Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Xalric said:

NOOOO not #966

I recognize jealousy and bitterness when I see one and no "I like NJ too" statement can hide that btw.

NewJeans might release a track with fart sounds only and that troll will claim it's Red Velvet demo :rip:

Maybe being SM sheep since SNSD era might have permanently damaged the brain cells. It's time to seek help before it's too late :heart: 

Anyways, stream Super Shy to get to know sounds from decade ago :gaycat:

• Like 5

honorable mention for strong GG projects: STAYC's Young-Luv. that was pure excellence...and then they proceed to release Teddy Bear :toofunny2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Eternium said:

You can honestly tell who doesn’t follow K-pop in here for trying to drag a Girls’ Generation stan for commenting on MHJ. We’ve been with her since she broke out and stanned her ever since. Why can’t we say we don’t like hearing her stuck in sounds from a decade ago?

Same thing happened with Blinks who thought Teddy's **** was new for them too when we had all played it out 5 years earlier. Get up has been Pink Tape 2 conceptually. :dies: I think NJ are the brightest rising stars that I've ever seen since becoming a fan during mid 2nd gen though and I think you're downplaying that more than a bit with these takes. Also while they've been stuck in their sound for several singles in a row, that sound was still very fresh a year ago and didn't sound like anything RV, fx, or SNSD ever did.

28 minutes ago, lauvender said:

SM probably feels dumb for not trusting MHJ’s vision and giving her more creative control.

SM probably doesn't care, MHJ's biggest strength is her visual direction and that's the area where SM is still dom topping the industry without her. The 2 MVs we got for My World are leagues ahead of other 4th gen GGs.

22 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

also there's no need to respond to the meltdowns & delusions. nothing should distract us from this historical moment!! NJ is about to serve us their Reboot (2015), 4 Walls (2015), Girl's Generation (1st Japanese Album) (2011), Perfect Velvet (2017) realness with Get Up (2023)   :gaygacat4:

any GG albums I missed? feel free to share :cm:

This won't be that moment for them but I'm sure once they get out of their debut era musically(something all those other groups you named had to do to release those albums) that they can deliver. Also you picked the right groups but all the wrong albums except for Perfect Vevlet. It needed to be Wonder World, Pink Tape, Girls & Peace, Perfect Velvet :gaygacat4:

Edited by Century

Also what's up with the Wonder World erasure by 3rd and 4th gen kpop fans? When it came out I thought we all agreed it was the best GG album but now people only want to talk about Reboot and pretend their enormous legacy before that never happened.  :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Xalric said:

NOOOO not #966

Rise (in twitter stan’s voice)

7 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

honorable mention for strong GG projects: STAYC's Young-Luv. that was pure excellence...and then they proceed to release Teddy Bear :toofunny2:

they will redeem themselves next month hopefully:gaycat:

What group was doing ethereal D&B in the 2010s? F(x)? 4 Walls is the closest sonically and is not even D&B it just has UK garage elements, but that's about it. :skull:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, paddii_ said:

The way Kevin has the whole world on chokehold with his bussy :ahh:

My initial thought was "Kevin from The Boyz?"

:cm:

5 minutes ago, Century said:

This won't be that moment for them but I'm sure once they get out of their debut era musically(something all those other groups you named had to do to release those albums) that they can deliver. Also you picked the right groups but all the wrong albums except for Perfect Vevlet. It needed to be Wonder World, Pink Tape, Girls & Peace, Perfect Velvet :gaygacat4:

I disagree but alas...I guess we'll know the truth on July 21st  :bird:

all excellent 2nd best album choices :coffee: ! my faves:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

I disagree but alas...I guess we'll know the truth on July 21st  :bird:

all excellent 2nd best album choices :coffee: ! my faves:

These are the canonical correct picks for these albums. I respect the taste even if your album ranking isn't correct. Butterfly pooped a spider song of the millenium :jonnycat:

Edited by Century

10 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

they will redeem themselves next month hopefully:gaycat:

BEP needs to stop playing games & start giving them the Apink rejects NOW. they're working on Itchy's new title too right?

6 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

BEP needs to stop playing games & start giving them the Apink rejects NOW. they're working on Itchy's new title too right?

