• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, starstruckaj said:

Somi and this ketamine coded bop :jonny5: Chungha fight back, the good sis really did it for the gays 

speaking of doing it for the gays though :matty:

Their Adios 2.0 is coming!

18 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

New peak :clap3:

Korean choose the talent :clap3:

ENHYPEN :rip:

I'm so worried for ENHYPEN after the RU NEXT Girl group debuts.. if they smash (which they most likely will), ENHYPEN is going to be mistreated or even forgotten.

16 minutes ago, Century said:

Did SM really just  create a meta-universe where the aespa lore only exists as comic books? Imagine how tired we are. :gaycat7:

What comic books? :superman:  It’s gonna be something cute for the fans while we wait in between comebacks 

C’mon æctresses :yum:

Edited by katyberry

2 minutes ago, katyberry said:

This is soooo good! C’mon æctresses :yum:

They were on a mission to end FRIENDS and they completed it successfully :clap3:

• Like 1

Genuine question about XG: how is the group doing sales/chart-wise?

As someone who's been following avex's artists for basically 15 years now, the effort the label is putting into the group in terms of budget is truly huge when compared to the rest of nowadays' catalog. I'm really surprised.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, katyberry said:

What comic books? :superman:  It’s gonna be something cute for the fans while we wait in between comebacks 

And by the 2nd number, they will be bored and stop doing it because it's too much work.

Happy Birthday black pink :clap3:

14 minutes ago, ZENO said:

Genuine question about XG: how is the group doing sales/chart-wise?

As someone who's been following avex's artists for basically 15 years now, the effort the label is putting into the group in terms of budget is truly huge when compared to the rest of nowadays' catalog. I'm really surprised.

Their singles chart but they’re not too high nor too low. Mascara was charting on Oricon for 10 weeks peaking at #27. Mascara was also doing pretty well on Billboard Japan peaking somewhere in the top 20. Shooting Star was charting on Oricon for 9 weeks also peaking at #27. It also charted pretty well on Billboard Japan but it didn’t have as much longevity. I think if they actually promoted in Japan at Japanese shows and stuff, they would chart a lot better.

However every physical single of theirs was sold out of stock and they never restocked it again for some reason :rip: they probably never expected to go SO viral and couldn’t prepare the restocks in time

Hopefully they learned their mistake and it won’t happen for the upcoming album.

Edited by Flomik

21 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Their singles chart but they’re not too high nor too low. Mascara was charting on Oricon for 10 weeks peaking at #27. Mascara was also doing pretty well on Billboard Japan peaking somewhere in the top 20. Shooting Star was charting on Oricon for 9 weeks also peaking at #27. It also charted pretty well on Billboard Japan but it didn’t have as much longevity. I think if they actually promoted in Japan at Japanese shows and stuff, they would chart a lot better.

However every physical single of theirs was sold out of stock and they never restocked it again for some reason :rip: they probably never expected to go SO viral and couldn’t prepare the restocks in time

Hopefully they learned their mistake and it won’t happen for the upcoming album.

Thanks! Yeah I don't fully understand their strategy tbh, like... I get the fact avex aims to create something global but why aren't they promoting in Japan at all?

Anyhow, looking forward to get more songs like MASCARA! TGIF is also a bop.

1 minute ago, thirdward said:

biggest kpop resets ever :giraffe:

everyone was perched for these releases

D4, you just HAD to be there

10 minutes ago, thirdward said:

Sadly I wasn't there during D4 but watching the live premiere of HYLT was a MOMENT :jonny5:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

another great mini is coming i fear

i wish there were one or two more tracks though

OT: love these denim outfits

14 minutes ago, thirdward said:

these collapses :jonny5:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, ZENO said:

Thanks! Yeah I don't fully understand their strategy tbh, like... I get the fact avex aims to create something global but why aren't they promoting in Japan at all?

Anyhow, looking forward to get more songs like MASCARA! TGIF is also a bop.

Their major market is Korea and the rest of the world.

From the beginning XGALX (well it had a whole different name before AVEX investment, XG STUDIOS) and Simon (the CEO) of their company not the parent one (AVEX) was supposed to do a Kpop Global group, which is why the girls are basically mostly living in Korea and spends most of the year there, and have all of their videos where they speak Korean (instead of Japanese). 

It's because Simon, knows the Kpop world through and through, as he was an idol and a producer later. Which is why their trainee days, they were at YG and YGX (when you think of their project, think of Yuehua and UNIQ).

The fact that AVEX when debuted the president said: 

Just because we are working with Korean producers don’t mean the group is working with a Korean label. Everyone is Japanese. It isn’t like K-Pop. It’s more like American. I am emphatically saying everyone is Japanese. We worked with Korean producers, but we just used Korean producers. All rights belong to Avex. Why do we have to lose to Koreans? The Japanese can do it also. Even Koreans sent a singer like BoA to Japan to mimic us. Since we were on the losing side, we asked to work with Korean producers, and we did it.

Which created a whole backlash on the group, since literally on their bio, the origin place of XG is cited as South Korea.

24 minutes ago, thirdward said:

HYLT was something else

TA era biggest Kpop gg era easily, nobody coming close I fear. The imapct you had to be there:superman:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, xrosup said:

The furry :deadbanana2: