Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

8 hours ago, Element said:

aw yay congrats @Staryu!! you got my 10 and i was nervous for you with some of those other critiques tbh

ty judgelement :heart2: 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

omg bless y'all ty for #2

9 hours ago, minho said:

congratulations wish!!! that song is actually a secret bop true

:heart2::heart2:

nervous... :redface: I don't have a ton of performances to pick from but curious to see how it goes

also interested in what Charli performance was picked :lakitu:

18 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

2AopB7c.png

Björk - Venus As A Boy (Lust): Not the strongest lust entry but lyrically it's slightly on theme. As a song it's decent. Never really been one of my faves. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Want You In My Room (Lust): It's very suggestive for sure lust wise. Good for her on that. Song wise I never got the appeal for this, sorry. 

Charli XCX - Drugs (Gluttony): Kinda wanna give u bonus points for not going the obvious route. I understand why you chose this for gluttony. Even though it doesn't completely focus on it, I still think it's a near perfect song. 

Christina Aguilera - Your Body (Lust): One of the best lust fits this round. Song wise it's def of its time. Not my go-to sound for her pretty much.  

Demi Lovato - Body Say (Lust): Why does she almost sound like Taylor Swift in the chorus :rip: Anyhow, it's a good lust fit. Song wise, not too shabby. 

FKA twigs - Hours (Lust): Sonically, this is the perfect lust fit. Breathy/sensual etc, like she's ready for it. Song wise it's great. 

Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter (Pride): Props for not going the lust route. The explanation did strengthen the theme aspect for me. I never heard this song until just now and it's one of her better standalone singles already. 

Shygirl - FREAK (Lust): I see based on the title what you were going for. Song wise it's one of the weaker songs on alias for me unfortunately. Middle-of-the-road type of impact. 

Solange - Mad (Wrath): Really appreciated your explanation and it honestly hit me since I understand where she's coming from. Def hits the sin in a special way compared to the rest. Song wise, it's very pleasant. 

no judge entry for me this time xx

@CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn@Noah @Touch It @wish @minho@Not Like The Movies

thank you for the lashing judge :gaycat4:

NPrewYs.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 9

Spoiler

On 3/15/2023 at 12:10 PM, Element said:

giphy.gif

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Björk - Venus As A Boy (Lust)
I think it fits the theme pretty well, if not a bit sporadic. From a personal taste perspective... I don't think I'd listen to this again. I appreciate the artistry! The violins were nice.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Want You In My Room (Lust)

YESSSSSS LOVE THIS SONG. One of her best! Thematically, clear and to the point.

Charli XCX - Drugs (Gluttony)

I've never heard this before, but I found myself enjoying it! It's pretty effective with hitting the theme, although there is some overlap with love/lust at times.

Christina Aguilera - Your Body (Lust)

CLASSIC!!!!!!! Perfect for the theme and I think the production especially nails the ~sinful~ mood.

Demi Lovato - Body Say (Lust)

So hot omg. I've always loved this and wish that it was on an album/had actually smashed a bit. Maybe it will be a sleeper hit on TikTok. Anyways, I think this is like a LITTLE below some of the other entries for me on personal taste, but thematically perfect.

FKA twigs - Hours (Lust)

Thematically fits quite well. I didn't enjoy this at all after 2 listens. It's very shrill.

Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter (Pride)

Very appreciative of you picking one of the less common sins and NAILING it! I felt the pride and the SIN. She was dripping in evil and nastiness!!!

This is literally such a mega banger and still hits hard after 4 years. One of her best!

:jonny:

Shygirl - FREAK (Lust)

Oh dear. Okay. So you're getting a 5 for the theme part. The other half.... maybe I'd enjoy it in a few drinks in at a club, but wow this is not for me at all.

Solange - Mad (Wrath)

This is a such a brilliant song, and your submission/explanation is an incredibly meaningful and important take on this challenge. I enjoyed this a lot from a personal taste perspective as well. It's beautiful! Those angelic vocals are exquisite. I loved the contrast between the subject matter and the very mellifluous production/delivery. There's a lot of interesting ways you could interpret the symbolism of that contrast tbh. I do wish that Lil Wayne was a bit less prevalent so we could let Solange shine even more; but overall, great job.

@CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @wish @minho @Not Like The Movies

On 3/15/2023 at 7:07 PM, Hikari said:

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Reveal hidden contents

She was indeed horny! Loving the instrumentals, it's very calming somehow. Will I listen to it again? Yes, of course!

Moving onto another horny woman. Not as gagged as I first listened to the song but it was still pretty cute.

Let's hear it for the crackheads! Though I also feel like some of Abra's parts borderline at lust as well! I kinda enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

I mean it fits the theme perfectly. I was gonna say I would've preferred Not Myself Tonight more but Looking at the lyrics but I feel like you made the right choice.

I've always loved this song! Really deserved so much more tbh!

FKA twigs - Hours (Lust)

On spot with the theme, my choice would've been Kicks but I think this song has more direct lyrics so yay.

Probably still her best song to date, also love the choice of sin is different from the others so it makes you stand out a bit. 

Shygirl - FREAK (Lust)

Well the lyrics were really straighfroward indeed with some moaning and grunting there, definitely would vibe more with the song if I was wasted or really high.

Solange - Mad (Wrath)
Whew what a song, even Lil Wayne couldn't ruin it. I also love that you took an unusual approach with your explanation. <3

On 3/16/2023 at 1:54 AM, Euterpe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Yes! Probably my favorite Bjork song you’ve submitted so far (as someone who never listened prior).

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Meh, it’s very mid for me.

Fitting? I would say this is half gluttony and half lust, so it didn’t fit full into gluttony as categorized. Do I like it? This song is my VIBE. High repeat value for me oh wow.

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Very much so!

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? It doesn’t hit as hard for me as it used to, but I still find it really enjoyable to listen to!

FKA twigs - Hours (Lust)

Fitting? Yes… insanely, yes. Wow those lust vibes in the vocals and beats… whew. Do I like it? Yes. I’m fanning myself.

Fitting? This is an interesting take on pride because I’m feeling the pride come from past trauma in a sort of way. It definitely fits. Do I like it? I’ve never heard this song before, but now that I have, I understand why it’s acclaimed.

Shygirl - FREAK (Lust)

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? I’m not its biggest fan.

Solange - Mad (Wrath)

Fitting? Your explanation was a great addition for the song to really understand what the song is about, and I really appreciated it. It fits wrath. But I will point out, that I wish the song was only Solange or Solange had more of a part, as she’s the artist for the round, and Lil Wayne had a lot of heavy verses with more of the lyricism, so I’m disappointed regarding that. Do I like it? Yes, I think this was perfect r & b vocals and beats, very smooth.

On 3/16/2023 at 4:16 AM, Sanguine said:

ROUND NINE CRITIQUES

Theme: Yes very horny, in a classy way that feels like it's intentionally violating the sin idk!

Taste: A little overrated in her discog but still enjoyable

Theme: Yes very horny

Taste: Best song on Dedicated, hands down. Hack snapped here

Theme: I'm pretty sure the "drugs" are a metaphor here. I'll give you some points for the explicit references to gluttony, but don't really think it was the purpose

Taste: Absolute banger invented drugs and sex

Taste: I've always loved how she's absolutely screaming over that EDM beat, she said it's not going to overshadow my vocals :kii6: but GREAT song

Taste: Deserved so much better and should've been on TMYLM, bopppp

FKA twigs - Hours (Lust)

Theme: Yes very horny, in a classy way that feels like it's intentionally violating the sin idk! [2]

Taste: One of the weaker songs on LP1 but still really cool, it's very sparse which is interesting

Theme: I can see it, interesting approach because it does read like a female empowerment song as well but also that fits?

Taste: Forgot how good this was, surprised Mike Will wasn't the producer tbh

Shygirl - FREAK (Lust)

Taste: The sped up part and bridge >> solid bop but not one of my favorites by her honestly

Solange - Mad (Wrath)

Theme: I appreciate going for something different and explaining your connection to the song! I think it fits

Taste: Pleasant and soulful

@CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn@Noah @Touch It @wish @minho@Not Like The Movies

On 3/16/2023 at 11:23 AM, Tom Vercetti said:

2AopB7c.png

Björk - Venus As A Boy (Lust): Not the strongest lust entry but lyrically it's slightly on theme. As a song it's decent. Never really been one of my faves. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Want You In My Room (Lust): It's very suggestive for sure lust wise. Good for her on that. Song wise I never got the appeal for this, sorry. 

Charli XCX - Drugs (Gluttony): Kinda wanna give u bonus points for not going the obvious route. I understand why you chose this for gluttony. Even though it doesn't completely focus on it, I still think it's a near perfect song. 

Christina Aguilera - Your Body (Lust): One of the best lust fits this round. Song wise it's def of its time. Not my go-to sound for her pretty much.  

Demi Lovato - Body Say (Lust): Why does she almost sound like Taylor Swift in the chorus :rip: Anyhow, it's a good lust fit. Song wise, not too shabby. 

FKA twigs - Hours (Lust): Sonically, this is the perfect lust fit. Breathy/sensual etc, like she's ready for it. Song wise it's great. 

Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter (Pride): Props for not going the lust route. The explanation did strengthen the theme aspect for me. I never heard this song until just now and it's one of her better standalone singles already. 

Shygirl - FREAK (Lust): I see based on the title what you were going for. Song wise it's one of the weaker songs on alias for me unfortunately. Middle-of-the-road type of impact. 

Solange - Mad (Wrath): Really appreciated your explanation and it honestly hit me since I understand where she's coming from. Def hits the sin in a special way compared to the rest. Song wise, it's very pleasant. 

no judge entry for me this time xx

NPrewYs.png 

RESULTS

Spoiler
On 3/16/2023 at 1:42 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 6th place...

with the average of 8.82

Reveal hidden contents

Carly Rae Jepsen with Want You In My Room for Lust!

@Staryu

congrats!!!

On 3/16/2023 at 1:45 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 5th place...

with the average of 8.98

Reveal hidden contents

FKA twigs with Hours for Lust!

@Touch It

congrats!!!

On 3/16/2023 at 1:50 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 4th place...

with the average of 9

Reveal hidden contents

Demi Lovato with Body Say for Lust!

@Noah

congrats!!!

On 3/16/2023 at 1:55 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 3rd place...

with the average of 9.1

Reveal hidden contents

Christina Aguilera with Your Body for Lust!

@Auburn

congrats!!!

On 3/16/2023 at 1:59 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 2rd place...

with the average of 9.2

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus with Mother's Daughter for Pride!

@wish

congrats!!!

On 3/16/2023 at 2:02 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 1st place...

with the average of 9.4

Reveal hidden contents

Solange with Mad for Wrath!

@Not Like The Movies

congrats!!! FINALLY YOUR FIRST WIN OMG.....

On 3/16/2023 at 2:07 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 8th place...and SINGING OFF

with the average of 8.26

Reveal hidden contents

Charli XCX with Drugs for Gluttony!

@Future Lover

good luck :emofish:

On 3/16/2023 at 2:13 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 7th place... and SAFE

with the average of 8.5

Reveal hidden contents

Björk with Venus As A Boy for Lust!

@CBC

congrats!!!

in 9th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 7.98

Reveal hidden contents

Shygirl with FREAK for Lust!

good luck in the shlut off! :emofish:

112?

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF ENTRIES

welcome to our ninth sing-off of the season where one of charli xcx or shygirl will sadly leave us after this.

the judges have watched what they performed for idk more than 24 hours and what they all said to me left me shook.

do you know what they said about this sing-off? they said that it was...

ru-paul-rpdr.gif

before we hear the verdict, let's see what they performed.

in the first one, please welcome Shygirl who performed Cleo!

Spoiler

let's finish it off with Charli XCX with a performance of Baby!

Spoiler

i'm so excited #StayTuned

Just now, Sanguine said:

I'm watching Eras Tour livestream but hi

illegal stream oh wow

Just now, Sanguine said:

I'm watching Eras Tour livestream but hi

swiftie! (derogatory meaning)

ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

hi eras tour livestream

is eras tour livestream with us

eras tour livestream is now being tracked by the FBI 

Oh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.