Weeekly gets first dibs to reject.

4 hours ago, Nurr said:

what's with these 'test images' they keep posting  :deadbanana4: it's like they don't have anything ready and just pumping out old teaser photos they scrapped

Not gonna lie I feel kinda bad for miss italics…he’s  been waiting for that group FOREVER and they still have no concrete release date so he’s forced to post random tweets and clips :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, Century said:

Most Dives give new kpop fan who haven't seen the rise and fall of a Sajaegiship group before. They're stanning for success but that success isn't going to stick around for long once there's another project to prop up. IVE seemed like they were on a different trajectory to the others with Love Dive -> After Like being amazing but then they immediately fell back into that label's usual background music releases. :deadbanana4:

I AM and the album is amazing let’s not. Maybe it’s not your cup of tea, but I bopped to IVE’s álbum way more than I’ve listened to NewJennies’ discography. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

Not gonna lie I feel kinda bad for miss italics…he’s  been waiting for that group FOREVER and they still have no concrete release date so he’s forced to post random tweets and clips :deadbanana2:

I AM and the album is amazing let’s not. Maybe it’s not your cup of tea, but I bopped to IVE’s álbum way more than I’ve listened to NewJennies’ discography. 

It's well produced but it's very generic imo

3 hours ago, Adama said:

Pluto, I love Everglow but outside their Spotify hits they’re not successful! 
But Yuehua proved that they have an excellent A&R and if they keep the same one for BIVE then you will have no other choices than STAN them :fan:

Same for the Diesel top? 

But Unfortunately idols are still parading with these awful ribbons and stickers!

Watch your tone and don't you ever dare to speak on my sisters like that cause I don't play when it comes to them! :fish2: 

If YUEHUA disbands them, then Imma pull a Blackjack like @Century and pray for the whole company's downfall! The way they shelved my girls once Yena and TEMPEST debuted, like they need to understand that TEMPEST will always stay nugu, and maybe this whole Yena fiasco is karma!

LIKE I DON'T CARE ABOUT BIVE OR WHATEVER I JUST WANT EVERGLOW BACK! LIKE YOU DON'T AND WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND!

mad-girl-mean.gif

28 minutes ago, Century said:

Also what's up with the Wonder World erasure by 3rd and 4th gen kpop fans? When it came out I thought we all agreed it was the best GG album but now people only want to talk about Reboot and pretend their enormous legacy before that never happened.  :deadbanana4:

Weren't they the first Kpop group to every try to make it in the West and being the first Korean act to ever to chart on the Hot 100 in a climate that was WAY harder than today? :clap3:Like they low key started the whole Kpop acts trying to make it to the West thing :bird:

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

the title track is produced by them i think

i’m going to be fuming if their cb song is better than stayc’s upcoming one tho :redface:

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

They need to add a vocalist. The dancing groups are all going to have similar fates to TWICE later in their careers if they don’t have someone to sing their songs.

Yeji is my Queen, but she can’t belt to save her life.

A very weird comparison because Twice is not a dance group, it has 3mix who are capable vocalists and Itzy has nowhere near the success or career that Twice has. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

21 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

What group was doing ethereal D&B in the 2010s? F(x)? 4 Walls is the closest sonically and is not even D&B it just has UK garage elements, but that's about it. :skull:

and perhaps the best kpop song ever 

4 minutes ago, Century said:

It's well produced but it's very generic imo

Good music is good music imo. 

9 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

Weeekly gets first dibs to reject.

:toofunny2: poor them

3 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

the title track is produced by them i think

i’m going to be fuming if their cb song is better than stayc’s upcoming one tho :redface:

the incoming fanwars :redface: who's getting their Fancy (2023)

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:

which one of you baguettes did this :bibliahh:

Wtf :deadbanana2: 

poor girl, she must be traumatized

4 hours ago, TaylenaStan said:

EXO sounds great, :loki:

I'm so ready for them 

I’VE IVE has only one skip and that is Shine With Me

Kitsch could’ve been kept too tbh even if i love the song now

spacer.png

though i have to admit that i was a bit disappointed with the lack ‪of upbeat bops

spacer.png