K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, MusicFan98 said:

Not sure about the BB Hot 100 comparison, back then, charting a song for over 20 weeks was huge, nowadays, moderate hit songs chart for 30+ weeks.

I feel in the digital age it became a lot more volatile though in comparison

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Honestly I didn't know they were so popular. NCT DREAM is having a show in the same venue and their show still haven't sold out (it's pretty close but still).

Maybe their fandom is just not that loud compared to others like Stray Kids or BTS.

My Atiny friend showed me they had +40k people on queue for their pre-sales tickets for Chile and the venue is like 16k. Curious to know how well they will do on Brazil. 

Edited by Mitsuki

Not y’all falling for the bait by that misogynistic psycho.mp3 troll every time who keeps setting up aespa:ahh:

But of course the MYs in here wouldn’t care about that, since they would never miss an opportunity to attack TWICE :dies: Like that user is not one of y’all :lmao:

Edited by Pluto2022

1 minute ago, Mitsuki said:

My Atiny friend showed me they had +40k people on queue for their pre-sales tickets for Chile and the venue is like 16k. Curious to know how well they will do on Brazil. 

Chile is a big kpop market, Aespa sold out their show in like 10 minutes.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Topline is definitely getting an MV, like they would never waste a collab with Tiger JK and film an MV with this high budget just for it to become an unveil only. You can kinda already tell which unveils are getting full MVs which are Topline, Get Lit, DLC etc. by their budget on those MV’s alone. 

I wonder why they didn’t make unveils for Super Bowl, Hall of Fame, Item since they are the most popular b-sides on the album along with Topline, while FNF, Youtiful, DLC got one?

It's really weird Super Bowl doesn't have a MV, since It was even supposed to be a title track. 

ITEM is also a personal favorite of them. It's Hyunjin's favorite song on the album and one of Lee Know/Han favorites. The members all love it. 

Maybe they tried to push these ones to have MVs, but JYP wanted to do for the softier ones. 

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

Not y’all falling for the bait by that misogynistic psycho.mp3 troll every time who keeps setting up aespa:ahh:

But of course the MYs in here wouldn’t care about that, since they would never miss an opportunity to attack TWICE :dies: Like that user is not one of y’all :lmao:

IKR Onces and MYs falls every time :spin: I know that user is having a big Kii in his basement.

1 minute ago, DelRey said:

Chile is a big kpop market, Aespa sold out their show in like 10 minutes.  

aespa was almost sold out here since the day the tickets opened. The last time I saw there was only vip package left. But It's expensive. 

The last five pages of Twice Vs Aespa:ahh:

TWICE should come to LATAM with Ready To Be Tour. They are missing a huge opportunity. :biblio:

1 minute ago, Mitsuki said:

TWICE should come to LATAM with Ready To Be Tour. They are missing a huge opportunity. :biblio:

They went to Mexico in 2019 while they hadn’t had a big fanbase there. This tour is a joke :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Is It SKZ's fandom really that big in Mexico?

Their stats in Mexico's streaming plataforms seem very impressive for K-pop standards, so I always had the impression they have one of their biggest following there. But I'd like to know the opinion of someone who lives in the country. 

SKZ are very big in Latin America in general especially in Mexico and Brazil from what I observed on the internet.

But their popularity in some other countries that surprised me are Russia and Turkey. The power they hold in those countries is kinda insane especially Russia. You will never escape any Russian comments under SKZ videos

• Like 1

Anyways SHINee returning to show your boys how to make Good Music

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

one of the BOYNEXTDOOR guys was wearing a sports bra on MCOUNTDOWN in case his crop top sweater accidentally showed a nip :deadbanana4:

I knew Teddy still had IT in him :jonny5:

• Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

The last time twice came to MEXICO they didn't sell out, there were still tickets for sale. 

Supposedly twice was going to come to Mexico in September but apparently it didn't happen. 

Even aespa hasn't sold out, there are too many tickets left for sale. 

While the Bgroups are selling out like hotcakes (and blackpink).

Thar txt single brttef just be a precursor to a new full length album. It's been two years already.

2 minutes ago, Satinhater said:

The last time twice came to MEXICO they didn't sell out, there were still tickets for sale. 

Supposedly twice was going to come to Mexico in September but apparently it didn't happen. 

But TWICE's fanbase is bigger and more solidified here than It was in 2019 (just like everywhere else outside Korea).

I really think now they would do  great. 

35 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Anyways SHINee returning to show your boys how to make Good Music

:clap3:

2 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

Is It SKZ's fandom really that big in Mexico?

Their stats in Mexico's streaming plataforms seem very impressive for K-pop standards, so I always had the impression they have one of their biggest following there. But I'd like to know the opinion of someone who lives in the country. 

Pretty much everyone is big in Latin America these days. That's why everyone is doing stadiums there ddd. 

I didn't know Taeyong wrote Ruby for his dog that died in 2020, Im crying  :gaycat6:  Its my favorite song of the mini.

Edited by DelRey
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

I'm glad they ditched the noisy trash they debuted with :clap3:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Satinhater said:

pls don’t put BP in this they had a higher revenue than Bad Bunny in Mexico. Their touring power is incomparable.

I need Le sserafim to announce world tour dates soon like what is the hold up :coffee2: