K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

22 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Super Shy and NewJeans being recommended audios for me on TikTok with Barbie songs :deadbanana4:

At this point they have better promo than BlackPink. 

Than who ? Their only great rollout was The album era :bibliahh:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, BTS said:

Was Jungkook… always the Beyoncé?

I thought their solos would be a bit similar in stats

Maybe my optimism was just delusion

anya-taylor-joy-acting.gif

Isn't he just getting a lot of support from the label? Do people actually like his song that much?

Edited by Get

I had a dream last night or rather a nightmare that winter left aespa to join le sserafim :bibliahh:

Maybe I need to stop listening to too much kpop these days. I don’t want to dream about kpop idols.:rip:

4 minutes ago, Get said:

Isn't he just getting a lot of support from the label? Do people actually like his song that much?

I mean the song has spent a whole with +10M streams despite being 13 on TTH. So I guess the demand is here :cm:

34 minutes ago, BTS said:

Who said he had broken English 

He slayed that B1 english 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, flashfox said:

I had a dream last night or rather a nightmare that winter left aespa to join le sserafim :bibliahh:

Maybe I need to stop listening to too much kpop these days. I don’t want to dream about kpop idols.:rip:

I dreamed about posting a comment on ATRL once :hoetenks:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Than who ? Their only great rollout was The album era :bibliahh:

Born Pink has decent promo? They have VMAs, TTH #1, multiple late night performances, etc. Why do y’all act like BP are treated like RV :rip: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

I mean the song has spent a whole with +10M streams despite being 13 on TTH. So I guess the demand is here :cm:

Couldn't that just be mass streaming? Like Lisa's Money is doing 2 million daily now I think, and we all know atleast half of it is mass streaming.

1 minute ago, Get said:

Couldn't that just be mass streaming? Like Lisa's Money is doing 2 million daily now I think, and we all know atleast half of it is mass streaming.

no, because Spotify filters those streams for their charts, that's why Money is doing around 2.5M streams daily and it's N/A.

armys are getting so mad at newjeans they used to be so supportive at debut

Edited by supershy
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Born Pink has decent promo? They have VMAs, TTH #1, multiple late night performances, etc. Why do y’all act like BP are treated like RV :rip: 

Only Pink venom got a good promotion with the VMA. 

multiples late night show? They only performed Shut down on Kimmel :deadbanana4:

I’m sure Red velvet performed more than 2 times Birthday! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adama said:

Only Pink venom got a good promotion with the VMA. 

multiples late night show? They only performed Shut down on Kimmel :deadbanana4:

I’m sure Red velvet performed more than 2 times Birthday! 

Girls mots A list singers perform at Kimmel and similar how Is that equivalent to any other promotions?

6 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

Girls mots A list singers perform at Kimmel and similar how Is that equivalent to any other promotions?

And a lot of Kpop groups performed on late shows and daytime shows? Why are we acting like it’s groundbreaking in 2023 :deadbanana4:

and the problem it’s that it was their only promotions during the week of their album release alongside a pre recorded inkigayo stage 

Edited by Adama
  • Like 4

NewJeans are truly going to be the group to complete the western market trinity I fear.

BTS, BP, NJ :jonny5:

Ive seen so many tweets from hip hop locals that are loving Super Shy whew the hook just gets you I fear!

Who gives a **** about 20 versions and 3M FW sales when theyre N/A on Spotify and AM.

Danielle is the Beyoncé of this group I fear!

NJ1 is coming for blood I fear blakpink is not safe (yg get to work!)

46 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

He slayed that B1 english 

‘he’s a fluent’ :skull:

2 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

NewJeans are truly going to be the group to complete the western market trinity I fear.

BTS, BP, NJ :jonny5:

Ive seen so many tweets from hip hop locals that are loving Super Shy whew the hook just gets you I fear!

Who gives a **** about 20 versions and 3M FW sales when theyre N/A on Spotify and AM.

Danielle is the Beyoncé of this group I fear!

Except Beyonce was the most popular. Something Danielle isn’t :cm:.

we all know who’s the Beyonce of the group 

6 minutes ago, Adama said:

And a lot of Kpop groups performed on late shows and daytime shows? Why are we acting like it’s groundbreaking in 2023 :deadbanana4:

and the problem it’s that it was their only promotions during the week of their album release alongside a pre recorded inkigayo stage 

Circumstantial with their tour going on it's the biggest streaming and sales boost you can get, I mean BP couldn't score a hit not even with Selena Gomez as ft so Pink Venom and SD had no hope 

1 minute ago, Cain said:

‘he’s a fluent’ :skull:

Right "fluent" 

46 minutes ago, Gaia said:

This is like bare minimum for the biggest GG in the world. And it was rushed compared to the Album era. 

43 minutes ago, Get said:

The song is charting in 72 countries. So there’s demand :cm:

10 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

Circumstantial with their tour going on it's the biggest streaming and sales boost you can get, I mean BP couldn't score a hit not even with Selena Gomez as ft so Pink Venom and SD had no hope 

They didn’t started their tour at the time, but it was close to their Seoul dates, which was another poor planning from YGE. And what the promotions have to do with scoring a hit?  Born pink was badly promoted compared to THE ALBUM, so yes they didn’t get a decent promo :toofunny3:

Edited by Adama
  • Like 1

We love Women in their 30+ selling out tours and fanmeets like hot cakes :swim2:

I don't appreciate native speakers mocking other's English skills, I think idols' broken English sounds cute most of the time.

• Like 1