Kevin McCarthy elected Speaker of the House after 14 losses

slik

4 hours ago, Espresso said:

Fun fact: Going to third ballot or more for Speaker has only happened 11 times in US history.

3050ecb5315050fc1f246f2aff1ab789bc44bc52

Lmao they’re now going into the 4th ballot, 8 times in history :rip:

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Kassi

• Bears01

• suburbannature

4 hours ago, infrared said:

Democracy rotting as speak - republicans are only pushing more

right and won’t be satisfied until they get a racist homophobic evangelical on the pedestal 

Lol “democracy” was never in the US. “Now” it’s rotting to you delusional liberals... why couldn’t the so called “left” act like this in a United front against Pelosi? 

5 hours ago, infrared said:

Democracy rotting as speak - republicans are only pushing more

right and won’t be satisfied until they get a racist homophobic evangelical on the pedestal 

Kevin McCarthy being denied his dream job is an example of Democracy rotting? We don't even have democracy. We're literally ruled by oligarchic plutocrats that giggle with glee that they have healthcare and we don't. Bye :ahh: 

33 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Lol “democracy” was never in the US. “Now” it’s rotting to you delusional liberals... why couldn’t the so called “left” act like this in a United front against Pelosi? 

I’m not sure who you are - nor do I care - this knee deep analysis to a harmless comment, it’s really not that serious  :deadvision:

Edited by infrared

5 hours ago, Espresso said:

Fun fact: Going to third ballot or more for Speaker has only happened 11 times in US history.

Dianne Feinstein being just a decade off from living through the last time this happened :rip:

Horizon Flame
6 hours ago, Espresso said:

133rd. :rip:

Horizon Flame
1 hour ago, Gov Hooka said:

Why do you have two accounts on here?

43 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

:deadbanana4:

58 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Lmao I forgot the password to that account so long ago! 

6 hours ago, Communion said:

"133rd ballot" messy ******* who LIVE for drama. :skull:

well, that was mostly due to the fight over slavery so

13 hours ago, Communion said:

"133rd ballot" messy ******* who LIVE for drama. :skull:

i was jus gonna comment on this, i'm like 133 times they voted

what was goin down in Congress at dat time?

30 minutes ago, dabunique said:

i was jus gonna comment on this, i'm like 133 times they voted

what was goin down in Congress at dat time?

The civil war :rip:

Just now, Bears01 said:

The civil war :rip:

not yet but soon, i'm a history buff so im a look it up lol

At the conclusion of the longest and most contentious Speaker election in House history, the House elected Representative Nathaniel Banks of Massachusetts as its presiding officer for the 34th Congress (1855–1857). Sectional conflict over slavery and a rising anti-immigrant mood in the nation contributed to a poisoned and deteriorating political climate. As a sign of the factionalism then existing in the House, more than 21 individuals initially vied for the Speaker’s post when the Members first gathered in December, 1855. After two months and 133 ballots, the House finally chose Representative Banks by a vote of 103 to 100 over Representative William Aiken of South Carolina. Banks, a member of both the nativist American (or “Know-Nothing”) Party and the Free Soil Party, served a term as Speaker before Democrats won control of the chamber in the 35th Congress (1857–1859). Banks retired from the House to serve as governor of Massachusetts.

Not Donalds being nominated for Speaker after being the first one to defect from McCarthy's side :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: 

Already 7 votes against McCarthy now, lol.  And Fox News still reporting the votes as "McCarthy" (always on top btw, even when he's losing in numbers), "Jeffries," and "Others" :dies:

Edited by andresg770

And he loses AGAIN LOL

off to da fifth round y'all

9 minutes ago, andresg770 said:

Not Donalds being nominated for Speaker after being the first one to defect from McCarthy's side :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: 

Already 7 votes against McCarthy now, lol.  And Fox News still reporting the votes as "McCarthy" (always on top btw, even when he's losing in numbers), "Jeffries," and "Others" :dies:

:bibliahh::bibliahh:

does anyone kno how many votes he lost this round?

1 minute ago, dabunique said:

does anyone kno how many votes he lost this round?

FlpcBl9WQAA1kxj?format=jpg&name=large

God he’s such a loser. Why does he keep embarrassing himself like this, it’s not gonna happen, unless you cut a deal with Dems, which isn’t gonna happen 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.