
Personal Taste: It has that 90s crossing over the early 2000s appeal so points for that!

Theme: I can hear the calmness in most parts of the song and maybe strength too.
Personal Taste: I quite liked it. Maybe not my fave this round but it was decent.

Theme: Just like the Christina song I guess but this one's more late 2000s vibes.
Personal Taste: Hmmmm very nostalgic I guess, let's see how much points can nostalgia give x

Solange - Jerrod (Red)

Theme: Another red entry but this one's a little more sensual thant the others.
Personal Taste: I'm satisfied. Idk if that was intentional but the song ended abruptly?

On 4/6/2023 at 11:18 AM, Tom Vercetti said:

2AopB7c.png

Björk - Pagan Poetry (Grey): As someone who has chosen grey last season, I feel this color is a pretty unique choice and this great song truly fits its overall meaning. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Anxious (Burnt orange (hex code #CC5500)): Burnt Orange is a new one for me ngl but I like the color choice although I didn't get a strong sense of the red + yellow mix. Song wise i've seen this being hyped around and while I still haven't heard the album it's decent and the best from what I heard from it so far. 

Christina Aguilera - Come on over Baby (All I Want Is You) (Red): Standard approach which you can't really go wrong for. Similar feelings quality wise for the song. 

Demi Lovato - Two Pieces (Steel blue): Not the biggest fan of this song but thematically the explanation helped make sense as to why you chose this for the color.

Miley Cyrus - 7 Things (Red): Appecriate for not going for the love/passion route for this common color and instead into the anger/moody vibe. It fits the song and i'm feeling it atm. 

Solange - Jerrod (Red): Not the strongest red suit for me but it fits regardless. Song wise, I wish it left more of a lasting impression. I'll have to agree with judge caroline that this is more hitting in the album-listening session rather than a standalone song. 

@CBC @Staryu @Auburn @Noah @wish @Not Like The Movies

On 4/7/2023 at 9:44 AM, Euterpe said:

ally-ally-brooke.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Fitting? The vibes fit, and some of the lyrics towards the end, but doesn’t do the color justice as much as I would like. Do I like it? This is my vibe.

Fitting? I feel like your explanation doesn’t quite fit into the lyrics of the song, and it seems more burnt than orange to me. Do I like it? I actually really enjoyed this.

Fitting? I’d say so. Do I like it? It’s fun, but very much a product of its time.

Fitting? Eh, for the most part. Do I like it? Literally her best song ever made.

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? It’s a lot of fun, but doesn’t hit as well as it used to for me.

Solange - Jerrod (Red)

Fitting? I would say for the most part. Do I like it? It’s okay; it’s not a favorite.

On 4/7/2023 at 1:19 PM, Element said:

tumblr_mz091sFShf1qe0kcno1_250.giftumblr_mz0c3rF5dz1qe0kcno4_r1_250.giftumblr_mz0c3rF5dz1qe0kcno3_r1_250.gif

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

I was really impressed with this entry!! I think that you represented the color very well, both lyrically and sonically. It has a very like... primordial and ethereal feeling. I enjoyed this for the most part as well. The production struck me as inspirational to some of Ellie's songs... so I was vibing.

Definitely one of my favorite songs on TLT!! It meets all the marks for highly enjoyable pop. I'm struggling a bit with the color association. Your explanation is a nice concept and I see what you were going for, but IDK if I would have immediately gotten such a linkage myself when listening.

A pretty "safe" entry all things considered. Will it be enough when the others are trying to wow us? This song is enjoyable (like I'd bop to it if it came on the radio), but there has always been something holding it back for me.

I've always LOVED this banger. An absolute standout from Demi!! Your color choice was very exciting and unique (especially in the midst of so many reds). I thought your explanation was pretty successful in driving home the color connection. The atmosphere of sadness permeates, but blends in with a very stern percussion and strong vocal.

Yeah I think this hits the nail on the head for red, both w/sound and lyrics. Definitely a major throwback bop for me that I love! It's crazy to hear how immature her voice is, comparing it to her 2023 output.

Solange - Jerrod (Red)

I didn't find this to be exceptionally red sonically. This was definitely weakened by 2 other red entries that represented the color a lot more. Lyrically, it works. Absolutely lovely vocals as always. Some of your past few songs have been stronger, but I was still enjoying this enough.

@CBC @Staryu @Auburn @Noah @wish @Not Like The Movies

• ATRL Moderator

omg it's results time...

NPrewYs.png 

RESULTS

Spoiler
On 4/7/2023 at 8:41 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 3rd place...

with the average of 8.8

Reveal hidden contents

Demi Lovato with Two Pieces for Steel blue!

@Noah

congrats!!!

On 4/7/2023 at 8:44 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 2nd place...

with the average of 9.34

Reveal hidden contents

Björk with Pagan Poetry for Grey!

@CBC

congrats!!! finally re-entering ur slay era :clap3:

On 4/7/2023 at 8:47 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 1st place...

with the average of 9.38

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus with 7 Things for Red!

@wish

congrats on ANOTHER win, wheww!!!

On 4/7/2023 at 8:51 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 5th place...and SINGING OFF

with the average of 8.26

Reveal hidden contents

Carly Rae Jepsen with Anxious for Burnt orange!

@Staryu

sobs... good luck :cries:

On 4/7/2023 at 8:56 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 6th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 7.7

Reveal hidden contents

Solange with Jerrod for Red!

@Not Like The Movies

good luck :emofish:

in 4th place... and SAFE

with the average of 8.4

Reveal hidden contents

Christina Aguilera with Come on over Baby (All I Want Is You) for Red!

congrats!!!

Just now, Element said:

omg it's results time...

is it...

hi

hi lets go 136 yes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.