K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

2 minutes ago, Axel. said:

in 45min.

Oop I keep forgetting our time changed today djhfhdhhdd. Breakdown cancelled.

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

IVE slayed but why was there nothing for Jisoo today. :jonny5:

For some reason, IVE is an hour off from the regular teaser times. If you are in the U.S. and celebrate daylight savings time, it feels like they’re still releasing at the same time as groups released back in winter 2022, but in reality they’re releasing about an hour earlier.

Excited for Ive tbh, like they have never disappoint since Eleven

Just now, Eternium said:

For some reason, IVE is an hour off from the regular teaser times. If you are in the U.S. and celebrate daylight savings time, it feels like they’re still releasing at the same time as groups released back in winter 2022, but in reality they’re releasing about an hour earlier.

I was used to 4 pm my time here cause it's been like that since they started teasing but our time changed today dhddhdhd.

4 minutes ago, Adama said:

YUJIN IS A SUCHHH A STARRR WEWWWW :jonnycat:! And I can feel Rei is going to end us with her pink hair and her rap 

But I swear if Wy and Leeseo get more lines than Liz again  :toofunny3:

We already know that WY and Rei will have at least one chorus. :ducky:

Usually j-idols are held back but SS for once did something right. Rei you will always be famous :gaycat5:

The song sounds like a bop but we already have LSRF for that kind of music don't we?:michael: It could back fire tbh, however IVE's 3 singles have been so different from each other musically that it is logical for them to keep releasing bop after bop without really focusing on a lane of their own. Maybe they are the Mamamoo of the 4th gen.

Btw, someone here mentioned Moonbyul as a vocal hole and I totally forgot to reply with this performance, so, daily reminder that Moonbyul can outsing all of the 4th gen sans the Bomb-Mixx and the AespFlop girls.

1 hour ago, Pinter said:

Newjeans days are numbered once smngg debut, if they decide to use that white foxes formula that mhj initially gave to aespa then they will be going head to head. 

This tactic is also similar to what sm has been doing to aespa to challenge blackpink. 

With kakao merger and mnet supporting, br ready for a birth of the true leader of 4th gen. 

Well if that’s anything to go by then NJ are good

the way sm has been marketing aespa always centering winrina has been lowkey tragic for their brand

like it says "here are the main events, and our diversity hires to appeal to the chinese + english speaker for the western market"

IVE's delivered again :gaycat1:I trust in starship at least single wise though but I'm very excited for the album because the 3 songs are already giving me everything :jonny5:

Now give me a ballad like the ones of Izone :giraffe: 

1 hour ago, Pinter said:

Newjeans days are numbered once smngg debut, if they decide to use that white foxes formula that mhj initially gave to aespa then they will be going head to head. 

This tactic is also similar to what sm has been doing to aespa to challenge blackpink. 

With kakao merger and mnet supporting, br ready for a birth of the true leader of 4th gen. 

Does Mnet have the same influence now?

What will set Baby Monster apart from BLACKPINK from a marketing perspective? Like, underage badass girls? Is that meant to really sell? I mean I love BLACKPINK to bits and if they're anything like BP I'd love it but outside of being a YG group, I find it hard to think BLACKPINK rehash with more members would prove feasible long term especially with BLACKPINK still being the biggest group in the game right now globally with BTS under hiatus and its unspoken but clear they're resigning.

On another semi related topic of new generation girlies, I can really see NewJeans leading the next wave of K-pop by finally cracking public recognition globally. I can see HYBE planning a whole global takeover for the girls. I mean the return on investment historically is already there, 6 songs and they're nearing 1B already on Spotify alone :jonny5: BTS and BLACKPINK, for how massive their bases are, are still relatively inert in the public recognition sphere, people know what K-pop is but will hardly be able to attach face to name and brand. NewJeans might just crack that code. NJ1 will break massive records I tell you, the K-pop general fanbase will be perched from all sides and so will the Bunnies. Geffen will probably push the f*ck out of them stateside and HYBE will have their payola machine up and running full steam. OMG is literally Top 10 fastest growing songs release in 2023 so far on Spotify Global its insane, its still Top 40 Global and its been 3 months :wanda: OMG 2.0 would break records fr that song is crack! Also has anyone noticed NewJeans has a distinct lack of a rapper? All of them sing-talk at best, there's no unnecessary rap breakdown, just good pop-r&b melodies straight through and strong trap-pop instrumentals.

Stream SOTY 2023!

The way you girls were so wrong about NMIXX and now they’re having the last laugh. The talent is insane and they’re doing what no other fourth gen is doing (choreo AND vocals). We have no choice but to STAN :jonny5: 

1 hour ago, K$Ellie said:

like i’m convinced blinks just live vicariously through them and their success bc what are they getting out of it, bragging rights on a forum? it’s always about the sales and never the music :zzz:

I said that in one of the previous kpop threads and got absolutely decimated for it so be careful 😅 

47 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

:jonny:

I'm ready to pop my ***** to this when it drops :jonny5:

GAEUL IS SUCH A STAR WHEW CENTER WORTHY ICON :jonny5:WONYOUNG THE WOMAN THAT YOU ARE. I assure you she would not be as hated as she is now had she not been shoved as hard as she was, IVE has so many icon worthy members :wanda: