K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

I'm visualizing Rose's solo stage :jonny4: with a live band, maybe bringing out a guest :jonny4: 

Earth will shift a bit that night I fear:jonny4:

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

The arguing over headlining an anti-lgbt festival, let blinks enjoy it (as if it's their last)!  :redface:

Serious talk now, there's 3-4 big names in the lineup for a reason idk why yall are taking it so seriously :gaycat3:

Their coachella set will probably be:

Pink Venom

Shut Down

LSG

HYTL

Extended mix of Solo + Money + OTG (maybe Jisoo solo if it actually happens)

Edited by Gaia

I actually feel out of all of Blackpink’s collaborators, Dua does seem like the obvious choice (with availability taken into consideration)

It’d make sense for both parties to do it, with both acts haven grown expeditiously since they last performed together back in 2019. “Blackpink brought out Dua Lipa as special guest for their Coachella set” reads as a headline in 2023 tbh 

5 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Their coachella set will probably be:

Pink Venom

Shut Down

LSG

HYTL

Extended mix of Solo + Money + OTG (maybe Jisoo solo if it actually happens)

they’re headlining, they’ll have time to do all their titles + solos + some fan faves like Forever Young

As the days go by, I’m more worried about what Moonlight Sunrise will sound like. The Feels was more suited for a Korean comeback yet they made it an English single, it’s a good thing it did well nonetheless :rip:

now I hope this one is actually suited for a global audience, but without losing that Twice flair of course. :coffee2:

8 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

they’re headlining, they’ll have time to do all their titles + solos + some fan faves like Forever Young

Oh ok, I don't know or care about Coachella at all. Figured even headlines got 20 minutes max lol. 

32 minutes ago, newaespa said:

Did TWICE performed in Coachella before?

I hear microphones need to be switched ON at Coachella, so it doesn't seem realistic.

3 hours ago, Gogetonthebus said:

Congratulations to the icons!!

Nnnnnn some other fandoms will have the microscopes OUT looking for any imperfections, any open space in the crowd, to use against them. That's what happen when you're the leader! 

So basically, exactly how blinks behaved towards aespa when they had their Coachella main stage performance. Interesting.

8 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

As the days go by, I’m more worried about what Moonlight Sunrise will sound like. The Feels was more suited for a Korean comeback yet they made it an English single, it’s a good thing it did well nonetheless :rip:

now I hope this one is actually suited for a global audience, but without losing that Twice flair of course. :coffee2:

:bird:

Allegedly miss Dahyun leaked part of it in october, I think you can hear Jihyo saying Moonlight Sunrise at around 0:10 :bam: 

4 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Oh ok, I don't know or care about Coachella at all. Figured even headlines got 20 minutes max lol. 

nah, it’s usually at least an hour. just checking real quick from what’s in my library Gaga had like an hour and a half for hers and Bey did almost two hours. tbh with the right arrangements they could probably do their entire discography :dies:

2 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

nah, it’s usually at least an hour. just checking real quick from what’s in my library Gaga had like an hour and a half for hers and Bey did almost two hours. tbh with the right arrangements they could probably do their entire discography :dies:

Why tf does anyone like these festivals. Who wants to stand all day :deadbanana4: And if you're only going to see the headliner just go to their concert :rip: 

How do they possibly fit all of those acts in one day with the headliner getting 1-2 hours :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

Why tf does anyone like these festivals. Who wants to stand all day :deadbanana4: And if you're only going to see the headliner just go to their concert :rip: 

How do they possibly fit all of those acts in one day with the headliner getting 1-2 hours :deadbanana2:

nnn that’s exactly why I’m not a festival person, im not about to stand outside all day to move to and from different stages to see the acts I like :dies:

but yeah big festivals like that have multiple stages on the grounds so people perform at the same time. imo it’s definitely not worth it if you don’t like at least a handful of the performers, so I just catch the livestreams when they’re available

Can’t stop listening to this :gaycatina1:

When will the new girls

13 minutes ago, Gaia said:

it's not about being a fan of the music anymore it's literally just TikTokers showing off their outfits at #Chella

rosé needs to do something about her hair asap so she can serve like this again :jonny5:

PINKchella!!!!!

:duca::duca::duca::duca:

I can finally be excited to talk about it

didn't wanna get my hopes up over the rumors and be disappointed

but biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch come through 

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

Now Wonyoung is also a meme….. truly an IT girl  :dies:

The way she could belt every note in the fifth register barely opening her mouth 👄 :wanda:

Aretha is shaking from the grave 

Expecting anything different other than a revised setlist & performance of their current tour is setting yourself up for disappointment, knowing YG’s history :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, newaespa said:

Did TWICE performed in Coachella before?

i think their fave, Katy Perry, who TWICE look up to her by talent, did not performed in Coachella too? :ducky:

you are not funny and your english is broken.

4 hours ago, xrosup said:

It's a hit! somewhere at least :toofunny3: Here's hoping this create some hype for their next japanese release on February

They've sold 42k just from back catalog. It's huge! And currently they have 4 albums charting inside Oricon's Top 50

Case 143 might have the effect Maniac had in China, but Japan this time. Let's see how well their first studio album will do. 

4 hours ago, xrosup said:

The funny thing is other people's fans hiding behind NJ :toofunny3:

My queen won't escape the token stans, I fear.