K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 minute ago, hindsight said:

BAEMON not even getting a cool video like Whistle... they're going 4th gen'd Boombayah but worse 

baboonphone.gif

Boombayah sweetie

1FA.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Companion said:

Its definetely somewhere in the top 45

:suburban:

Being among the top 45 most recognized Kpop songs is a huge thing though? :clap3:

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

Being among the top 45 most recognized Kpop songs is a huge thing though? :clap3:

I meant only in the 4th gen songs lol. But I am rooting for them tough. They deserve a Gidle type of comeback without losing a member :rip:

but yeah it is giving BP clone right after DDDD smashed and every company decided it was a good idea to make young girls try to replicate their style without the charisma and the money....  

baboonphone.gif

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

You simply had to be there

Btw I know I dragged them lot but this song is the song made me a kpop and itzy fan. Probably my most listened kpop song but after the new 4th gen groups the competition and quality of the songs/concepts became wild.

2 minutes ago, Companion said:

I meant only in the 4th gen songs lol. But I am rooting for them tough. They deserve a Gidle type of comeback without losing a member :rip:

Wannabe is literally still the most viewed 4th gen song on YouTube, and used to be the most streamed 4th gen song on Spotify until recently :hoetenks:

Edited by Pluto2022

17 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Still not... I think.... I AM has more yt streams than any LSRF song this year, and more Spotify streams as well than any LSRF song released this year.... Idk, someone should do the math, but they probably also outstreamed them overall as well.

baboonphone.gif

I AM is bigger than all LSRF releases this year (except perfect night)

but overall LSRF is bigger and more global IMO

both queens though :heart2:

• Like 1

but I think this will probably sound more like Pretty Savage... if it's gonna be good idk because at lot of people tried to do the TEDDYprint but failed

baboonphone.gif

8 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Gotta admit that all the new song versions where they replaced Garam's singing SUCK.

baboonphone.gif

yes:dies: i can't listen to the new versions, like Garam is so needed in these few songs:rip:

Just now, hindsight said:

it was fun YG noise but it also was... YG noise

baboonphone.gif

*fun* YG noise exactly!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Wannabe is literally still the most viewed 4th gen song on YouTube, and used to be the most streamed 4th gen song on Spotify until recently :hoetenks:

I just found 6 4th gen songs had more streams. But I agree about wannabes international success i am not saying it was a flop.

Just now, Companion said:

I just found 6 4th gen songs had more streams. But I agree about wannabes international success i am not saying it was a flop.

5 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

used to be the most streamed 4th gen song on Spotify until recently

:heart:

having this many members when YG GGs usually have a very clear role and are known individually is a choice

and everyone knows that even numbered groups are ugly to look at, they should kick another girl if that mini Jennie leaves for real

baboonphone.gif

• Like 2

itzy deserved SO much better

JYP & Division 2 really suck

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Flomik said:

*fun* YG noise exactly!

we need Ajay to react to their full discography, I know she would stan BBY, Whistle, DDDD, FY, KTL, Kick It, etc

baboonphone.gif

maybe ITZY would be doing better if JYP had kicked Lia out, gave them some vocals lessons and good music

they are still gorgeous and great performers but everything else is dragging them down

baboonphone.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, hindsight said:

having this many members when YG GGs usually have a very clear role and are known individually is a choice

and everyone knows that even numbered groups are ugly to look at, they should kick another girl if that mini Jennie leaves for real

baboonphone.gif

Just cancel the whole group already. If I was YG i would debut 23-26 year old idols with full mature cunty/hip hop concept. It would be a really unique strategy for the industry and they would have their own leauge without competing other 4th gen groups.

I don't get The New Jeans- LSFM comparison the songs sounds exactly what Fifty Fifty would have release in some album 

3 minutes ago, hindsight said:

maybe ITZY would be doing better if JYP had kicked Lia out, gave them some vocals lessons and good music

they are still gorgeous and great performers but everything else is dragging them down

baboonphone.gif

:khalyan2:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

but Lia drags aside, I think the problem with ITZY is that JYP didn't let them mature as soon as they finished their Dalla - ICY - Wannabe trilogy...

if they wanted to drop that sound that was very unique to them, then he should've turned them into a group like LSRF sound and concept-wise... doing cringey tryhard and then childish kids bop'd stuff just made them look very uncool 

baboonphone.gif

Edited by hindsight
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, hindsight said:

but Lia drags aside, I think the problem with ITZY is that JYP didn't let them mature as soon as they finished their Dalla - ICY - Wannabe trilogy...

if they wanted to drop that sound that was very unique to them, then he should've turned them into a group like LSRF sound and concept-wise... doing cringey tryhard and then childish kids bop'd stuff just made them look very uncool 

baboonphone.gif

My toughts exactly. Lesserafim doing what Itzy needed to do. I think they are also feel super devastated when their idols friend having the super cool concepts and successfull on the charts

Also it might be a jyp thing to keep the artists as a family friendly idols that are conservative and not too risky.

Edited by Companion