Billboard Charts (May 28-June 3, 2017)

iHype.

7 minutes ago, NEZ said:

Youre comparing a 4th single with no promo to a lead single by one of the biggest girl groups in the world.:cm:

When did Swish become a fourth single? 

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoMythologies

• simmnfierzig

• slw84

• QueenofCopyPaste

19 minutes ago, NEZ said:

Youre comparing a 4th single with no promo to a lead single by one of the biggest girl groups in the world.:cm:

*2nd single ;)

BA was an Easter promo single.  Rise was an Olympic promo single.  

14 minutes ago, H-I-M said:

When did Swish become a fourth single? 

When rise became the lead.:cm:

56 minutes ago, NEZ said:

You mean a 3rd single with SNL and Carpool Karaoke promo?

butterflysupreme
2 hours ago, NumbFentyStan said:

Disappointing for all of them tbh...

Hopefully Katy will rise up though, she's been doing pretty well this era in the UK!

She really hasn't... but losing the UK is very difficult, once you flop there it's nearly impossible to have major sucess again.

butterflysupreme
48 minutes ago, Miles. said:

*2nd single ;)

BA was an Easter promo single.  Rise was an Olympic promo single.  

Easter promo single :ahh:

When it has a high budget video, many performances and was sent to radio. Sure Jan.

19 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

You mean a 3rd single with SNL and Carpool Karaoke promo?

I said whay i said. If you dont like it, you can catch me in SYG.:cm:

22 minutes ago, butterflysupreme said:

Easter promo single :ahh:

When it has a high budget video, many performances and was sent to radio. Sure Jan.

Yes. Gaga started the Easter intermission single trend with Judas. #themoreyouknow

1 hour ago, alfonso12 said:

This.

PILLWOTALK - #1

I Don't Wanna Live Forever - #2

Sign of the Times - #4

This Town - #20

Strip That Down - #42

Just Hold On - #52

Slow Hands - #52

Outpeaked them not only with one song but with two. :cm:

The saddest thing is Harry has already outsold Zayn two weeks in..... :dies: You don't want us to do the financial comparions, do you?

4 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

The saddest thing is Harry has already outsold Zayn two weeks in..... :dies: You don't want us to do the financial comparions, do you?

Mmm well I actually couldn't care less cause I don't stan for any of them. :cm: Let's say they are even considering that Zayn didn't even promote the album.

10 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

It's not sad, tho? Like maybe if Harry hits 500k (1-2m the way y'all have been boasting about his 190k open with an 80% drop) at some point it'll be a bit of a curb stump, but I don't see the sad in Zayn getting hit singles. The other three aren't going to do any better, Harry ~might be able to have a decent follow-up (prob no more hits off HS) but Zayn will always have the two major hits (TS included or not).

Edited by Rico Shameless v2

3 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

It's not sad, tho? Like maybe if Harry hits 500k (1-2m the way y'all have been boasting about his 190k open with an 80% drop) at some point it'll be a bit of a curb stump, but I don't see the sad in Zayn getting hit singles. The other three aren't going to do any better, Harry ~might be able to have a decent follow-up (prob no more hits off HS) but Zayn will always have the two major hits (TS included or not).

Not at all. I'm a firm believer in the long-game and work ethic, which is why Kelly had a larger, debut #1 hit w/ Dilemma, but did not plan out her album roll-out like Beyoncé did. This is also part of the reason why Bey has lasted 20 years.

I feel Harry and Liam will continue to grow and stay w/ music, Niall will go more into soccer (owning teams, etc), Louis will become a prolific songwriter, and Zayn ......... no clue.

not a "terrible" debut for Camila!! 

5 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Not at all. I'm a firm believer in the long-game and work ethic, which is why Kelly had a larger, debut #1 hit w/ Dilemma, but did not plan out her album roll-out like Beyoncé did. This is also part of the reason why Bey has lasted 20 years.

I feel Harry and Liam will continue to grow and stay w/ music, Niall will go more into soccer (owning teams, etc), Louis will become a prolific songwriter, and Zayn ......... no clue.

The way Liam has started doesn't show promise for his future, if we're following trend of how ex-members careers play out. He might be a low rent Olly or fizzle out like Shayne Ward tbh. We'll see. And he was my second most anticipated after Zayn, as I knew Harry would go the route he did. Fortunately, his album is really good. I just don't see him finding a footing despite a great debut. I stand by Niall/Louis also never going far. Zayn will be the one to stick to music the hardest, and has the biggest chance to always kind of comeback. How he manages to promote and stay visible is a whole 'nother issue.

Edited by Rico Shameless v2

4 hours ago, NumbFentyStan said:

Disappointing for all of them tbh...

Hopefully Katy will rise up though, she's been doing pretty well this era in the UK!

Well until BA/SS. 

Its pretty telling that the songs are at fault since they're flopping in the countries CTTR did great in. If only she released Goddess. 

Edited by Otter

24K Magic was robbed :rip:

What were the albums that blocked it? It'll probably outsell both in the US smh

TWIL did wonders for the albums longevity so I'm hoping VOTF can pull through and take the album well into the summer and fall.

I am so sad about Bad Liar and Selena is completely ignoring it :!ohno:

1 minute ago, Otter said:

Well until BA/SS. 

Its pretty telling that the songs are at fault since they're flopping in the countries CTTR did great in. If only she released Goddess. 

IDK what Katy and her team were thinking. They're releasing all the Urban influenced music with featured rappers but I honestly think a good pop song much to the vain of her previous work would have been a much better choice. If the US didn't pick up certainly some countries in EU would've.

Katy and Nicki together in a song and all they could achieve was a #46?

1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

IDK what Katy and her team were thinking. They're releasing all the Urban influenced music with featured rappers but I honestly think a good pop song much to the vain of her previous work would have been a much better choice. If the US didn't pick up certainly some countries in EU would've.

This would be flop proof in the UK, I assure you :jonny: 

5 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

24K Magic was robbed :rip:

What were the albums that blocked it? It'll probably outsell both in the US smh

TWIL did wonders for the albums longevity so I'm hoping VOTF can pull through and take the album well into the summer and fall.

One of them was Metallica, not sure about the other one.

5 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

The way Liam has started doesn't show promise for his future, if we're following trend of how ex-members careers play out. He might be a low rent Olly or fizzle out like Shayne Ward tbh. We'll see. And he was my second most anticipated after Zayn, as I knew Harry would go the route he did. Fortunately, his album is really good. I just don't see him finding a footing despite a great debut. I stand by Niall/Louis also never going far. Zayn will be the one to stick to music the hardest, and has the biggest chance to always kind of comeback. How he manages to promote and stay visible is a whole 'nother issue.

When it's all said and done Harry will have the biggest and most successful career, he'll sell the most albums and perform to the biggest crowds. He'll also always score a hit here and there, I see Zayn's success very much limited to singles but anything could happen.

Liam and Louis are fathers now and career isn't always going to be #1 for them, they also released very weak singles. Liam went the whole, ex pop boy band member now Urban collaborating with rappers and it's tired and played out. Louis decided to release an EDM single straight out of 2011 and the GP wasn't here for it.

Niall is a poor man's Ed Sheeran without any authenticity.

Harry and Zayn are the only ones going anywhere and it's shows as they've been the ones to score actual hits and Garner hype for their releases.

1 minute ago, Otter said:

This would be flop proof in the UK, I assure you :jonny: 

She flopped, panicked and lost herself in the process, hopefully it's only temporary. I haven't counted Katy out yet.

Lauren Duski :clap3: