K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Fanwars on my timeline again because apparently BTS are releasing some kind of autobiography book?? :bibliahh:

:deadbanana4: always during exo comeback season lmaoooo

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Bang PD set TXT up like that by saying that their collab with Jonas Brothers would go top 20 on Hot 100, and Ryan Tedder setting them up even more by saying it will go top 10 :redface: The way they acted as if it was this revolutionary thing as well :rip: It's literally the most faceless song ever :rip:

WHY WOULD THEY EVEN RELEASE THIS BEHIND THE SCENES VIDEO AND SET THEM UP LIKE THIS TO BEGIN WITH :redface: 

Edited by Pluto2022

23 minutes ago, motherpills said:

not sure why anyone is comparing stray kids and newjeans. they are in entirely different leagues.

ethel-cain-even-she-was-weirded-out.gif

Well they are the biggest bg and gg of their gen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It has the best teaser video since Aespa’s Savage two years ago. Haerin’s visuals in the teaser are :heart2: 

ETA’s either an 8 or 9 out of 10 so if ASAP’s better, I will be apologizing to Ms. @SandyJeans

the power of NewLegends, even their most ardent critics like @Eternium will be tuning in to witness the inevitable collapse :worship:

perched for that apology :gaycat2:

Just now, SandyJeans said:

the power of NewLegends, even their most ardent critics like @Eternium will be tuning in to witness the inevitable collapse :worship:

perched for that apology :gaycat2:

I like how positive you always are, even though I do some sprinkle of shade here and there :gaycat:

:soda:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Why did Bang PD set TXT up like that by saying that their collab with Jonas Brothers would go top 20 on Hot 100, and Ryan Tedder setting them up even more by saying it will go top 10 :redface: The way they acted as if it was this revolutionary thing as well :rip: It's literally the most faceless song ever :rip:

WHY WOULD THEY EVEN RELEASE THIS BEHIND THE SCENES VIDEO AND SET THEM UP LIKE THIS TO BEGIN WITH :redface: 

he's so embarrassing :toofunny2: kinda funny how he pays nj dust when they're the most successful hybe-act post BTS

must still be mad at MHJ for asserting creative autonomy

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I like how positive you always are, even though I do some sprinkle of shade here and there :gaycat:

haha thanks. its kpop at the end of the day - imagine having a meltdown over it like some users here :toofunny2: , better to just enjoy the music and discuss on a silly little forum

Edited by SandyJeans
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, naomi24 said:

Fanwars on my timeline again because apparently BTS are releasing some kind of autobiography book?? :bibliahh:

:deadbanana4: always during exo comeback season lmaoooo

Armys on Twitter back again with their victims mentality :sleep:

12 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The way If It was Stray Kids reaching poor results releasing an english song with a western collab where the said acts have over 22M monthly listeners and the song had 29M of playlisting reach with JYP promising they'd break into Hot 100 Top 10-20 they will be dragged to hell :gaycat6:

• Like 1

I wish they'd drop names but BTS are too kind for that, anyways here is Namjoon being a seer :gaycat1:

• Like 1

kpop companies have such a skewed view of US pop stars, bagging B-listers like zara, bebe, charlie puth, and the jonas brothers as if anyone in the US would really give a ****

I wanna see what the NJs members’ parents look like and who they are, like who birthed these LEGENDS

ahh my chart obsessed faves!!! can't wait till they get added to TTH for even more fun antics in this thread :duca:

• Like 2

people expecting uniqueness and huge artistic growth from k-pop artists

spacer.png

go listen to Bjork or sth 

• Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I wonder when they will announce him as the brand ambassador? 

19 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

The way If It was Stray Kids reaching poor results releasing an english song with a western collab where the said acts have over 22M monthly listeners and the song had 29M of playlisting reach with JYP promising they'd break into Hot 100 Top 10-20 they will be dragged to hell :gaycat6:

I wonder why TXT's Western fully English collab with The Jonas Brothers debuted with less streams than SKZ's b-side collab with the "local Korean rapper" Tiger Jk :gaycat2: 

The way MOAs were getting so brave and kept attacking SKZ with this Jonas Brother collab and dragged SKZ for only being able to collab with "nugus" while TXT kept collabing with these Western artists as if it means anything :skull: But we all know how SKZ Karma works, but this time I will say it's our Uncle Tiger JK's karma  :clap3: 

Tiger JK > Jonas Brothers it seems :gaycat:

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

I wanna see what the NJs members’ parents look like and who they are, like who birthed these LEGENDS

Spoiler

7daad9a8b8d2b2637ba15756f8056b434109d4da

22 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

he can attend my face sitting next

• Haha 1

for the NewJapanese inevitable release in Q4/Q1 2024 we need this type of sing with Mariah's Boy I Need You MV Y2K Kaiju aesthetics :duca:

10 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

kpop companies have such a skewed view of US pop stars, bagging B-listers like zara, bebe, charlie puth, and the jonas brothers as if anyone in the US would really give a ****

koreans gag over and worships anyone that has white skin

Y'all are too hard on TXT around here in comparison to SKZ and I'm so sick of it. On the surface it may seem like TXT have a lot of privileges (and they do) but they actually also have a ton stacked against them. SKZ debuted a year before TXT in a more prestigious company, and had their own reality show. Not to mention they're basically the true spiritual successors to BTS, the most popular kpop boyband of all time.

Meanwhile TXT had to follow BTS with a totally different concept that doesn't appeal to western fans the way it used to, had NO reality show to speak of and were fresh faces. They're doing fairly well all things considered. Lay off them a little, @Pluto2022 it's starting to become excessive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

He deserves for being promoting Versace on everything he wears:soda:

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I wonder why TXT's Western fully English collab with The Jonas Brothers debuted with less streams than SKZ's b-side collab with the "local Korean rapper" Tiger Jk :gaycat2: 

The way MOAs were getting so brave and kept attacking SKZ with this Jonas Brother collab and dragged SKZ for only being able to collab with "nugus" while TXT kept collabing with these Western artists as if it means anything :skull: But we all know how SKZ Karma works, but this time I will say it's more of our Uncle Tiger JK karma :clap3:

I didn't even know MOAs were dragging 'TOPLINE'.

In my opinion, there's nothing to be dragged about the collaboration. It's a song Stray Kids themselves asked Tiger JK directly to participate before JYP even know and he accepted because he saw the potential on the boys. They worked together because there were artistic identification. Bang Chan, Han, Changbin and Tiger JK only wrote the song together. 

We support an actual genuine collaboration. Stream my bop: 

40 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

@Sorecer Cry

Odd behavior.

11 minutes ago, Rino said:

people expecting uniqueness and huge artistic growth from k-pop artists

spacer.png

go listen to Bjork or sth 

Just say you have very little respect for idols and move on. You didn't need to hit submit reply here, it's giving self-embarrassment.

i-have-to-laugh-lady-gaga.gif

15 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

so true. but to be fair, Charlie Puth might as well be A-List in Koria with the way his songs chart over there