• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Century said:

I think the problem with NewJeans right now is that Get Up should have come out 6 months ago. Their sound hasnt really evolved much in the year they've been out and that's not normal for a rookie group. If all their music so far was a single album it would be iconic but I'm not using these new tracks as much as I used Hype Boy or even OMG. :redface:

Honestly, it’s what works best for a group is to not evolve at first. Look at Wonder Girls - they only changed up their sound at first because Irony did poorly. But when they hit it big with retro, they milked it. TWICE did the same with no real concept change until years later. It’s harder to sell concept changes and that’s what made SNSD so special. But I wouldn’t be shocked if MHJ was burned, slightly, by how polarizing the reception for RV’s concept changes were.

I think MHJ has NJ recycling because she doesn’t want to alienate the fanbase and stop the massive TikTok push. I’m just worried that they’ll be stuck recycling this sound for the rest of Get Up, but I’m gonna have faith in MHJ.

30 minutes ago, Flomik said:

SuperShy and Blackpink have nothing in common lmao

What pattern are you talking abt?

It’s the lack of a bridge, lack of ad-libs and final outro with a mildly changed beat. It’s the Ariana’s curse - 2:43 songs with no bridges that are tailor-made for easy streaming consumption.

26 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

just miserable. imagine thinking IVE is outdoing anything NewJeans has put out artistically, musically, or creatively :toofunny2:

IVE makes great K-pop 'sounding' music that is enjoyable and listenable that the majority of people here appreciate. NJ is setting new trends left and right, re-popularizing aesthetic styles, and introducing new musical genres into Kpop not commonly explored like UK Garage and Jersey Club (no they did not invent these genres or were the first to do so)

nothing about them is generic

IVE have a significantly better run than NJ musically, though I will give you that IVE’s B-sides before their first album were unlistenable. NJ wash them in B-sides so far, but their singles are so same-y and generic that it feels dull at this point.

NJ is literally just another MHJ group reusing old concepts of hers and singing Red Velvet’d demos that have removed any vocal flair and are tailor-made for quick Spotify/TikTok trends. They’re not really trendsetters, they’re just doing what’s currently hot. 

That being said, the girls are amazing performers, they all have incredible visuals and they have the best EP to ever exist in K-pop. I have no doubt that they’re just trying to cement their status before they delve into what they can really do and show us that their best is yet to come.

20 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

The aespa stans always so quick with their newjeans analyses, just grasping at anything and making no sense at all :toofunny3:

Coming for their originality when aespa been releasing nothing but NCT rejects :toofunny3:

I defended NewJeans the day they came out. Pointing out that their music right now is bland isn’t dragging them.

Maybe my hopes and standards are just a little too high, but I think the girls are capable of greatness, especially when they’re working with the woman behind all of K-pop’s best moments.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

Idk who that is but MOTHER

It’s Sharon (Mina) from TWICE.

Lord, please give Sana, Momo and Sharon a good title :duca: The sex appeal is already crazy.

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

Idk who that is but MOTHER

Its mother mina :WAP: mv coming on the 14th :wanda:

11 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

Very good points :celestial5:

But I actually thought most of their internal support came from Asia and Australia, and not so much from the US.

I think The Feels also did a lot of work

They’re the best pure sellers for girl groups here in the U.S. and they have a ton of fans. 

They’re the #1 K-pop act on Spotify here who doesn’t use Discovery Mode, and that is a huge feat. 

• Haha 1

Red Velvet minding their shelved business and being inserted into nonsense arguments

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, levi_valvi said:

Very good points :celestial5:

But I actually thought most of their internal support came from Asia and Australia, and not so much from the US.

I think The Feels also did a lot of work

For you to have an idea, in 2019/2020 TWICE was debuting their albums on Billboard 200 with streaming/digital only.  :soda:

I agree The Feels helped A LOT.

2021 overall was very important to them on US/western market. They started to have US distribution, their first friday releases with 'Taste of Love' and 'Formula of Love', they started to promote more their korean songs on american TV and The Feels release/promotion in the middle. 

Will TXT even reach top 100 BB let alone top 20 like Bang PD said? :ahh: :ahh:

• Haha 3

SOTY :WAP: sometimes I forget Ditto was released in 2022 

I hope tomorrow twice will drop the US encore. LATAM fans deserve dates too but there’s the cb.  Tbh they should focus on the WT. Then drop the album next year. :giraffe:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sept said:

Will TXT even reach top 100 BB let alone top 20 like Bang PD said? :ahh: :ahh:

i forgot about that

source.gif

i dont think so:bird:

Edited by TheCal
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

For you to have an idea, in 2019/2020 TWICE was debuting their albums on Billboard 200 with streaming/digital only.  :soda:

I agree The Feels helped A LOT.

2021 overall was very important to them on US/western market. They started to have US distribution, their first friday releases with 'Taste of Love' and 'Formula of Love', they started to promote more their korean songs on american TV and The Feels release/promotion in the middle. 

Meanwhile ktrl was busy dragging them for their melon chart positions :celestial5:

It’s easy for me to forget how much a US distribution deal matters, cause I don’t personally feel the impact of it 

• Like 2

TWICE should've saved Cry For Me to be Formula of Love's title track and The Feels' follow up.:jonny5:

• Like 1

Wow what a moment this was easily top 5 in her discography, so magical and ethereal.

• Like 4

@Spark I don’t see you post much lately. With the Exo cb approach, I can’t help but wonder if you are anticipating their return :chick1:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:

this is kinda the best female solo we’ve gotten so far this year

It's cute but Mirani still hold the best solo this year.

MAMA??? :soda:

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Xalric said:

It's cute but Mirani still hold the best solo this year.

in terms of overall project i agree, but as for individual songs that one just stands out a little more to me tbh

Red Velvet has some bops, but some of their fans overestimate that group impact, I mean they were struggling for that 3rd spot lol. they should be thankful mamamoo and gfriends company were messy lol 

• Haha 6

• ATRL Administrator

Odd Eye Circle’s Highlight Medley sounds amazing. 

• Like 4

What is this messy new TXT single, it's a cute bop but also kinda embarrassing, and I love the boys. 

I also love the Jonas Brothers but it's so tacky seeing them in that video and they couldn't even shoot something togeter? Lol a mess.

Been thinking about Bangchan's ass for 2 days straight now. It's getting weird.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Also, the SERVE!