K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Lee Knowles getting some solo variety promo :clap3: The kids knowing who he is and fangirling, especially the girl in yellow  :dies: :clap3:

This is so cute, not him getting caught because of his bad math skills :skull: And also not that one kid thinking he was talking about STAYC when he asked if there were any "Stays" there (SKZ fandom name) :rip:

The kids stanning Maniac as well :clap3:

Edited by Pluto2022

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

JYP is evil for shelving niziu korean debut ugh a new girl group is probably on the way :rip:

JYPIG needs to promote and payola him more! We need him on the Youngji drinking show next! Him and Felix are the only ones who have a chance of happening in Korea! 

bf3f6b3d27f5e866a437c258828554577c5767c7

09bf72a550ba9c38339abfa9d0a028ba5a063570

imagine reaching the level of delulu thinking chimin london is a "successful soloist" :toofunny2:

even chimin london himself knows he's not :deadbanana:

Edited by MonsterNavy

35 minutes ago, Pinter said:

JYP is evil for shelving niziu korean debut ugh a new girl group is probably on the way :rip:

Rima is hated in Korea because her dad sold Japanese uniforms during the occupation of Korea.

48 minutes ago, Pinter said:

I think they saw XG flopping in Korea and they realized there's no point anymore

1 hour ago, Sept said:

spacer.png

But the Blonks told me that BTS's members all have flop solo careers :cm:

They do. Lol

Jimin is the only one serving lukewarm longevity

didn't SUGA, RM and Jin just release albums not too long ago and they’re N/A

🇫🇷 "★★★★★ (5-STAR)" debuts at #1 on SNEP Top Album Chart, with an equivalent of 19,740 sales.

It’s Stray Kids’ highest charting album, surpassing "MAXIDENT"'s peak of #99!

:clap3::clap3:

And this is their first album getting European Distribution. 

See what happens when JYPE stops holding them back 

• Like 1

🇦🇺 "★★★★★ (5-STAR)" debuts at #2 on the ARIA Chart TOP 50 Albums for week of 06/12

Absolutely worldwide legends :clap3:

• Like 1

no one is denying BTS’ global power, ofc their spotify numbers will be great

the members’ solo projects are not doing well in korea (esp considering their status) and that’s a fact

spacer.png 

Stuck in my head. 

Theo's pretty :gaycat2: And Keeho seems a bit fruity in interviews. Or he just has a personality. Hard to tell with guys sometimes. :gaycat6:

26 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

no one is denying BTS’ global power, ofc their spotify numbers will be great

the members’ solo projects are not doing well in korea (esp considering their status) and that’s a fact

spacer.png 

Lisa tanked in Korea also

spacer.png

And when's the last time a boygroup or male idol scored a smash hit in Korea? Korean charts are more favourable towards female idols

Btw Jimin didn't tank either. He had 2 top 10 hits in Korea this year

spacer.png

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mel. said:

They do. Lol

Jimin is the only one serving lukewarm longevity

didn't SUGA, RM and Jin just release albums not too long ago and they’re N/A

I don't know about Rapmonster but isn't Suga having the most successful solo tour in kpop history atm?

And I am sure Jin enlisted without any album, what is this premature drag to push that narrative? :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, playboi said:

This is crazy they have the most distinguishable tones to me.

Maybe you started listening to them after they debuted? Their solos era made it so easy to know who's singing what.

Personally it's tripleS that I really can't differentiate but then again I can't even name 95% of them :rip:

Yesss i didn't really listen to them before debuting :rip:

21 minutes ago, Sept said:

Lisa tanked in Korea also

spacer.png

And when's the last time a boygroup or male idol scored a smash hit in Korea? Korean charts are more favourable towards female idols

Btw Jimin didn't tank either. He had 2 top 10 hits in Korea this year

spacer.png

and? lisa is thai and not one blink acted like she was huge there, what kind ‪of revisionist history…

spacer.png

go drag shoong spotify debut numbers instead or something since it makes more sense

spacer.png

Edited by hallucinate

2 hours ago, Pinter said:

JYP is struggling to correctly manage the active girl groups they already have in Korea, adding a 4th to the mix (let alone one where a scandal is just waiting to happen) wouldn't be a good idea. They're probably right to do that. And NiziU is better off in Japan.

Their priority should be to try and correct course with NMIXX, because that debut has not gone well so far.

i mean i’m not expecting BTS boys to snatch mega smash hits with insane longevity but their performances on korean charts are a bit underwhelming considering they are like… one of the biggest acts in the country

spacer.png

JK and V are the most popular members so hopefully they will prove me wrong

spacer.png

Edited by hallucinate

no matter the amount of bb #1s, million sales or streaming farms spotify streams

bts ugly soloists (chimin, sugar, jhorse, monster and jin) will never be truly successful

spacer.png

just wait for jungcock or jennie's bxtch's solos before bragging about bots solos ffs

spacer.png

Edited by MonsterNavy

When an artist is doing well in Korea b-but Spotify 

when an artist is doing well internationally b-but Korea :rip:

Jimin has two top 10 this year, a million seller and is doing well streaming wise. What do want from him atp

https://twitter.com/chartsive/status/1667166787354390532

:WAP:

https://twitter.com/chartsive/status/1667015642019446785

They might reach 200,000 with their fan events in japan :WAP:

• Like 1

Can someone tell my why I get notifications of responses but when I click on them they are not there 

Just now, Hitchhiker said:

Can someone tell my why I get notifications of responses but when I click on them they are not there 

its just a react/reaction methinks

1 minute ago, MonsterNavy said:

its just a react/reaction methinks

I didn’t even realise this became a thing here