• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Zack said:

Circle doesn't regularly release download data these days, yet the song has already been certified Platinum by KMCA for over a year (=2.5M+ downloads) and Next Level has over 1B digital points (since it was released after 2018, so not a logical comparison). None of that helps your case for Next Level not being bigger. 

Next Level was also top 5 on the year end chart in 2021 (the first SM song to do it since Gee), in addition to the all time records it set (and still holds) on Circle and Melon, plus the daesang it won. :michael:

I appreciate you must be frustrated at spending years trying to tell us all aespa is a flop, but this is really clutching at straws. 

um next level is certified platinum only for STREAMING, not for downloads. Nothing released after 2019 has gotten 2.5M downloads, which makes sense since we're in the streaming era now. You can check it yourself here: https://circlechart.kr/page_cert/chart.circle?serviceGbn=S1020

Love dive and Hype boy both received their platinum streaming certifications in a month less than Next Level (8 months vs 9 months) and they're both still charting really well so they're undoubtably going to end up as the bigger songs

27 minutes ago, Axel. said:

congratulations for having ONE smash I guess 

:dies:

the way that person holds on to that song for dear life while talking about digital points will never not be funny tbh

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Jihyo finally :jonny5:

yess Shinee with the incoming summer bop :chick2:

6 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Not me thinking this is Momoriah at first :deadbanana4:

Same, I'm so sorry Momoriah :gaycat6:

1 minute ago, Supervillain said:

Killin Me Good is....

What’s the sound like? 
please don’t tell me another retro song :lakitu:

Apparently Ateez just sold out their show in Mexico in presale. The capacity is like 22k :deadbanana4:

If Stray Kids comes in november I expect Foro Sol for them. 

Edited by DelRey

11 minutes ago, armink said:

um next level is certified platinum only for STREAMING, not for downloads. Nothing released after 2019 has gotten 2.5M downloads, which makes sense since we're in the streaming era now. You can check it yourself here: https://circlechart.kr/page_cert/chart.circle?serviceGbn=S1020

Love dive and Hype boy both received their platinum streaming certifications in a month less than Next Level (8 months vs 9 months) and they're both still charting really well so they're undoubtably going to end up as the bigger songs

I know it's streaming sweetie, that's why I specifically said Circle doesn't release regularly download data (and hasn't routinely since 2018 when they switched to points indexing). It's just the modern day equivalent (since the system changes in 2018), which is what I meant by (=2.5M), which all the big songs of this current era achieve, as you've also pointed out.

None of this changes the current records the song holds. Hypothetical and/or prospectively bigger songs are not relevant at this time.

17 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Killin Me Good is....

Is it a Dua Lipa reject again?

46 minutes ago, Pinter said:

G idle youtube propaganda needs to stop, its really annoying andembarrasing at the same time, how on earth they have special youtube short section similar to national day or public celebration day i mean im in donesia the one time youtube suggest me to create short is when eid mubarrak is nearing to be celebrated how on earth cube snatch that slot... The coin must be huge their youtube payola is never ending ugh... 

G-IDLE girlies are still out there making Queencard challenges. I applaud for the dedication

How is this ^^^^ user stilll not banned is beyond my understanding :dies:

The fact that his avi is the IU pic he often uses to slutshame her yet tje mods don’t seem to care at all :rip:

4 hours ago, newaespa said:

"The Immense Stress Idols Are Facing Over Encores, Revealed By K-Pop Insider"

ONCE really let TWICE flop just so they can't win any music show to prevent this embarrassment  :bibliahh:

Well... More & More was a bad song to begin with lmfao

Not Kard doing a Tik Tok in Ikea , Icky bop of the year.

FyGn2E2aAAARdNi?format=png&name=360x360

we already knew it was Jihyo but getting the official public confirmation is exciting :jonny3:

1 hour ago, Zack said:

Circle doesn't regularly release download data these days, yet the song has already been certified Platinum by KMCA for over a year (=2.5M+ downloads)

7 minutes ago, Zack said:

I know it's streaming sweetie, that's why I specifically said Circle doesn't release regularly download data (and hasn't routinely since 2018 when they switched to points indexing). It's just the modern day equivalent (since the system changes in 2018), which is what I meant by (=2.5M), which all the big songs of this current era achieve, as you've also pointed out.

None of this changes the current records the song holds. Hypothetical and/or prospectively bigger songs are not relevant at this time.

if that's what you really meant you shouldn't have tried to straight up equate 2.5M downloads to 100M streams when WAY more songs seem to get 100M streams than 2.5M downloads (even in the past when downloads were more prevalent) :ace:. For example, 11 songs from 2019 (the last year downloads seemed to have any presence) have the download certification while 43 songs from that year have the streaming certification :rip: I think its silly to try to equate them since they're markers of different eras and Circle still displays both separately + some songs (ex: Boy With Luv, Blueming, quite a few others too) have certifications in both. However, if you REALLY still want to try equating them, I would say 200M+ streams is more like 2.5M downloads since a closer number of songs achieved both in 2019 (11 platinum downloads vs. 10 2x platinum streaming). 

Next Level still does not have a 2P streaming certification, so no it is not bigger than cheer up. And it is also very clearly going to be outpaced by Love Dive and Hype Boy by the end of the year in raw numbers so give it up deelishus! Or I guess you can enjoy a few more months of claiming its the biggest 4th gen song :juanny:

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2023 at 2:46 AM, Flomik said:

Happy 2400 pages

Let's stream this hyperpop-inspired classic with "24" in the title :heart2:

The best song in their best album. Even the dance performance is one of their best.

not everyone can be Nayeon :michael:

26 minutes ago, armink said:

if that's what you really meant you shouldn't have tried to straight up equate 2.5M downloads to 100M streams when WAY more songs seem to get 100M streams than 2.5M downloads (even in the past when downloads were more prevalent) :ace:. For example, 11 songs from 2019 (the last year downloads seemed to have any presence) have the download certification while 43 songs from that year have the streaming certification :rip: I think its silly to try to equate them since they're markers of different eras and Circle still displays both separately + some songs (ex: Boy With Luv, Blueming, quite a few others too) have certifications in both. However, if you REALLY still want to try equating them, I would say 200M+ streams is more like 2.5M downloads since a closer number of songs achieved both in 2019 (11 platinum downloads vs. 10 2x platinum streaming). 

Next Level still does not have a 2P streaming certification, so no it is not bigger than cheer up. And it is also very clearly going to be outpaced by Love Dive and Hype Boy by the end of the year in raw numbers so give it up deelishus! Or I guess you can enjoy a few more months of claiming its the biggest 4th gen song :juanny:

That's a false equivalence. For a platinum award in each certification category, the standardized accumulation thresholds are 250,000 albums = 2.5M downloads = 100M streams and this was the basis for what I said. It's written here, which you can read: https://circlechart.kr/page_cert/page.circle

Circle still weights its points index in favor of downloads over streaming, which is why the value of streams to achieve platinum in streaming is so much higher, to ensure the award thresholds in each category are at similar levels. The fact that songs more easily reach streaming thresholds in recent times is a mark of the current streaming era.

Either way, it seems you are trying to force the issue out of a dislike for aespa (hence the constant mentioning of "but Love Dive and Hype Boy!!!"). The point is, aespa set and still holds all time records for a girl group song, it is one of the biggest girl group songs seen in recent times. I'm sure if any other group had done this, it would be celebrated instead of attempts being made to diminish it by convoluted means. Oh well :michael:

Edited by Zack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, drivers license said:

not everyone can be Nayeon :michael:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Vrx. said:

It used to be super rare to have like a 3+ week number one and now we multiple occurrences in the same 12 month period of 4+ week songs topping the chart too

It's super slow like the early 2000s BB Hot 100

Not sure about the BB Hot 100 comparison, back then, charting a song for over 20 weeks was huge, nowadays, moderate hit songs chart for 30+ weeks.