• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Companion said:

Just cancel the whole group already. If I was YG i would debut 23-26 year old idols with full mature cunty/hip hop concept. It would be a really unique strategy for the industry and they would have their own leauge without competing other 4th gen groups.

the thing is, YG's plan was probably to discard BP and make a group that was pretty much another girl crush YG GG 2.0, but BP became too big and with the company losing all the power they once had, they had no choice but to do everything they could to keep BP there. if YGly tried to pull a 2NE1 on them, saying 4 of these girls are the new BP but with vocals, he knows damn well he would've been eaten alive by blinks...

so now he had to come up with something else, and probably all the older trainees ran after the BS scandal, a lot of potential stars went to HYBE, so all he had left was literal children to debut... and you can tell from those teasers that any creativity has left the building as well

baboonphone.gif

12 minutes ago, hindsight said:

but Lia drags aside, I think the problem with ITZY is that JYP didn't let them mature as soon as they finished their Dalla - ICY - Wannabe trilogy...

if they wanted to drop that sound that was very unique to them, then he should've turned them into a group like LSRF sound and concept-wise... doing cringey tryhard and then childish kids bop'd stuff just made them look very uncool 

baboonphone.gif

them dropping their hard-hitting and interesting choreos was a bigger mistake tbh

it was literally their brand :skull:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Companion said:

My toughts exactly. Lesserafim doing what Itzy needed to do. I think they are also feel super devastated when their idols friend having the super cool concepts and successfull on the charts

Also it might be a jyp thing to keep the artists as a family friendly idols that are conservative and not too risky.

we were all saying Antifragile could've been an ITZY title track, Unforgiven too... and they would kill it performance wise as well, even tho LSRF are just as good as performers 

it's just that their image sucks now... they seem like a parody of themselves

baboonphone.gif

3 minutes ago, hindsight said:

the thing is, YG's plan was probably to discard BP and make a group that was pretty much another girl crush YG GG 2.0, but BP became too big and with the company losing all the power they once had, they had no choice but to do everything they could to keep BP there. if YGly tried to pull a 2NE1 on them, saying 4 of these girls are the new BP but with vocals, he knows damn well he would've been eaten alive by blinks...

baboonphone.gif

I wish they made it just for the kiis 

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

them dropping their hard-hitting and interesting choreos was a bigger mistake tbh

it was literally their brand :skull:

They should find a way to make their choreos still interesting but less taxing... the girls were struggling with that, right? 

Jonestly, I feel sorry for them, we drag YG but JYP has been struggling to do their GGs justice for a while now. TWICE are the only ones getting it right from time to time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Companion said:

I wish they made it just for the kiis 

he knows that being behind bars would be less dangerous than doing that... he don't want the lalizards and jennietals on the same side with a target on his back, that's suicide

1 minute ago, hindsight said:

They should find a way to make their choreos still interesting but less taxing... the girls were struggling with that, right? 

Jonestly, I feel sorry for them, we drag YG but JYP has been struggling to do their GGs justice for a while now. TWICE are the only ones getting it right from time to time. 

yeah IIRC they had several injuries

but like you said they should’ve had interesting choreos at least

i feel like it’s too late to recover now nnnnn

i’m still wishing the best for the girls though

• Like 1

and what YGly did to 2NE1 was vile, I hope they can find some solace knowing that he couldn't do that again because we all know he would...

baboonphone.gif

1 hour ago, hindsight said:

maybe ITZY would be doing better if JYP had kicked Lia out, gave them some vocals lessons and good music

they are still gorgeous and great performers but everything else is dragging them down

baboonphone.gif

I actually wonder if any of those companies offers vocal training after they debut. 

And if they do, will the idols actually take it or they are busy being models.

baboonphone.gif

7 hours ago, supertiffany said:

sis even Blackpink crumbs are bigger than other girl groups

them picking the dusts of Blackpink is expected, the hype is with them

so i dont get why YG held Ahyeon off, it's not like her scandal is that damaging 

He didn’t, she’s on hiatus for health reasons. She was YG’s number #1 draft pick. Do you think YG wanted Ahyeon to miss this debut?

He already explained in a statement that he wanted her to debut with all the girls, but he put her health first and tbh it was the right move to make

some of Ahyeon’s solo stans are already saying he’s sabotaging her. Like for what reason? She’s the face of the group. Tbh it’s very selfish of some of her solo stans to disregard her health for the sake of debut.

i actually applaud YG for this could be could’ve thrown her out there and just let her deal with it, but the best decision was made to have her sit out until she gets better. Some companies send their idols out with broken damn bones and that’s so weird to me

1 hour ago, Mattheo said:

will jyp bounce back is the real question

When was the last time they got a big hit in KR?

I don't know if Love Me Like This counts since they longevity was quite poor.

baboonphone.gif

1 hour ago, hindsight said:

maybe ITZY would be doing better if JYP had kicked Lia out, gave them some vocals lessons and good music

This is the big problem. They have been releasing straight up garbage. It's such a shame because the girls are likeable and are true performers... idk why JYP keeps giving them SHITE.

They’re already eating first day on the job :clap3:5th gen leaders :flame:

Edited by Mel.
  • Confused 3

A pop boy hasn't released a song this good since 2021 I fear. I love how hard Kook stans!

PPV2G67FRRABRMJTSJBFSSZPPY.jpg

• Like 2

JYP's ultimate fumble was not pushing Yuna as the 4th gen Seolhyun especially after that fancam went viral. I'd be pissed if I was her and had two viral fancams just for JYP to fumble my popularity not once but TWICE

baboonphone.gif

Kinda feel bad whenever I see one of the members snag a magazine shoot or something cause the ship has clearly sailed :toofunny3: 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Companion said:

Just cancel the whole group already. If I was YG i would debut 23-26 year old idols with full mature cunty/hip hop concept. It would be a really unique strategy for the industry and they would have their own leauge without competing other 4th gen groups.

blackpink re debut let’s go 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

I don't know

But we rarely know about Jisung's idol friends. He's second I'm aware of after Shotaro 

spacer.png

Oh we love Shotaro

spacer.png

If Baemon was rushed out in 2018 before produce 48 it probably would have been something like this:

Moon Sua

Youha

Roya

Seoyeon

Denise

Ireh

Chaerin

idk this line up would have ate; poor fromis_9, Purple Kiss, Billlie would be TBD but I see the vision

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

You simply had to be there

This was right at the start of lockdown so I think we were all there whether we wanted to be or not.

Song was a STRAIGHT BOP

Le Ssakurafim is definitely bigger than IVE globally

and they're equally popular too (minus Eunchae) unlike Wonyoung and friends's group...