K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

aespa and griddle didn't copy each other. stop giving the obsessed SM antis the attention they want sisters :ducky:

Edited by Century

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Xalric said:

The concept was maid in December and recorded in January.

yes precisely so how is one group copying the other then

Something I find interesting about this thread and perpetually online kpop stans in general going back 13+ years:

There are almost no people who stan every SM group, but many people who are anti-fans of every SM group and are pathologically obsessed with pretending fans of SM idols are a monolithic group.

I would love to understand the psychology behind that behavior better. 

Edited by Century

22 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

Watch New Jennie’s snatch a Grammy next :-*

Cool With You and Ditto MVs deserve best music video :clap3:

+ A nomination for BNA and Best Pop duo/group performance "Cool With You" or "Ditto"

Edited by playboi

1 hour ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Overdancing? So just doing what every other boy band does since the beginning of time? :ryan2:

Not all bgs ofc i mean they pretend to be live singing while dancing their ass off you do one or other 

3 hours ago, Somi said:

I don’t know what happened :rip: They should have debuted with a better song…. 

Zhang Hao deserves better! 

This is great for a boy group debut though. They're #71 on Circle chart this week (peak #38) which is higher than the peak of the debut songs from Stray Kids, Enhypen, Treasure, TXT etc etc. I honestly don't think a boy group has done this well digitally on debut since WannaOne. 

• Like 2

60K likes Gfriend are still so relevant Hybe should have kept them instead of debuting Lsrfm

sm should get rid of kwangya but why did they get rid of aespa's AEs? that was the most interesting thing about their concept, seeing them transform into snsd 2.0 when the aes are added. girls and spicy failed in this regard. i want more ot8 choreo

they had to waste all the cgi budget on those flop smcu films no one watches and shouldve been for music videos

aespa-ae-03112021-5.gif

This legend choreographing with Bada Lee pre debut, he is going places :WAP: I hope his nugu agency can treat him well if Yuehua does not snatch him :emofish:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

This whole average stream things you Moas keep boasting about doesn't make 1 bit of sense, since an artist will have a higher average stream in an album if the album has lesser songs since the title track alone usually and mostly carries the album. 

Btw, SKZ only debuted 1 year earlier than TXT, and SKZ were literally flops during 2018-2019 and you can argue that even bgs like The Boyz and ATEEZ were bigger than them during that period. TXT were already bigger than SKZ when they debuted in 2019, since they already had the whole "BTS little brothers" hype etc.. SKZ didn't surpass TXT in popularity until 2020.  

SKZ didn't have US distributor until last year, hence why every single album of theirs since last year have now been debuting #1, and they are the only Kpop act to have all their charting albums debut at #1. Btw, Republic Records have also been under-stocking SKZ albums which has been a very known issue, hence why it has effected their longevity on the chart.

Anyways 5-star has a good charting run right now :clap3:

Btw, TXT already had a US distributor from the moment they debuted back in 2019, which was 3 years before SKZ got theirs, and yet SKZ managed to get 2 #1 albums before TXT got their first #1 :michael: 

Anyways, SKZ are also doing good numbers all over the world and not just in the US, with their albums topping many European countries and their recent album breaking records and being the longest charting Kpop album inside the top 10 in the biggest music markets in Europe (Germany, France etc.)

I understand, but it must also suck as a fan to see how HYBE constantly tries to media-play them as the 4th gen leaders and trying to erase other groups' achievements etc., when they aren't even the biggest 4th gen group in their own company. Even ENHYPEN are kinda washing them in the streaming department. 

And don't get me started on the whole Yeonjun being a 4th gen it-boy media-play fiasco. 

Big 3 (and now 4) privilege was and still is a thing, no matter how fans spin it a group with resources and opportunities way before their debut is privileged; they were no underdogs, just like TXT. Just because the effort and money did not translate into immediate success it doesn't mean they were not privileged, same goes for TXT.
They debuted a year earlier but were around since 2017 because of their survival show and it can affect a group's popularity pre-debut.

Timing matters for BB200, and yeah Freeze and M2 did not peak at #1 but managed to have an incredible longevity

10 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

Here are the receipts

TNC: Temptation on Billboard 200 (Week 8): #63 

5-STAR on Billboard 200 (Week 8): #33

Soon their new album (released in January, 2023).will be below ODDINARY (release in March, 2022) in daily streams (shock much)

Numbers from 08/03 (2023)

TNC: Temptation: 791,595 daily streams (293,508,445 total)

ODDINARY: 637,414 daily streams (489,455,459) 

They can keep in their delulu world of blabla average per song when half of skz discography is re-released so ofc it will decrease their average

spacer.png

The average I was talking about is the 1st day/1st week on Spotify (also 1st week on demand streams on BB200, because 13M+ streams for a 5 tracks album and 19M+ for a 12 tracks album confirm what I said earlier about great debuts but bad streams in the following weeks) btw you're proving my point when I said they have a big core fan base and bigger streaming longevity

I didn't know about the re-recordings but even excluding those (we can see Taylor's numbers and realize the orginal versions tend not to be streamed as much after the rerecording is dropped, valid) they still have more CBs with more new tracks which affect overall streams. These streams in particular are bad but they are an improvement wrt Minisode2, so I can't be too mad at moas :deadvision:

A week's placement can depend on several factors (i.e., Minisode2 could've peaked higher without surprise releases, just like other groups this year without particularly strong tracking weeks) but good for them, I meant the entire chart-run of an album and hope they'll chart with these high and stable US streams when the understocking happens for 13, 14 and 19+ weeks and end up for the first time on a year-end chart, just like Freeze in 2021 and Minisode2 in 2022. This longevity is taken into account for some US awards nominations where peaks don't help. Overall I once again acknowledge they have bigger streaming longevity but looking at entries and total weeks spent on most charts, I still think TXT have an edge on them on US charts. Both groups keep on catching up and surpassing eo in many metrics with every comeback so this discussion is kinda pointless :gaycat6: just wanted to say Do It Like That is an underperformance but they're performing pretty well on BB

• Like 3

The Boyz might lose a member. IST has once again not given the songwriting credits to Kevin for one of their songs. He told the fans about it then went on an erasing spree of his social medias.

1 hour ago, supershy said:

60K likes Gfriend are still so relevant Hybe should have kept them instead of debuting Lsrfm

its nostalgia factor

they were undeniably nearing a decline  

1 hour ago, supershy said:

I feel like they would get huge career resurgence if they decide to reunite in the future :jonny4:

Not Sailor Moon catching strays a few pages back :redface: Leave this icon alone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asscatchem said:

sm should get rid of kwangya but why did they get rid of aespa's AEs? that was the most interesting thing about their concept, seeing them transform into snsd 2.0 when the aes are added. girls and spicy failed in this regard. i want more ot8 choreo

they had to waste all the cgi budget on those flop smcu films no one watches and shouldve been for music videos

aespa-ae-03112021-5.gif

They didn't. Hatsune Miku is shaking :foxaylove:

• Like 1

Remember people in this thread claiming ZB1 debut would be a hit:bibliahh:

not the backtracking, mind you even kep1er did so saur much better internationally like… th bear is in hell

The non event txt Lola stage is:ahh:

Not skz making more noise

3 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

The non event txt Lola stage is:ahh:

Not skz making more noise

I’m not on either side of this fanwar but the fact nobody posted any pics/videos of their performance in here :rip: