K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

contrIVEd stans still arguing in here hours later. in 5 years their only musical legacy will be bagging hits with samples of better songs and riding trends. T-ARAs cousins have their reign ending, but using Rina Sawayama's cowriters might bag them another hit (Baddie or whatever its called).  

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

contrIVEd 

a cackle

Kpop's obsession over the declining murika needs to end now

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

contrIVEd stans still arguing in here hours later. in 5 years their only musical legacy will be bagging hits with samples of better songs and riding trends. T-ARAs cousins have their reign ending, but using Rina Sawayama's cowriters might bag them another hit (Baddie or whatever its called).  

giphy.gif

So IVE who have more bigger hits than Aespa will not have musical legacy but somehow Aespa will :toofunny3: ? 

• Haha 3

KOREA, JAPAN, CHINA and SEA should be the #1 priorities cause once that  hype died down. Who else will give you a career? 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Adama said:

So IVE who have more bigger hits than Aespa will not have musical legacy but somehow Aespa will :toofunny3: ? 

So T-ARA who have more bigger hits than SNSD will not have a musical legacy but somehow SNSD will :toofunny3: ? -somebody on soompi in 2011 probably

Just now, Adama said:

T-Ara had several bigger hits at points than SNSD/2NE1/WG and you don't see them mentioned here outside of a little petty stan war. Hits dont equal impact. Madonna is the biggest female artist of all time and hasn't had a massive hit worldwide in 30 years. Nice job trying it tho. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Not More NCT?:deadbanana4: SM never learns

ENOUGH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lgaga1fan said:

T-Ara had several bigger hits at points than SNSD/2NE1/WG and you don't see them mentioned here outside of a little petty stan war. Hits dont equal impact. Madonna is the biggest female artist of all time and hasn't had a massive hit worldwide in 30 years. Nice job trying it tho. 

giphy.gif

NOT OUR SHARED BRAINCELL LDFKJGDHFLK

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Century said:

So T-ARA who have more bigger hits than SNSD will not have a musical legacy but somehow SNSD will :toofunny3: ? -somebody on soompi in 2011 probably

Just now, lgaga1fan said:

giphy.gif

Yall seriously really not comparing Aespa to SNSD :bibliahh:

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Let's set the score once and for all:

Sales:

1. aespa
  2. IVE
  3. NewJeans

Circle total

1. NewJeans - 5.05M (3 albums)

2. Aespa - 4.78M (3 albums)

3. IVE - 4.8M (4 albums) 

hope this helps in some way 

8 minutes ago, Adama said:

The point went right over your head. aespa has already had an enormous impact and influence and left the biggest mark on the culture out of their entire generation. Even their "flop" era dominated kpop discussion not just on here but everywhere around the world. Metaverse/ai groups are now a thing, alternate universes with their own lore are now a thing, JYP heard Next Level a single time and decided to make an entire group concept based on it. Everything they do is huge because they're LEADERS. They set the trends and dictate the culture.

SHINee were never the biggest chart toppers but ruled 2nd gen with an iron fist and now that the dust from that generation has settled they're winning the legacy game alongside Big Bang.

Edited by Century
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Adama said:

JYP A&R's immediate reaction to Next Level's success made them rush out a girl group where the main concept was making songs that switch up halfway and it backfired horribly. Just because your perception of popularity relies on being entirely numerical doesn't mean that aespa haven't had an observable impact on the industry they work in and have other groups and companies chasing after the same success. 

Edited by lgaga1fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

29 minutes ago, Adama said:

It’s always the SM stan who always accuses groups who are performing better than their faves of « sajaegi » :toofunny3:

Please, not when 90% of the thread was lining up to call aespa "fraud" when they got 1 million pre-orders last year.

I should know, I had to multiquote it all when the sales did actually come true  :dies: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I agree with sheeps :clap3: tour and physicals sales are what matter 
I hope they can understand now why SM  push NCT more than any female act 

giphy.gif

The constant labeling of sheeps when I could really give less of a **** about Red Velvet and other SM groups touring prospects is so funny. Stanning one group apparently means I have to buy stock in the other groups like its a Costco warehouse. Apparently we can't have opinions on obvious market manipulation and underdevloped, unseasoned single releases unless we christen ourselves on the steps of SM Entertainment.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lily42 said:

Circle total

1. NewJeans - 5.05M (3 albums)

2. Aespa - 4.78M (3 albums)

3. IVE - 4.8M (4 albums) 

hope this helps in some way 

Thanks, I didn't look at total numbers, but more so if they were to release an album on the spot,  and who had the highest selling album this year etc.  if you get what I mean. 

aespa surpassed 2M sales with 1 album this year, but yeah I should've switched NewJeans and IVE. Let me edit my post

couple.thumb.gif.2762b6dc3b2158ad7962803

1 minute ago, Zack said:

Please, not when 90% of the thread was lining up to call aespa "fraud" when they got 1 million pre-orders last year.

I should know, I had to multiquote it all when the sales did actually come true  :dies: 

The moment I got back on lurking KTRL, that was the first post I immediately saw here :lmao:

The bookmarkings and multiquotes was an event. The way I choked

Maybe you should do it again for the kiis

Lady Gaga - Page 2086 - Base - ATRL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

giphy.gif

You were so close to spilling but you forgot that even SM openly admits aespa is their main act now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

giphy.gif

It only took NCT over 30 trainees, several full albums, and 5 years of investments. A whole generation passed before they became profitable. 

spacer.png

• Haha 12

4 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

The constant labeling of sheeps when I could really give less of a **** about Red Velvet and other SM groups touring prospects is so funny. Stanning one group apparently means I have to buy stock in the other groups like its a Costco warehouse. Apparently we can't have opinions on obvious market manipulation and underdevloped, unseasoned single releases unless we christen ourselves on the steps of SM Entertainment.

giphy.gif

I'm still dragging your ass to the red velvet tour though so ntfm

giphy.gif

jini debut single out this wednesday

don’t forget to tune in ktrl

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Century said:

You were so close to spilling but you forgot that even SM openly admits aespa is their main act now.

and SM will make 10 comebacks of NCT per year meanwhile sheeps here will cry screaming they hate Red Velvet or Aespa 
giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Rhyme said:

It only took NCT over 30 trainees, several full albums, and 5 years of investments. A whole generation passed before they became profitable. 

spacer.png

And worked 
profitable kings 

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

Just now, hallucinate said:

jini debut single out this wednesday

don’t forget to tune in ktrl

spacer.png

the way you already spent the opportunity to have her name in the thread title tho

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, dlwlrma said:

and SM will make 10 comebacks of NCT per year meanwhile sheeps here will cry screaming they hate Red Velvet or Aespa 
giphy.gif

We had a VERY messy drought during SM's messy breakup era but SM had to keep funding these NCT comebacks somehow so now we get aespa content so fast it's hard to keep up with.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1