K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

22 minutes ago, Pinter said:

Delete this, miyeon is the only decent vocalist in the group the rest are just so so... Yuqi tone is very grating idk how she always end up getting many lines.. Minnie too she has such an unpleasant tone... 

Soojin actually has very distinctive and mature sexy voice.... Soyeon rapping is not my cup of tea giselle in her worst day >>>>

Shuha is just shuhua... 

Giselle has better vocal than the rest of the g idle sans miyeon... 

Ningning and winter are very different in vocal tone, ning is better vocalist but winter has distinctive voice and easy to recognise,  karina too, giselle too.. Only ning ning who actually serve best vocalist but has common tone... 

There's no denying that aespa is a much more powerful group in terms of vocal technicality. But that user you were replying to has made several points.

Gidle is a very diverse vocal group with different vocal tones. Aespa is very linear and there's nothing wrong with that.

And what you said about Minnie and Yuqi's tone is extremely subjective and biased. The same can be said about the girl in your avi and her piercing and GRATING high notes :)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4 week chart is indeed very interesting, especially the affects it has! Let’s see how these new songs performs after their removal.

36 minutes ago, Pinter said:

Delete this, miyeon is the only decent vocalist in the group the rest are just so so... Yuqi tone is very grating idk how she always end up getting many lines.. Minnie too she has such an unpleasant tone... 

Soojin actually has very distinctive and mature sexy voice.... Soyeon rapping is not my cup of tea giselle in her worst day >>>>

Shuha is just shuhua... 

Giselle has better vocal than the rest of the g idle sans miyeon... 

Ningning and winter are very different in vocal tone, ning is better vocalist but winter has distinctive voice and easy to recognise,  karina too, giselle too.. Only ning ning who actually serve best vocalist but has common tone... 

You gotta be kidding me lol

If there’s one thing Gidle is known for, it’s their highly unique vocal tones. And Yuqi and Minnie are not grating wtf :rip: Yuqi’s deep voice is literally a stan attractor in the group, so is Minnie’s airy transcendental heavenly tone. Miyeon is more technically sound than both of them everyone knows that, but that doesn’t mean Yuqi and Minnie are not capable singers on their own. There is a reason Minnie gets more lines than Miyeon lol. All in all, a very well rounded diverse group in terms of vocal tones. 

12 minutes ago, FACT said:

Their music sounds so good but their vocals :rip:

Boyjeans coming :cm:

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

rosé and jennie at cannes :WAP:

They’re gonna shut Cannes down! :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

20 minutes ago, FACT said:

this could be a disastuh

25 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

You gotta be kidding me lol

If there’s one thing Gidle is known for, it’s their highly unique vocal tones. And Yuqi and Minnie are not grating wtf :rip: Yuqi’s deep voice is literally a stan attractor in the group, so is Minnie’s airy transcendental heavenly tone. Miyeon is more technically sound than both of them everyone knows that, but that doesn’t mean Yuqi and Minnie are not capable singers on their own. There is a reason Minnie gets more lines than Miyeon lol. All in all, a very well rounded diverse group in terms of vocal tones. 

This.

I can easily tell which girl is singing.

While its so hard to tell different between the Aespa girlies.

And for me vocal tone is what made a star rather than the technique.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, katyberry said:

Just being associated with NewJeans:

#1 - Spicy 

:jonny: 

I kinda unironically love the new McGr-iddle song. The nonsensical english is SO them! :heart:

this choreography is the pits

hope they got fired

michael-jackson.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Errrrgh not feeling any of BoyJeans snippets

I'm so tired of seeing giant CELINE logos everywhere. like, get a grip.

the only CELINE I care about is Dion

michael-jackson.gif

Queens :clap3:

Miyeon is truly shining as the best most technically sound vocalist here

Minnie and Yuqi are amazing as always 

Soyeon obviously is the genius behind the songs (even though you can see the clear decline in quality after the 2021 songs lmao)

amd Shuhua basically being Soojin’s lines replacement lmaoo 

28 minutes ago, chiliam said:

This.

Karina has a unique vocal tone, u can instantly tell it's her :rip: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Harrier said:

G-idle may be lyrical terrorists but they are definitely one of the most talented 4th gen groups. What I like about them is that they all sound very distinct from one another. Plus Minnie, Yuqi and Miyeon are all decent vocalists in their own right.

I love Aespa but NN x Winter are mostly serving the same thing.

27 minutes ago, chiliam said:

This.

I agree heavily with the (G)-IDLE praise. Miyeon and YuQi play so well off of each other because they have such unique tones. Soyeon is also both unique in her rapping and singing and while Minnie isn’t very notable, she does have good range and power. Shuhua is there.

But your takes on Aespa have me wondering if you’re deaf. They’re one of the most distinctive 4th gen groups and super easy to tell apart. Winter and Ningning don’t sound anything alike. The groups that lack distinct vocal colors are NewJeans and LE SSERAFIM. When Sakura starts singing more, it’ll be better for LSF because, even though she’s not a great vocalist, she has a wildly different timbre than the other girls (probably because she’s so nasal). NewJeans just haven’t shown us enough vocally yet or sang a poppy song to let us see how different their tones are.

3 hours ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Wish someone would start a Soyeon bullying rumour and have her removed from the group :giraffe:

They tried that, but it has been refuted with quickeness by her parents. Homegirl is in B.I situation she didn't went to school.

we need waaaaaayy less conversation about Bang Me Chan's thoughts and opinions today

and more pictures of this pecs and arms :giraffe:

2 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

rosé and jennie at cannes :WAP:

Unfortunately,Not on the same day. Jennie is in Paris shooting for Chanel 

1 hour ago, 8thPrince said:

How many songs in the top 10 rn are less than two months old? It’s not 2011 anymore, Cupid will still be charting in July

Let’s hope! 

1 hour ago, FACT said:

they’re from Hybe ofc the vocals are going to be mediocre lol 

1 hour ago, FACT said:

lowkey serving B1A4 and Hot Chelle Rae

While people saying (G)I-DLE has the most unique tones, while I can agree but saying aespa serve the same thing and same tones and color is simply not true.

Each aespa members has their own flavors, the one with the :mrpeanut: most blandest voice :mrpeanut: is might be winter as she has the typical SM main vocalist type of vocals and even that you can tell her appart from the others.

• Like 1