K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, Odette Violet said:

Goddesses. Doesn't matter what continent they're in, they're allergic to not serving 

@Queenyoncee @Gorjesspazze9 back to back visuals we got lately 

YA] 150712 Check Yoona gif

I just fell down my stairs again :jonnycat:

• Like 1

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see:

Dumb Dumb was Red

Peakaboo was between Red and Velvet

Lettuce pray they'll serve full Velvet this time for their 3rd album :worship2:

2 hours ago, FACT said:

I’m thinking Manon, Samara, Ezrela, Daniela, Lexie(If she survives this round) and one of E/SE Asian girls 

spacer.png

Can not feel what people see in Manon. Mid singing, average dancing and no stage presence at all. International fans are so funny, they call out netizens for favoring the pretty but talenless korean member on a show and then they do the exact same

spacer.png

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Xalric said:

I guess you've never watch any NMIXX social media then. These girls are something... 

Lily is this close to get into a controversy.

Ooh can you spill some more tea with examples? What kind of stuff are they doing?

NMIXX is such a weird group in a weird space right now. If it weren't for JYP's payola I think they honestly would be hardcore flopping right now in album sales/digitals etc. I liked Love Me Like This and thought that would be their new sound but then they suddenly switched. It's was all very weird.

But their dynamics are really weird too and everything with Jini.....it's all weird.

3 hours ago, Zack said:

They deserved more credit for this! 

I am really happy they are slowly getting the recognition they deserve. 

Also this cat & mouse stage is flawless. Gabi really shined this time.

And I do think Blackswan is a huge factor that korean companies finally allowing international trainess and creating shows for the global girl groups.

Edited by Companion
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Let's see:

Dumb Dumb was Red

Peakaboo was between Red and Velvet

Lettuce pray they'll serve full Velvet this time for their 3rd album :worship2:

Peek-A-Boo was a Velvet release. 

Aside from the sound, the Red releases are normally easily identified since they usually incorporate their official member colors into the concept/staging somehow.

With Dumb Dumb it was the snap bracelets. Russian Roulette the earrings, Red Flavor the fruits, Umpah Umpah the gingham dresses etc...

3 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Ooh can you spill some more tea with examples? What kind of stuff are they doing?

NMIXX is such a weird group in a weird space right now. If it weren't for JYP's payola I think they honestly would be hardcore flopping right now in album sales/digitals etc. I liked Love Me Like This and thought that would be their new sound but then they suddenly switched. It's was all very weird.

But their dynamics are really weird too and everything with Jini.....it's all weird.

Lately JYP just dont know what to do at all. All of their creative desicions are questionable. They can't keep up with the date and the trends. They can not make good song for their groups and it affects the idols a lot. Itzy seems depressed and unmotivated last 3 comebacks, luckily for NMixx they havent taste the success for once so flopping might not affect them as hard. Also KPOP fans seems really harsh these days. Once is a group popularity is over or didnt meet the expetations fans switch to another group. Both itzy and nmixx played a lot of cards so I am really not sure if they can save theirselves at this point.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Lily is carrying their enitre brand tbh

Without her personality they would be even more irrelevant. Quite a pity because the talent is there and the music slaps

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Companion said:

I am really happy they are slowly getting the recognition they deserve. 

Also this cat & mouse stage is flawless. Gabi really shined this time.

And I do think Blackswan is a huge factor that korean companies finally allowing international trainess and creating shows for the global girl groups.

I think for once DR actually did something right by finding a good balance of members and skills.

Plus despite having all foreign members, they can all speak some level of Korean though Fatou and Sriya are the best at it. And they all speak English, plus several other global languages. They can really connect with so many audiences. 

I really wish DR would partner with another (bigger/better) label for this group because they really have the potential.

8 hours ago, breadcrumbs said:

giphy.gif

Heeseung carries so much natural sex appeal and charisma when performing. Jay, Jake, Sunghoon do too. 

5 hours ago, Taeyong said:

F7HyzNLaQAAfgX8.png?ex=6516ec7a&is=65159

Poor Taeil. Why couldn't it have been Johnny

4 hours ago, DelRey said:

Life is so unfair :'( Johnny will always be in the group because he is american, we really lost :'(

Y'all what's this Johnny hate going on? The man is sexy, a stan attractor, and funny. Also he does sexy spoken word poetry in songs and that's  enough :fish2:

2 hours ago, Joseline said:

That is actually kind of sad. We need a boy group revival immediately.

46 minutes ago, Companion said:

Can not feel what people see in Manon. Mid singing, average dancing and no stage presence at all. International fans are so funny, they call out netizens for favoring the pretty but talenless korean member on a show and then they do the exact same

spacer.png

Oh you are asking 

When I see her She is very Victoria Beckham coded She is very posh She has the superstar power She is the next IT girl She doesn’t need Hybe Hybe need HER It’s Herstory 

spacer.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Y'all what's this Johnny hate going on? The man is sexy, a stan attractor, and funny. Also he does sexy spoken word poetry in songs and that's  enough :fish2:

He is funny but talentless, he is just not a good singer, dancer or rapper.

Also he butchering Sungchan rap in Misfit deserves jail imo. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Lily is carrying their enitre brand tbh

Without her personality they would be even more irrelevant. Quite a pity because the talent is there and the music slaps

the caption in the tweet is sending me cause i feel like JYP is aware and allows her to act this way on purpose nnnn

55 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Yunjin said she wanted to change the Kpop industry but isn't Lisa already doing that? :coffee2:

actions speak louder than words. yunjin isnt changing anything.

garam changed the industry more tbh. probably had all these companies start doing harder background checks before signing on idols :chick1:

Edited by Asscatchem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, New Edition said:

IMO JYP as a company is lost when it comes to their girlgroups nowadays

Twice is established so they are not that affected by it and Itzy… no need to explain

NMIXX’s situation is worse overall cause they just debuted last year

edit: also idk why JYP rushed their debut like it was literally 10 days after itzy’s 3rd anniversary :deadbanana:

itzy and twice had like 3.5 year between them & twice was the company’s only active gg at the time

Edited by hallucinate

1 hour ago, Companion said:

Lately JYP just dont know what to do at all. All of their creative desicions are questionable. They can't keep up with the date and the trends. They can not make good song for their groups and it affects the idols a lot. Itzy seems depressed and unmotivated last 3 comebacks, luckily for NMixx they havent taste the success for once so flopping might not affect them as hard. Also KPOP fans seems really harsh these days. Once is a group popularity is over or didnt meet the expetations fans switch to another group. Both itzy and nmixx played a lot of cards so I am really not sure if they can save theirselves at this point.

That's a real piping hot tea. I truly feel like Itzy peaked with their debut trilogy and the Wannabe era just everything worked. JYPE are very lucky to have Twice and Stray Kids paying the bills for now. 2025 would be the crucial year for JYPE when both groups are up for contract renewal so they better step up their marketing and A&R game for every division especially Division 2 (Itzy and former Got7 division) cause honestly whatever Itzy and Nmixx they get right now are NOT IT 

Edited by discreetinside

40 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Is the sexy in the room with us :gaycat6:

17 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

IMO JYP as a company is lost when it comes to their girlgroups nowadays

Twice is established so they are not that affected by it and Itzy… no need to explain

NMIXX’s situation is worse overall cause they just debuted last year

edit: also idk why JYP rushed their debut like it was literally 10 days after itzy’s 3rd anniversary :deadbanana:

itzy and twice had like 3.5 year between them & twice was the company’s only active gg at the time

JYP isnt concerned with juggernaut debuts like newjeans, theyre playing the long game with vcha, nmixx and itzy :bird:

look at twice. korea abandoned them and their streak "died" yet their stadium touring WW and still selling monstruously

jyp believes their artists will just keep getting better and growing so they get a lot of comebacks and releases. the company doesnt do calculated hype campaigns like blackpink

theyre focused on feeding.

Edited by Asscatchem