Atlantis Resort In Dubai confirms Beyoncé 2023 concert

bijonse

21 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

Maybe she's performing old records rather than ones from RENAISSANCE.

She’s def not performing anything new. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yonsé

• bijonse

• Lovett

• OnMyCoolJ

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

Your fave despises you. She’d rather perform for rich Emirati princes than her own fans. :sistrens:

I’m not an idiot and I don’t expect to be best friends with a popstar I’ve never met :sistrens:

18 minutes ago, Thor said:

My fave had the decency and the critical thunking skills to actually apologize and remove the song from all platforms when called out meanwhile your fave has been called out countless times for her problematic behavior but continues to ignore it for quick checks. 

FUME, dummy. :lmao: 

That was years after she doubled down when people asked her why she was working with him in the first place, years after his first child sex abuse criminal trial.

but go off sis

Edited by yonsé

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Liddos will continue to remind you dummies how bottom of the barrel your fave will get for a quick check. 

Hopefully someone releases a few clips of your fave shaking her ass for the rich Emirati princes so the Hives can finally see their fave perform.

spacer.png

It's funny you would call someone bottom of the barrel with such a post. 

There's something to always count on with you guys is just how profoundly distributed and disgusting you can be. 

I guess that's exactly what your fave was when she performed for rich people too. Maybe that's why you felt the need to stoop so low. 

2 hours ago, yonsé said:

That’s literally exactly how it works.

you guys here live in this weird bubble like rich and famous people need to be global humanitarians. It has NEVER worked that way.

Beyoncé has ALWAYS been about being paid. I’ve been following her since 1997. Just because it’s something that y’all find distasteful doesn’t change what her job is.

She, as an ARTIST, is about empowerment and blackness. So she uses her art to express that. But she has no moral obligation to yall to be Princess Diana and only brush shoulders with poor children and charity organizations.

And everyone in here is saying I’m “defending” her, which is hilarious. just because I’m not self righteous about this. Y’all are a joke fr fr 

No, youre just displaying a lack critical thinking skills and are completely ignoring the actual content of people's posts.

Firstly you're failing to grasp that people can be critical of a celebrity or any person, even though they're not our friends or a politician. Them not being a "humanitarian" really is a non statement and doesn't excuse anyone from criticism, so instead of replying to every critical post with hot air, just say you personally dont care and leave it at that...

Secondly Beyonce has blatantly lost dozens of millions by skipping out on commercial opportunities to which don't adhere to her artistic vision, values and/or priorities, so you now reducing her to someone who just dances for a buck is hilarious...  whether it's dozens upon dozens of promo spots she skips, basic use of social media or taking actions/ making music which alienate white audiences, it pretty wild to be a fan and equally be so reductive. Of course she likes money, but she also carefully navigates where and how she gets it.

Lastly Bey and her team, are just human and make misjudgement all the time. So you're getting way ahead of yourself by assuming she has full context and just done this because she dances when rich men throw money at her regardless of the context 

Likely this deal was struck before the World Cup, Prior to the world cup this would draw only a fraction of the controversy it risks now. The notion against performing in states with homophobic laws is not really a staple liberal discorse until very recently (And I think it's a slippery slope), as I said before in other posts, Dubai is one of the worlds biggest holiday destinations for millennials of any political leaning. So again, I dont think her/her team would of even approached this deal with the same optics ATRL are doing so now. Hell they didn't even pick up "Sp*z" was going to be a problem in Heated despite Lizzo's sitch months before Rennaisance launched.

Edited by Otter

7 minutes ago, Otter said:

No, youre just displaying a lack critical thinking skills and are completely ignoring the actual content of people's posts.

Firstly you're failing to grasp that people can be critical of a celebrity or any person, even though they're not our friends or a politician. Them not being a "humanitarian" really is a non statement and doesn't excuse anyone from criticism, so instead of replying to every critical post with hot air, just say you personally dont care and leave it at that...

Secondly Beyonce has blatantly lost dozens of millions by skipping out on commercial opportunities to adhere to her artistic vision, values and/or priorities, so you now reducing her to someone who just dances for a buck is hilarious...  whether it's dozens upon dozens of promo spots she skips, basic use of social media or taking actions/ making music which alienate white audiences, it pretty wild to be a fan and equally be so reductive. Of course she likes money, but she also carefully navigates where and how she gets it.

Lastly Bey and her team, are just human and make misjudgement all the time. So you're getting way ahead of yourself by assuming she has full context and just done this because she dances when rich men throw money at her regardless of the context 

Likely this deal was struck before the World Cup, Prior to the world cup this would draw only a fraction of the controversy it risks now. The notion against performing in states with homophobic laws is not really a staple liberal discorse until very recently (And I think it's a slippery slope), as I said before in other posts, Dubai is one of the worlds biggest holiday destinations for millennials of any political leaning. So again, I dont think her/her team would of even approached this deal with the same optics ATRL are doing so now. Hell they didn't even pick up "Sp*z" was going to be a problem in Heated despite Lizzo's sitch months before Rennaisance launched.

Again. It is her job to perform for people who pay her to do so. You just did a bunch of dissertation writing to say that sometimes she’s picky about the deals she takes. Okay cool. You said she would never just advertise something that doesn’t adhere to her vision, but she also just put up an ad for $70 olive oil on her socials. So she literally is still doing what you’re saying…taking deals for the cash. Because I’m not sure what tennis shoes and olive oil have to do with Beyoncé’s artistry.

I also doubt these commercial opportunities you speak of were offering her $20 million for 45 minutes of what she does BEST, which is not hocking olive oil or Ivy Park.

Nowhere did I say you cant criticize Beyoncé for the choices she makes. But the outrage of her going there for HER JOB (SINGING) is stupid, because she’s simply doing her job. And I’m allowed to share that opinion.

She’s not a politician so she has no moral obligation to stand with your belief system. 

Edited by yonsé

2 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Again. It is her job to perform for people who pay her to do so. You just did a bunch of dissertation writing to say that sometimes she’s picky about the deals she takes. Okay cool. You said she would never just advertise something that doesn’t adhere to her vision, but she also just put up an ad for $70 olive oil on her socials. So she literally is still doing what you’re saying…taking deals for the cash. Because I’m not sure what tennis shoes and olive oil have to do with Beyoncé’s artistry.

I also doubt these commercial opportunities you speak of were offering her $20 million for 45 minutes of what she does BEST, which is not hocking olive oil or Ivy Park.

Nowhere did I say you cant criticize Beyoncé for the choices she makes. But the outrage of her going there for HER JOB (SINGING) is stupid, because she’s simply doing her job. And I’m allowed to share that opinion.

She’s not a politician so she has no moral obligation to stand with your belief system. 

Now you're just being intentionally daft and clearly missing the point. And you're still running around ending posts with hot nonsense like that last sentence. "She’s not a politician so she has no moral obligation to stand with your belief system" literally no one in here is saying she has to...but they can express disappointment when she doesn't, just as they can celebrate her when she does.  

8 minutes ago, Otter said:

Now you're just being intentionally daft and clearly missing the point. And you're still running around ending posts with hot nonsense like that last sentence. "She’s not a politician so she has no moral obligation to stand with your belief system" literally no one in here is saying she has to...but they can express disappointment when she doesn't, just as they can celebrate her when she does.  

You all are feeling VERY righteous about the choices she makes as if she has to do so at the best interest of the people. My statement is to say she is not governed by what y’all think. That’s for all of the people who think they’re “owed” something from her just because she dropped an album and they bought it. She can take a $20 million check for a private concert, that doesn’t make her this supervillain everyone is painting her as. She’s…like I said a million times before, doing her job.

Edited by yonsé

2 minutes ago, yonsé said:

You all are feeling VERY righteous about the choices she makes as if she has to do so at the best interest of the people. My statement is to say she is not governed by what y’all think. That’s for all of the people who think they’re “owed” something from her just because she dropped an album and they bought it. She can take a $20 million check for a private concert, that doesn’t make her this supervillain everyone is painting her as. She’s…like I said a million times before, doing her job.

You're still missing the point :deadbanana4:

No one is calling her a super villain... please allow some nuance into your mind and the discussion. My point which you were very reductive to, was that she obviously navigates many values and priorities which is why she has made so many nonsense career moves which has cost her way more than 20m in the long run. You want to flatten the conversation to "she's a popstar, she'll do anything for money" and that's simply not the reality. She would of made of a few million at a mere click of a button and having formation (the single) available as purchase (way less effort then preparing and performing a whole show in dubai), but she didn't and gave it away for free... Now that we've established your forced binary of ultimate capitalist popstar vs humantarian doesn't exist, let people engage with their personal feelings about where her principles/priorities bend and twist, Beyonce doesn't need you instead barking at everyone "she's not a politician".... like okay, no one cares lol.

You're probably telling yourself that you're just being the cool, collected voice of reason... But just ask yourself, how many artists would you feel the need to present this defence for anytime their actions/choices were under scrutiny on atrl? Outside of Beyonce its probably none 

38 minutes ago, Otter said:

You're still missing the point :deadbanana4:

No one is calling her a super villain... please allow some nuance into your mind and the discussion. My point which you were very reductive to, was that she obviously navigates many values and priorities which is why she has made so many nonsense career moves which has cost her way more than 20m in the long run. You want to flatten the conversation to "she's a popstar, she'll do anything for money" and that's simply not the reality. She would of made of a few million at a mere click of a button and having formation (the single) available as purchase (way less effort then preparing and performing a whole show in dubai), but she didn't and gave it away for free... Now that we've established your forced binary of ultimate capitalist popstar vs humantarian doesn't exist, let people engage with their personal feelings about where her principles/priorities bend and twist, Beyonce doesn't need you instead barking at everyone "she's not a politician".... like okay, no one cares lol.

You're probably telling yourself that you're just being the cool, collected voice of reason... But just ask yourself, how many artists would you feel the need to present this defence for anytime their actions/choices were under scrutiny on atrl? Outside of Beyonce its probably none 

You’ve done nothing but call me names in this thread (“daft”, “reductive”, “lacking thinking skills”) while telling me that I’m wrong for simply pointing out why Beyoncé would choose to play a private concert.

You decided to bring up her career moves as a defense, to which I gave you examples of how her career moves are not always guided by strategy. Sometimes, like Formation, she wants to make a statement. Other times, she’d rather take a quick buck for an Olive Oil ad or an Indian wedding. And now all of a sudden she is a monster for doing this hotel opening, when she literally did a hotel opening in 2009 in Atlantic City. But because this one isn’t for fans, everyone is pissed.

You are saying that “no one is calling her a supervillain” but literally go back and read the earlier posts in this thread. There is a moral high horse everyone is on, saying she’s “stealing” from gays and then going to a “homophobic country” and how horrible that is when she hasn’t done a performance for the public yet and that they’re owed one from her. But they aren’t because she isn’t a person of the people.

You can have whatever opinion you want. But I’m also allowed to point out that she’s gonna keep doing private concerts and there’s nothing wrong with her doing them. And you can keep calling me dumb for pointing it out, but I don’t care because at the end of the day Beyoncé is still gonna do that show :rip:

37 minutes ago, RockStarShit101 said:

so? some of you need a hobby   

I came in here to talk **** about Beyonce but stumbled into English lit 101 with all these essays. Woof!

6 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

You sound stupid. I should've known better.

6 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

You sound stupid. I should've known better.

Lorde was going to perform in israel for her fans but she knew better 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/dec/25/lorde-cancels-israel-concert-after-pro-palestinian-campaign

7 minutes ago, gatito said:

Lorde was going to perform in israel for her fans but she knew better 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/dec/25/lorde-cancels-israel-concert-after-pro-palestinian-campaign

Are you really comparing Dubai to...Apartheid Israel where Palestinians are facing an active and ongoing ethnic cleansing there? From stupid to stupider. 

33 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Are you really comparing Dubai to...Apartheid Israel where Palestinians are facing an active and ongoing ethnic cleansing there? From stupid to stupider. 

from the reactions in this thread beyoncé might as well be performing in hell for satan himself

my point is, those dubai fans are still part of the problem so gaga is not completely off the hook :coffee2:

6 minutes ago, gatito said:

from the reactions in this thread beyoncé might as well be performing in hell for satan himself

my point is, those dubai fans are still part of the problem so gaga is not completely off the hook :coffee2:

"those dubai fans are part of the problem" oh please shut the **** up.

My whole point was that Beyonce performing in Dubai is not a problem itself. It's the fact that she's doing this only for the rich elites. She just should have done it for her fans there as part of the Renaissance Tour. 

But once again, you just want to use the LGBTQ+ community there for a quick lil drag because you're too unbiased and OGH'd to think

Edited by State of Grace.

24 minutes ago, gatito said:

oh my :skull:

Saying the dumbest **** for the sake of dragging Gaga :toofunny2:

OT: It’s always the western people playing moralizers, the irony of it all :toofunny3:

So no outrage for Kylie Minogue performing at the same venue on NYE? 

s h o c k i n g :rofl:

4 hours ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

Madonna performed for her fans (as part of her world tour) not in a private event for wealthy rich men.

57 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Madonna performed for her fans (as part of her world tour) not in a private event for wealthy rich men.

She performed there knowing the politics and she owns a luxury mansion there likely build by underpaid mistreated migrant workers. 

if bey is being nailed to the crossed. Everyone will follow suit. 

2 hours ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

She performed there knowing the politics and she owns a luxury mansion there likely build by underpaid mistreated migrant workers. 

if bey is being nailed to the crossed. Everyone will follow suit. 

This lie! Madonna has only stepped foot there once for the MDNA tour and never went back. Why would she own a “luxury mansion” there? Madonna owns property in London, NYC, Hamptons, Miami and Los Angeles which are the cities she spends  most of her time at 

19 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

This lie! Madonna has only stepped foot there once for the MDNA tour and never went back. Why would she own a “luxury mansion” there? Madonna owns property in London, NYC, Hamptons, Miami and Los Angeles which are the cities she spends  most of her time at 

Tyra Mail:

https://emirateswoman.com/celebrities-you-didnt-know-had-homes-in-dubai/

LOL BeySeason never truly ends.

See you gorls on the Rena tour!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.