K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

44 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Their major market is Korea and the rest of the world.

From the beginning XGALX (well it had a whole different name before AVEX investment, XG STUDIOS) and Simon (the CEO) of their company not the parent one (AVEX) was supposed to do a Kpop Global group, which is why the girls are basically mostly living in Korea and spends most of the year there, and have all of their videos where they speak Korean (instead of Japanese). 

It's because Simon, knows the Kpop world through and through, as he was an idol and a producer later. Which is why their trainee days, they were at YG and YGX (when you think of their project, think of Yuehua and UNIQ).

The fact that AVEX when debuted the president said: 

Just because we are working with Korean producers don’t mean the group is working with a Korean label. Everyone is Japanese. It isn’t like K-Pop. It’s more like American. I am emphatically saying everyone is Japanese. We worked with Korean producers, but we just used Korean producers. All rights belong to Avex. Why do we have to lose to Koreans? The Japanese can do it also. Even Koreans sent a singer like BoA to Japan to mimic us. Since we were on the losing side, we asked to work with Korean producers, and we did it.

Which created a whole backlash on the group, since literally on their bio, the origin place of XG is cited as South Korea.

Thank you for these info.

The girls training at YG explains why YG had to clarify the situation regarding them not being their new GG last year... I read what Max Matsuura said some months ago, I do wonder if there was some plan between avex and YG to make a group together back when YG's Japanese releases were distributed by avex.

Truth is that avex is swimming in good waters nowadays, and as a huge fan of J-Pop I feel so sorry about it. The label can't even promote and take care of legends like Koda Kumi properly now. XG having such an incredible budget and quality definitely made surprised.

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Their major market is Korea and the rest of the world.

From the beginning XGALX (well it had a whole different name before AVEX investment, XG STUDIOS) and Simon (the CEO) of their company not the parent one (AVEX) was supposed to do a Kpop Global group, which is why the girls are basically mostly living in Korea and spends most of the year there, and have all of their videos where they speak Korean (instead of Japanese). 

It's because Simon, knows the Kpop world through and through, as he was an idol and a producer later. Which is why their trainee days, they were at YG and YGX (when you think of their project, think of Yuehua and UNIQ).

The fact that AVEX when debuted the president said: 

Just because we are working with Korean producers don’t mean the group is working with a Korean label. Everyone is Japanese. It isn’t like K-Pop. It’s more like American. I am emphatically saying everyone is Japanese. We worked with Korean producers, but we just used Korean producers. All rights belong to Avex. Why do we have to lose to Koreans? The Japanese can do it also. Even Koreans sent a singer like BoA to Japan to mimic us. Since we were on the losing side, we asked to work with Korean producers, and we did it.

Which created a whole backlash on the group, since literally on their bio, the origin place of XG is cited as South Korea.

Thank you for these info.

The girls training at YG explains why YG had to clarify the situation regarding them not being their new GG last year... I read what Max Matsuura said some months ago, I do wonder if there was some plan between avex and YG to make a group together back when YG's Japanese releases were distributed by avex.

Truth is that avex is not swimming in good waters nowadays, and as a huge fan of J-Pop I feel so sorry about it. The label can't even promote and take care of legends like Koda Kumi properly now. XG having such an incredible budget and quality definitely made surprised.

Edited by ZENO

And when they announce they renewed and everything was just noise marketing to scare people... or make some bitter souls happy for a while. Depending on the point of view

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I wonder how many years is their new contract

spacer.png

3 years I guess 

Congrats BLINKs :heart2: 

Spoiler

So.. what other 3rd gen group is next for the contract block?

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, katyberry said:

C’mon æctresses :yum:

The thread will say their copying a certain group bc flannel and eye glasses :ahh:

HBD to the most commercially successful Kpop girl group worldwide. They had a great run  :katie2:

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The fastest kpop act in HISTORY to score a PAK :clap3:

That was a DEBUT :jonnycat:

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

51 minutes ago, Cain said:

I remember the girls getting so clowned for years and then D4 dropped and it was SILENT, then they slipped a lil with KTL but The Album ended everyone again :jonny: a legendaric career

KTL hiatus was bad lol everyone thought bp was over for some reason:rip: 

The Album era made them certified #1 gg.

• Like 1

I know the pinks solos get a lot of crap but let’s give them their flowers too:clap3:

Solo, hard to love, gone, flower, and money are bops

33 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

BP disbandment cancelled for now
spacer.png

Ahhhh why is this so cunty. Hddhhshsh. She knew she was IT. 

• Like 5

I like Somi song but don't you feel something is missing? Like having just 1 verse in the whole song is weird. 

The Boyz song is a bit generic but at least felt kinda fresh, my only complaint is Why male Jisoo aka Younghoon isn't shirtless in the MV?

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Ahhhh why is this so cunty. Hddhhshsh. She knew she was IT. 

I'm sure she knew it once she joined 

The big аss smile :ahh: 

Netizens talk about a photo that recently surfaced of ...

Lisa to all the jealous trainees and xenophobic knetz:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

She is such a STAR ugh. LaLegend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

when lisa said monthly evaluation where the most fun moments of trainee life and the girls looked at her with horror :dies: 

• Like 4

A happy birthday to one piece of man, dance trainer, choreographer, producer and songwriter but also center and main dancer, lead rapper and vocalist of the group VANNER.

Speaking of which, VANNER winner of PEAKTIME used their money for their first comeback.

Their first mini album will have STERO 14 (Monsta X producer), WANT U BACK is produced by Hyungwon (Monsta X) and his usual team which we know will be a bop, Ryan S Jhun, GALACTIKA which we know were affiliated with JYP (mainly GOT7 and ITZY) but also produced a lots for Monsta X.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DelRey said:

Nobody listen to them :gaycat6:

You should, 'Cause it bops hard.

1 hour ago, DelRey said:

Blackpink and EXO are the ones who got me into Kpop :heart:  

They will always have a place in my heart even now that blinks become the new army

for me was Loona the pre-debut project I couldn't catch up with all the solos but I was so exciting and Loona got like hundreds of footage so it never ended, i previously listened to a bit of kpop cause of my otaku-weird girl cousins when that all wasn't cool at all, but I get it. they had these CD with music videos of Korean boys dancing shirtless so i enjoyed in secret lmao i remember it was SHINee and other i don't remember.

by the time i started to get invested in kpop i also enjoyed gay bait i'm sorry these homophopic bit-ches got me all the time, so it was hours of BTS, SKZ, Seventeen and MonstaX 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flomik said:

+ this

I guess it's settled

Heejin is also gonna celebrate her 7th year from her solo debut next month :clap3:

521f5a060a936aa4c3354e09d247abd412e2ccf7

4 hours ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Jeongyeon did too, and nayeon spoiled the melody in the recorder, 3mix things :clap3:

Always the iconic trio :bird:

• Like 2

• ATRL Administrator

Stop being a loser and downvoting BP posts @xfreshkidxx

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

KPOP EMERGENCY OMGGG!!!!

BAEKHYUN is on IG live right now talking **** about SM :fish2:

• Haha 1