K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

The fact this all started because the double standard people have between aespa and IVE was pointed out :emofish:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda fuming cause this era is IVE's first letdown for me. Both songs aren't bad, they just sound like cute bsides and even their album had better ones. I hope Baddie saves it but the release strategy is such a mess too. 

Oh well, at least they still have AOTY. 

:clack:

I'm all for groups trying different sounds but their formula was perfect (so KPOP) and it was too soon to start serving bedroom snoozes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, katyberry said:

Again, you are acting as if I created this rule! :biblio: It's literally what multiple users in here put into action last year 

aespa's "flops" that left them "totally irrelevant" were actually in the top 10. Idk what's so hard to understand for that user when they're the ones who came up with these unrealistic standards.

The reality is KTRL's darlings right now  are kinda underperforming and the supposedly fads had just wrapped up the biggest and most attended tour for a 4th Gen so far.

There is no shame to admit that.

And that's the biggest take away I have for today.

giphy.gif

Just now, IvyTower said:

No one said their concept was directly “stolen” except bitter fans on twitter. But I personally see their similarities, you don’t have to agree. I’m more saying that nothing is created in a vacuum and of course new groups will draw from their predecessors.  I love aespa and am a sheep; apologies for my poor wording!  :gaycat5:

Can I ask what exactly is similar between them? This is a genuine question btw cause one lore is high budget and thought out years in advance (2015) meanwhile the other is 95% carried by just fan theory :heart:

5 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Don't forget when my mothers TWICE smashed with S*gnal :deadbanana4: The fact that it won SOTY at MAMA as well :rip:

As you said, it has nothing to do with boy groups releasing bad music, but the fact that the GP simply doesn't care about bgs most of the time. But with ggs destroying bgs in digitals it kinda balances it out, since bgs are destroying them in sales. Though they are pretty much even in touring and streams

they were so heinous for this song, it makes them almost deserve all the fumes that come from Buttstink stans

almost.

UsrOgJP.gif

The victim complex as if the sheep aren’t the ones to always start a fight  

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I swear if that user says "geek culture" or brings up how much of a geek he is one more time, like we got it the first time 3 times

giphy.gif

somebody is really insecure about being @Odette Violet's fellow kpop dweeb. None of us are cool or normal even by Korean standards pack it up.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

if I don't see a pic of Lee Knowles holding today's newspaper for proof of wellness I'm gonna call the fuckin police

UsrOgJP.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The fact we have such incredible girl groups out right now that are smashing so hard we can’t help but fight: oprah_hello_lets_celebrate_that.gif

• Like 2

What we're NOT gonna do today is pit Loonaverse and SMCU against each other

giphy.gif

Just now, Century said:

somebody is really insecure about being @Odette Violet's fellow kpop dweeb. None of us are cool or normal even by Korean standards pack it up.

giphy.gif

I put them on mute. I really couldn't careless about them, they are irrelevant to me

But I guess thanks for the attention?

giphy.gif

jyp follows trends the most it seems

as twice is their answer to SNSD

ITZY their answer to blackpink

and NMIXX their answer to aespa

maybe VCHA will break this cycle

2 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

The victim complex as if the sheep aren’t the ones to always start a fight  

spacer.png

You started it months ago, it's your fault that your own stupidity came back to bite. Let's not forget that Girls and Next Level were barely over a year apart too.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

The reality is KTRL's darlings right now  are kinda underperforming and the supposedly fads had just wrapped up the biggest and most attended tour for a 4th Gen so far.

There is no shame to admit that.

And that's the biggest take away I have for today.

giphy.gif

NewJeans are smashing tho 

6 minutes ago, katyberry said:

Can I ask what exactly is similar between them? This is a genuine question btw cause one lore is high budget and thought out years in advance (2015) meanwhile the other is 95% carried by just fan theory :heart:

Educate me, queen :jonnycat:

In general girl groups weren’t really doing lore though the actual lore is different. I’m not familiar with LOONAs lore but knew it was a big point of interest for their fandom and helped them in expanding. Interestingly,  the rise of lore was predicted in general across different types of products and brands by analysts before COVID started, it’s a natural progression and aespa has killed it with their movies. EXO really tried to do lore first but the GP said no :monkey:

Edited by IvyTower
  • Like 1

Just now, ItsJustMe. said:

jyp follows trends the most it seems

as twice is their answer to SNSD

ITZY their answer to blackpink

and NMIXX their answer to aespa

maybe VCHA will break this cycle

VCHA is their answer to JoJo Siwa's kids bops too

• Haha 1

Just now, Mitsuki said:

spacer.png

Their best song after Hype Boy, I've had this on loop all day today :clap3:Your other faves did their thing I fear

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Odette Violet said:

IVE are KTRL darlings along with NJ doesn't matter if they are underperforming or getting hits, gheys will praise them to high heavens.

But not too much on Miss Strawberry and friends. They'll get back on track in no time. 

The Color Game 8 UwU | .......AND THE WINNER IS ????? - Page 270 - Games -  ATRL

3 minutes ago, DelRey said:

NewJeans are smashing tho 

I'm talking about the other one

The Color Game 8 UwU | .......AND THE WINNER IS ????? - Page 270 - Games -  ATRL

2 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

spacer.png

4th gen leaders:clap3:

giphy.gif

Edited by TheCal
  • Like 1

The hatred toward IVE and NewJeans right now feels so personal plus the fact that it’s from new users shocks me This has to be some evil foreplay :eli: