• Erreur2 La Nature

• simmnfierzig

SOS era now has 4 top ten singles!

#4 Kill Bill

#7 I hate U

#9 Good Days

#10 Nobody gets me 

1 minute ago, DemDam92 said:

Can we notice that Mariah had a song being at least 10 weeks at #1 in THREE different decades.

:giraffe:

And the first two were Songs of the Decade in their respective decades

19 minutes ago, bad guy said:

If this was released before or after the Xmas spam she’d have a #1 song and multiple Top 10 debuts :redface:

but she did have multiple top 10 debuts

“While the former’s sum of raw streams is the week’s fourth-highest, the song tops the chart due to the application of weighting

Huh, I wonder if it’s been this drastic before. #4 in total streams but #1 in streaming formula.

Edited by fridayteenage

4 minutes ago, Tigerriot said:

And none for Shirt! :fan:

Blind will probably join Shirt as #11 peaks.

52 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Who had the second biggest streaming week: Drake or Harry?

Drake I’m pretty sure?

1. Midnights

2. Her Loss

3. SOS

1 hour ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

The girls were trying to say that Summer was bigger when Still Over It dropped :rip:

Which still made no sense even then since Summer hasn't had an album as big as CTRL or had the hits SZA's had either :santa:

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

“While the former’s sum of raw streams is the week’s fourth-highest, the song tops the chart due to the application of weighting

Huh, I wonder if it’s been this drastic before. #4 in total streams but #1 in streaming formula.

Blind, Low, and Shirt would have all gone Top 10 if this wasn't Xmas season so she could have had 7 Top 10's :santa:

It's crazy how just a few years ago, we always talked about how Mariah would need the tracking week to line up with Christmas perfectly to maybe go #1 for a week, and now she effortlessly spends multiple weeks at #1 each year :toofunny2:

2 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Who had the second biggest streaming week: Drake or Harry?

Drake, Harry isn't that big.

“Christmas” drew 41.4 million streams (up 14%) and 33.1 million radio airplay audience impressions (up 11%) and sold 11,000 downloads (up 86%) in the U.S. in the Dec. 9-15 tracking week, according to Luminate.

Brenda Lee’s “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” originally released in 1958, keeps at its No. 2 Hot 100 high, with 40.9 million streams (up 19%), 26.7 million in radio airplay audience (up 2%) and 5,000 sold (up 4%).

0.5 million difference between the two classics, a very very close gap, which is super impressive for Mrs Lee.

Last year...

Carey’s “Christmas” drew 37.6 million U.S. streams (up 16%) and 26.1 million radio airplay audience impressions (up 7%) and sold 7,400 downloads (up 7%) in the Dec. 10-16 tracking week, according to MRC Data.

Brenda Lee’s “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” originally released in 1958, rises 3-2 on the Hot 100, returning to its high reached in each of the last two holiday seasons. It dances merrily with 19.8 million in radio airplay audience (up 7%), 35.8 million streams (up 19%) and 5,900 sold (down 3%).

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/mariah-carey-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you-hot-100-number-one-dec-25-2021-1235012982/

The gap was 1.8 million around the same time of the year.

Unlike what some lambs have falsely stated, Mrs Lee's classic is actually gaining ground over Mimi's.

A lot of streaks come to an end this week: 

Lil Baby's questionable tone won't be missed, but aw we surely will with Miss Doja. Such a huge streak. :clap3: 

4 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Its not bigger than UVST or Midnights :gaycat6:

Might get #3 of albums released in 2022. We will see

Whoops, meant female

3 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

0.5 million difference between the two classics, a very very close gap, which is super impressive for Mrs Lee.

Last year...

Unlike what some lambs have falsely stated, Mrs Lee's classic is actually gaining ground over Mimi's.

But also fairly big airplay and sales gaps. Maybe next year for Miss Lee

6 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Christmas streams are so weird

6 hours ago, bad guy said:

If this was released before or after the Xmas spam she’d have a #1 song and multiple Top 10 debuts :redface:

I have faith Kill Bill will have legs like Bad Habit and eventually go #1.

Kill Bill might be #1 in 3 weeks after Mariah. There isnt strong competition 

16 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Christmas streams are so weird

They're massive, but also very driven by Amazon Alexa (primarily). When users ask the smart speaker to play Christmas music, a Christmas "station" starts to play, those streams (I believe) count as "programmed" streams the same way Pandora does.

7 hours ago, sugarysunflower said:

And the first two were Songs of the Decade in their respective decades

Per GOAT BB now ranks How Do I Live as #1 of the 90s. OSD is in the Top 5 or 10 for 90s but not #1 now. We Belong Together remains #1 for the 00s though. 

4 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

Last year...

But I was told multiple times this week that Mariah will stomp on Brenda and how the HDD numbers were not giving a full picture :dies:

5 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

Last year...

Cherry-picking stats does not make that true.

December 28th, 2021:

Carey’s “Christmas,” on Columbia Records/Legacy Recordings, drew 47.5 million U.S. streams (up 26%) and 32 million radio airplay audience impressions (up 25%, good for top Airplay Gainer honors on the Hot 100) and sold 8,100 downloads (up 9%) in the Dec. 17-23 tracking week, according to MRC Data.

Brenda Lee’s “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” originally released in 1958, keeps at No. 2 (47.5 million streams, up 33%, as it wins the Hot 100’s top Streaming Gainer award)

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/mariah-carey-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you-tops-hot-100-ronettes-sleigh-ride-1235014113/

They had the same exact amount of streams - Brenda was even the top gainer that week. 

In trends overall this year, Mariah has outperformed her previous years' streams by 30% while tracking at about the same distance from Brenda (about 19 points in the last couple of weeks). 

Edited by suburbannature

47 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

But I was told multiple times this week that Mariah will stomp on Brenda and how the HDD numbers were not giving a full picture :dies:

It is always funny to see people so mad at Mariah's achievements. AWIFCIU is the bigger hit in the US by a very good margin. And worldwide? It is not even a contest at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.