Hot 100: Mariah's AIWFCIY #1 for 9th week; Oldest female artist to go #1 +new records

suburbannature

oh, so metro would be 1 if not xmas, poor them

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• Literature

• slw84

• hector.adriel

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mitsouko said:

The age record is irrelevant considering the song is from half her life ago :rip:

A record is a record.

47 minutes ago, Literature said:

yeah christmas season + to a lesser extent streaming has watered down the impressiveness of several big records and will only get worse from here on out....at this rate all the hot 100 records will belong to christmas songs in no time :rip:

I guess AIWFCIY should stop being the biggest female song ever to save these records for someone else then. :gaycat1:

3 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Those records should belong to Kate Bush. Running Up That Hill was robbed.

I agree but US was tasteless and chose to keep As It Was at #1.

Anyways, Mariah is the Queen of Christmas and Billboard. :gaygacat4:

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

I guess AIWFCIY should stop being the biggest female song ever to save these records for someone else then. :gaycat1:

No they should just make a distinction between holiday songs and regular songs. Like they do for female artists and male artists. If not Mariah, then Brenda would end up with the biggest song ever. Or someone else. It's lame

20 minutes ago, Literature said:

No they should just make a distinction between holiday songs and regular songs. Like they do for female artists and male artists. If not Mariah, then Brenda would end up with the biggest song ever. Or someone else. It's lame

Brenda doesn't even come close to AIWFCIY in overall consumption, particularly globally. Be serious. 

Charts track consumption. These are the most consumed songs this week. It's that simple despite the gymnastics from certain fans of artists who tried and failed to have timeless Xmas songs. 

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Charts track consumption. These are the most consumed songs this week. It's that simple despite the gymnastics from certain fans of artists who tried and failed to have timeless Xmas songs. 

That's wonderful but how does that change what I said as if i don't already know all this :rip: 

All ur takes reek of insecurity about Mariah's success or whatever, you can't even see everyone's complaints for what they are :rip:

Maybe Christmas flooding the charts is fun for you, but most people hate seeing the charts ruined every year. It's a problem way deeper than just AIWFCIY and it ruins Billboards relevance and reputation lol

2 minutes ago, Literature said:

That's wonderful but how does that change what I said as if i don't already know all this :rip: 

All ur takes reek of insecurity about Mariah's success or whatever, you can't even see everyone's complaints for what they are :rip:

Maybe Christmas flooding the charts is fun for you, but most people hate seeing the charts ruined every year. It's a problem way deeper than just AIWFCIY and it ruins Billboards relevance and reputation lol

And again: charts track consumption. This was the most consumed song this week.

Take it up with the GP. 

And again: charts track consumption. This was the most consumed song this week.

Take it up with the GP. 

You always make these threads and then when people post any opinion about the charts that you cannot interpret as praising mariah you tell them to leave and complain to the gp or some dismissive nonanswer. its very clear most people are tired of billboards tracking methods and want rule changes, but you already know that...

whats even the point of making the thread :rip:

Edited by Literature

12 minutes ago, Literature said:

You always make these threads and then when people post any opinion about the charts that you cannot interpret as praising mariah you tell them to leave and complain to the gp or some dismissive nonanswer. its very clear most people are tired of billboards tracking methods and want rule changes, but you already know that...

whats even the point of making the thread :rip:

Are these “most people” in the room with us right now?

Are these “most people” in the room with us right now?

No. Right now its just me and you :yum:

3 hours ago, Literature said:

why is that insane? its already like the biggest hit ever

insane in a good way sis, I’m the first one rooting for this song :duca:

5 hours ago, Sadie Saxton said:

It just occurred to me that Mariah’s going to eventually get her longest #1 crown back with this song :dies:. Deserved though.

I feel like billboard might change their formula bc of this

4 hours ago, hector.adriel said:

So she’ll end up at 12 weeks at #1 this year. This is absolutely insane, at this rate she’ll have the longest running #1 of all time by 2025.

It's arguably the so biggest song of all time, so it should deserve at least 20+ weeks at #1

Anoyher year, another record :clap:

7 hours ago, Havoc said:

Mariah is 52. Not 53.

Not you going by her play age. That's the lie told to market her as a teen debut at "19"

Legend aging at #1 with grace.:gaycat1:

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Not you going by her play age. That's the lie told to market her as a teen debut at "19"

There's actually some discrepancy with the validity of that newspaper article found by some random person who just happens to be a big j lo stan. We have some lambs looking into the matter. Her mother seems to yes in deed be telling the truth on her age in that Oprah interview. 

DkxCNIVVsAAYcxO.jpg

I love that Mariah is pretty likely to get her longest running #1 record back :ahh:Queen of having the last laugh

Back where a Queen belongs! At #1! 

The GP from generation a to z LOVE this song and you all in here can continue to seethe. 

Coming for 30 Millions streams on spotify december 25th :sistrens:

7 hours ago, Touchdown said:

There's actually some discrepancy with the validity of that newspaper article found by some random person who just happens to be a big j lo stan. We have some lambs looking into the matter. Her mother seems to yes in deed be telling the truth on her age in that Oprah interview. 

DkxCNIVVsAAYcxO.jpg

countess-vaughn-moesha.gif

9 hours ago, Touchdown said:

DkxCNIVVsAAYcxO.jpg

Discrepancy, where? She’s 53 :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.