K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Predict: next 4th gen to decline commercially 

itzy took the crown as the first big 4 4th gen group to decline heavily, treasure followed heavily

my next bet is on enhypen or smth :giraffe: don’t see hype for them

Am interested to see who will end up being the twice of this gen aka **** longevity 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/9/2023 at 2:25 AM, LCTV said:

7/9 Update

TWICE 28.4m (+0.2m)

(=) 1. Momoiah Carey 12.2m (+0.3m)

(=) 2. Tzuyu 11.6m (+0.2m)

(=) 3. Nayeon 11.2m (+0.2m)

(=) 4. Sana 10.3m (+0.2m)

(=) 5. Chaeyoung 9.2m (+0.2m)

(-1) 6. Jihyo 9.1m (+0.1m)

(=) 7. Mina 8.7m (+0.2m)

(=) 8. Dahyun 8.5m (+0.2m)

(=) 9. Jeongyeon 7.5m (+0.2m)

8/4 Update

TWICE 28.5m (+0.1m)

(=) 1. Momoiah Carey 12.6m (+0.4m)

(=) 2. Tzuyu 11.9m (+0.3m)

(=) 3. Nayeon 11.4m (+0.2m)

(=) 4. Sana 10.5m (+0.2m)

(+1) 5. Jihyo 9.4m (+0.3m)

(-1) 6. Chaeyoung 9.3m (+0.1m)

(=) 7. Mina 8.9m (+0.2m)

(=) 8. Dahyun 8.6m (+0.1m)

(=) 9. Jeongyeon 7.7m (+0.2m)

Edited by LCTV

22 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

itzy took the crown as the first big 4 4th gen group to decline heavily, treasure followed heavily

Am interested to see who will end up being the twice of this gen aka **** longevity 

Enhypen are not going anywhere :dies:  

3 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Hyein (NewJeans)

spacer.png

Girl the whole choreography is a TikTok challenge...

Like we can say everything about aespa with their hands choreography that look good on only one camera angle, but New Jeans and Min Heehee Jackson are the biggest terrorist on the TikTok trends, even their songs, which are goods, but they are like 50 seconds long.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

itz good that in all their live performances it shows itzy has a loud and established fanbase, they still have potential to grow and show more as they get older

with cake, set me free, and party o’clock all going n/a it just shows that jyp has absolutely no pulse on what title tracks the gp will connect with nowadays

i think overall jyp girl groups are coming off as too corporate (?) right now, like with lsfrm and newjeans pulling off an artistic vision while still being earworms

i think the full on western push just made jyp confused on what’s hot

3 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

itz good that in all their live performances it shows itzy has a loud and established fanbase, they still have potential to grow and show more as they get older

with cake, set me free, and party o’clock all going n/a it just shows that jyp has absolutely no pulse on what title tracks the gp will connect with nowadays

i think overall jyp girl groups are coming off as too corporate (?) right now, like with lsfrm and newjeans pulling off an artistic vision while still being earworms

Not only they don't know about the GP, but they also don't know what the fans want. It's not the concept the problem, it's the music and the way of promoting them that's bad.

They are literally re doing the errors that SM and YG made like 15 years ago. At least, they're not doing a wonder girls.

Edited by Xalric

48 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

I love them but, The Boyz is next.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

JYP poorly managed Itzy. The western push of Twice was gradually and it happened when they started declining in Korea. 
Itzy were doing fine and suddenly JYP dropped Korea and wanted them to be more relevant internationally. Instead of a Japanese debut right after not shy, JYP gave them an English album with old tracks, Friday release when they weren’t fully established in Korea. Then loco bombed in Korea and JYP decided they needed to be relavent in Korea again. Sneakers happened they lost their western appeal and the rest yk. How do know you can *** up a career so bad. Also Itzy would benefit more if JYP pushed them individually. :coffee2: 
The fact Nayeon managed to get a top 5 with the worst timing ever tell a lot. 

7 hours ago, CrisPop said:

This was so cool! The live band, ITZY’s amazing performing skills, them interacting with the crowd during Dalla Dalla :jonny: 

Wait this kinda ate. The girls are such fun performers.

1 hour ago, spicyaegha said:

ENHYPEN has already established a fanbase and is actually one of the only few boygroups who have a specific image with a set vision and sound. They won’t have a heavy decline. Plus their latest mini was a back-to-form and quality, and it gave them their goodwill and brought back fans like me who had left after that awful Future Perfect era.  If it’s anyone who should worry about a decline it’s either Ateez (they’re just another version of stray kids) or the Boyz (zb1 is literally doing the same thing with a bigger success even though they’re temporary, plus the new sm bg is also coming who might be similar). 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Min Heehee Jackson terrorist

You ain't slick.

xjaa6Of.gif

This crazy witch is a certified pedo because Taemin felt uncomfortable with the Sherlock (2012) photoshoots.

Taemin - Born: 18 July 1993

xjaa6Of.gif

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

You ain't slick.

xjaa6Of.gif

If I start to speak about those thing... I have my share of grudge with all of them including their close friends, which includes Bang Si Hyuk (HYBE head), Kim Do Hoon (RBW head), Hong Seung Song (Cube founder and S2 (Kiss Of Life) Head), Kim Shi Dae (Starship ent founder and ex CEO) and more...

All of them have dirt on their hands... While some of them have bloods (looking at you Yang Hyun Suk)... 

Min Heehee Jackson her biggest terrorism is just musically and artistically... While the others....

• Like 1

Stream these 2 back to back before hitting the club to boost your self-esteem sistren! 

YOU CALL IT COCKY

I CALL IT TRUE!

enhypen was the first million seller in 4th gen even before Skz and Txt, but now their sales is lower than Newjeans. Something happened that make them lose hype. They should make more songs like Future Perfect. 

If Hybe didn’t have Newjeans they would seem like flops in 4th gen cause Stray Kids is bigger than Txt, Enhypen and Ive, Aespa is bigger than Le sserafim. It’s funny that Txt, Enhypen and Lsrfm all got music produced by Bang Sihyuk, who produced for BTS, but can’t compete with Newjeans. 

15 minutes ago, supershy said:

enhypen was the first million seller in 4th gen even before Skz and Txt, but now their sales is lower than Newjeans. Something happened that make them lose hype. They should make more songs like Future Perfect. 

You cannot be serious :rip: Future Perfect is literally the reason they lost momentum and lost fans as a result. You might have noticed that their streams declined considerably during the FP era. Meanwhile this latest album brought their goodwill back and their streams also Increased in comparison. so I won’t be surprised if their sales increase next comeback. 

Edited by Witnessed ET
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, supershy said:

not too much on wonhee she’s a visual 

Who do you think will be the 6 that debut?

i believe youngseo, jiwoo, minju and jeemin are very strong contenders.

the others might be iroha/wonhee, chanelle/yunah/jihyun, at least one of them is gonna debut i think.

39 minutes ago, supershy said:

They had almost a one year hiatus without music because they were touring non stop and Be:lift is **** so I assume a lot of the fans got bored and left :chick3: Also Heeseung had to take the lead and did some of the producing in the new album or allegedly, the comeback would have been even more pushed further :emofish: