Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

7 hours ago, holyground13 said:

Just wondering because I became a fan of Janet in summer 2016: were those dates performing significantly poor?

I would say only 20-30% of the tickets were sold after a few months passed by, I remembered that I was kinda scared the tour would cancel(and indeed it was and they don't bother to reprise the European leg after touring with SOTW twice in the state……)

Anyhow, things work out great, I think the documentary and the appearances in festivals did do some good to her legacy, big time!

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, KKKIMO92 said:

I would say only 20-30% of the tickets were sold after a few months passed by, I remembered that I was kinda scared the tour would cancel(and indeed it was and they don't bother to reprise the European leg after touring with SOTW twice in the state……)

Anyhow, things work out great, I think the documentary and the appearances in festivals did do some good to her legacy, big time!

God I hope these dates are well received and she can tour Europe regularly. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, holyground13 said:

Just wondering because I became a fan of Janet in summer 2016: were those dates performing significantly poor?

6 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbreakable_World_Tour_(Janet_Jackson_tour)

Looking at the list of European countries Live Nation planned for her for the Unbreakable tour, there was a number of Eastern European countries Janet had never toured before that was on the list, which was a head scratcher considering some of those countries Janet had never really had any music success in. I mean Czech Republic, Estonia, Lithuania?

But over on the Janet.club forums, someone posted awhile back that they recalled the (I think) London and Paris dates were selling decently while most other dates were doing poorly. The cancellation of the European dates was done about 3-4 weeks before it was due to begin in late March 2016. As far as February 2016 Janet posted a video on her youtube channel with the intention of playing in London.

Then in early March 2016, Ticketmaster announced for the European leg some dates were "postponed" due to "scheduling difficulties" but ticket buyers were being refunded, which often meant a cancellation. Media started claiming it was poor sales but Live Nation denied it, although most die hard fans knew it was really that.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/did-janet-jackson-cancel-european-tour-dates-because-of-paltry-ticket-sales/34531194.html

Then in early April 2016 she posted a video again on her youtube channel announcing she was ordered by her doctor to rest as she was planning to have a family/baby with her then controlling husband and had to also postpone the 2nd US leg of the Unbreakable tour. Remember she was close to turning 50 at this point, so it was a high risk pregnancy but also probably her last chance to have a baby. 

There were rumors back then that Janet and her ex-husband (Wissam) were trying to have a child for a number of years, mostly as to give him an heir to his billion dollar business empire, but failed many times even after trying IVF, injections and such (as Janet said so herself in her documentary). Her having the high chance to finally get pregnant just came at an inconvenient time while she was in the middle of a tour. Looking back now, I see it was a great decision she made for herself to finally to be able have a child but can understand it definitely inconvenienced a lot of the European & US fans.

She has since made up for the US fans multiple times now with multiple tours, and now she will hopefully and most likely make it up for the European fans with the Together Again tour...even if there is poor sales/non sold out shows as we saw with the Philippines show in Manila.

• Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Looking at the list of European countries Live Nation planned for her for the Unbreakable tour, there was a number of Eastern European countries Janet had never toured before that was on the list, which was a head scratcher considering some of those countries Janet had never really had any music success in. I mean Czech Republic, Estonia, Lithuania?

But over on the Janet.club forums, someone posted awhile back that they recalled the (I think) London and Paris dates were selling decently while most other dates were doing poorly. The cancellation of the European dates was done about 3-4 weeks before it was due to begin in late March 2016. As far as February 2016 Janet posted a video on her youtube channel with the intention of playing in London.

Then in early March 2016, Ticketmaster announced for the European leg some dates were "postponed" due to "scheduling difficulties" but ticket buyers were being refunded, which often meant a cancellation. Media started claiming it was poor sales but Live Nation denied it, although most die hard fans knew it was really that.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/did-janet-jackson-cancel-european-tour-dates-because-of-paltry-ticket-sales/34531194.html

Then in early April 2016 she posted a video again on her youtube channel announcing she was ordered by her doctor to rest as she was planning to have a family/baby with her then controlling husband and had to also postpone the 2nd US leg of the Unbreakable tour. Remember she was close to turning 50 at this point, so it was a high risk pregnancy but also probably her last chance to have a baby. 

There were rumors back then that Janet and her ex-husband (Wissam) were trying to have a child for a number of years, mostly as to give him an heir to his billion dollar business empire, but failed many times even after trying IVF, injections and such (as Janet said so herself in her documentary). Her having the high chance to finally get pregnant just came at an inconvenient time while she was in the middle of a tour. Looking back now, I see it was a great decision she made for herself to finally to be able have a child but can understand it definitely inconvenienced a lot of the European & US fans.

She has since made up for the US fans multiple times now with multiple tours, and now she will hopefully and most likely make it up for the European fans with the Together Again tour...even if there is poor sales/non sold out shows as we saw with the Philippines show in Manila.

I totally get it she needs to have a baby first and I'm thrilled to see her success at giving birth to Eissa. But yeah, the way Live Nation wouldn't reschedule those Europeans dates is pretty obvious because it's not selling.

however, no need to worry this time, at worst, she sold out all the floor seats and lower tiered for all 10 dates in Europe now, so she will definitely go ahead with this. Things are going so well this time she can even add 2-4 dates in Europe. I hope she brings her A game to this leg and really work the stage and give us that glamour of costume changes and stage visiauls, this will help her build her touring reputation. People knew she was good, but she needs to remind people how great she is. I know UK will eat it up if she brings her A game.

• Like 2

I really wish she would have just kept that standalone tour date in New Orleans. It's going to be such a hassle to get tickets for Essence Festival. I just want the one-day event ticket, but all I'm finding are ticket packages for the whole weekend. :katie:

Has she ever performed in Latin America? For sure not in Mexico ever, but I guess she should come at least once, I'm sure she has some fans and also some MJ fans could go and for sure she could sell out at least 2 arenas in Mexico City.

• Like 1

Upscaled to 4K

• Like 1

How good the Munich and Berlin concerts are selling

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Has she ever performed in Latin America? For sure not in Mexico ever, but I guess she should come at least once, I'm sure she has some fans and also some MJ fans could go and for sure she could sell out at least 2 arenas in Mexico City.

Nope never. She had one theatre show booked in Sao Paulo and jancelled it.

2 hours ago, campelo said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

:clap3: 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, campelo said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Where is this from? It doesn't look like this on Ticketmaster. Both dates are doing good but not this good though

Edited by robbyds

2 hours ago, robbyds said:

Where is this from? It doesn't look like this on Ticketmaster. Both dates are doing good but not this good though

Eventim. On Ticketmaster there's the platinum ones, they don't do that on Eventim

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, campelo said:

Eventim. On Ticketmaster there's the platinum ones, they don't do that on Eventim

sadly they do premium packages for Berlin. 

https://ibb.co/LJd4hk4

Edited by Waldi

On 5/11/2024 at 5:09 PM, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Thanks so much for the detail in this post! That's interesting how they booked so many places that she hadn't gone before. I thought that the tour this year was quite extensive but maybe not as much as the Unbreakable Tour was meant to be. 

I recall reading before that the tour was pulled a few weeks before it was meant to happen which is pretty strange. And then the pregnancy happened which I guess is pretty fair.

She's done so many runs in the U.S. which makes sense since she's a household name there. It's awesome that she's finally coming back here though.

23 hours ago, campelo said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think she has two dates of the European leg are not using the entire upper level, just those near the stage, maybe selling those later. Imagine her perform to full arena audiences, that's amazing.

On 5/11/2024 at 2:46 PM, Batsy Armada said:

I really wish she would have just kept that standalone tour date in New Orleans. It's going to be such a hassle to get tickets for Essence Festival. I just want the one-day event ticket, but all I'm finding are ticket packages for the whole weekend. :katie:

Essence Festival has been acting weird this year...entire line up has yet to be announced and when I attended 2 years ago, single day tickets were already on sale by May. They should be coming soon. 

20 hours ago, holyground13 said:

Thanks so much for the detail in this post! That's interesting how they booked so many places that she hadn't gone before. I thought that the tour this year was quite extensive but maybe not as much as the Unbreakable Tour was meant to be. 

I recall reading before that the tour was pulled a few weeks before it was meant to happen which is pretty strange. And then the pregnancy happened which I guess is pretty fair.

She's done so many runs in the U.S. which makes sense since she's a household name there. It's awesome that she's finally coming back here though.

10 dates for Janet is the smallest number of shows she's done for a tour in Europe. RN, janet and TVR had more than 20 shows. AFY and Unbreakable were to be 20+ as well. Even #1s had 12 dates, but left out so many markets for whatever strange reason. I hope they will add more shows soon. But I understand, playing it safe and seeing what the demand is like is better than what they did for Unbreakable. 

On 5/11/2024 at 4:56 PM, Dark Phoenix said:

No. I hope that will change. Brazil and Mexico are HUGE markets and the festivals in Latin America are lucrative with huge audiences, hoping her team will finally get their business in order and let Janet make her debut there. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kishi said:

Essence Festival has been acting weird this year...entire line up has yet to be announced and when I attended 2 years ago, single day tickets were already on sale by May. They should be coming soon. 

10 dates for Janet is the smallest number of shows she's done for a tour in Europe. RN, janet and TVR had more than 20 shows. AFY and Unbreakable were to be 20+ as well. Even #1s had 12 dates, but left out so many markets for whatever strange reason. I hope they will add more shows soon. But I understand, playing it safe and seeing what the demand is like is better than what they did for Unbreakable. 

No. I hope that will change. Brazil and Mexico are HUGE markets and the festivals in Latin America are lucrative with huge audiences, hoping her team will finally get their business in order and let Janet make her debut there. 

That's a good point, I honestly was surprised they booked 10 dates as I thought it would have been an even shorter tour with just London and Paris and maybe Berlin and Amsterdam. But glad most of the shows seem to be doing well. I also just found out that RN wasn't just the U.S. only as I had thought before lol

• Like 1

10 dates now has much higher capacity than Number 1s tho. They may add a dew shows, Copenhagen seems doable and then extra shows in London and Paris. They could also try to do some more festivals appearance, get a few coins and make some more waves outside her fanbase,

• Like 1

the Paris date is actually doing so well tbh

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, holyground13 said:

That's a good point, I honestly was surprised they booked 10 dates as I thought it would have been an even shorter tour with just London and Paris and maybe Berlin and Amsterdam. But glad most of the shows seem to be doing well. I also just found out that RN wasn't just the U.S. only as I had thought before lol

I think 10 is a good amount, but no Scandinavia, Spain, Switzerland or Ireland was interesting as she's had plenty of chart success in those countries as well as sold out shows. 

10 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

10 dates now has much higher capacity than Number 1s tho. They may add a dew shows, Copenhagen seems doable and then extra shows in London and Paris. They could also try to do some more festivals appearance, get a few coins and make some more waves outside her fanbase,

I'm wondering if any of the cities are getting second nights. And if cities like Vienna, Hamburg and Lyon will appear. 

Hoping she can get booked for Primavera Sound (Portugal and Spain), Wireless Festival (UK), Rock In Roma (Italy), Pukklepop (Belgium), Opener Festival (Poland), Electric Picnic (Ireland) and a few others!

Edited by kishi

14 hours ago, kishi said:

I've never been before, so I didn't know how exactly it all worked. But I was panicking trying to find a single-day ticket, trying various websites that all redirected me back to Ticketmaster. It's rumored that she'd be performing there June 7, with the way her other tour dates are lined up, which would work for me. I'm curious if the ticket will be more expensive than her standalone tour would have been, I was preparing to be as close as I could be to the stage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Batsy Armada said:

I've never been before, so I didn't know how exactly it all worked. But I was panicking trying to find a single-day ticket, trying various websites that all redirected me back to Ticketmaster. It's rumored that she'd be performing there June 7, with the way her other tour dates are lined up, which would work for me. I'm curious if the ticket will be more expensive than her standalone tour would have been, I was preparing to be as close as I could be to the stage.

Historically, the artists are announced in February and March, tickets for three-days then go on sale. Single day tickets are sold around May. 

The closer you are, the pricier it gets. I paid $1000 for row two in 2022. 

3 hours ago, kishi said:

Historically, the artists are announced in February and March, tickets for three-days then go on sale. Single day tickets are sold around May. 

The closer you are, the pricier it gets. I paid $1000 for row two in 2022. 

Oh, okay, I see. Well, hopefully they go on sale pretty soon. And that's another reason why I wish she would have just done the standalone show; the tickets weren't really expensive. I was looking over them before it was canceled, and I was looking at about half of that for a really good view on ground level. I wasn't on the second row, or anything like that, though. I can only imagine the pricing for her show to be attached to Essence Festival now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Batsy Armada said:

Oh, okay, I see. Well, hopefully they go on sale pretty soon. And that's another reason why I wish she would have just done the standalone show; the tickets weren't really expensive. I was looking over them before it was canceled, and I was looking at about half of that for a really good view on ground level. I wasn't on the second row, or anything like that, though. I can only imagine the pricing for her show to be attached to Essence Festival now.

I do anticipate the floor will at least be $300 at the lowest. 

Also, I hope the stage is utilized like how they did her 2010 set. The 2022 stage seemed a little too small for the artists. 

4 hours ago, kishi said:

I do anticipate the floor will at least be $300 at the lowest. 

Also, I hope the stage is utilized like how they did her 2010 set. The 2022 stage seemed a little too small for the artists. 

That's not bad. I'd be willing to pay around that amount, if not a little more, for a really good view. For it to be the 30th anniversary of Essence, I'm expecting it to be spectacular. I'd imagine Janet would have much more of an actual production than some other performers. I hope it's a appropriate setup for her.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.