Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• robbyds

• KKKIMO92

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Hopefully but I was just saying to the person above to grab the chance while the can. That's literally it. I hope Janet can keep touring all territories in the future, I said so above in one of my posts.

You are right tho. These legends are aging and never know what happens next, so probably see her while you can. 

• Like 2

I JUST GOT MY TICKETS

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Scored Berlin ticket! 206 sector, see you Janitors :hippo:

• Like 2

On 4/30/2024 at 3:58 PM, KKKIMO92 said:

Most Asian shows are not gonna get reported. Hawaii shows too. 

I remembered Janet collected 2M from 2 shows in Japan in 2018, this time prices should be higher and all three shows are sold out, so definitely will pass the 5.9M mark from 7 shows(Manila was also sold out and that's a huge arena with ppl compliant we about the high prices and cheap production)

the $2,160,000 figure for the 2019 Japanese shows isn't official per se, it was just a guess that was made by Touring Data at the time.

speaking of Touring Data, he was kind enough to publish the Pollstar data for Hawaii:

Honolulu, Hawaii
March 8-10, 2024
$2,396,292
17,662 / 18,999 (93%)

• Like 3

The second pre-sale happening and is doing so well in Germany :biblionny:

8 hours ago, exfactor003 said:

the $2,160,000 figure for the 2019 Japanese shows isn't official per se, it was just a guess that was made by Touring Data at the time.

speaking of Touring Data, he was kind enough to publish the Pollstar data for Hawaii:

Honolulu, Hawaii
March 8-10, 2024
$2,396,292
17,662 / 18,999 (93%)

An average of 140 price, this is pretty good.

For concert week, her tickets are only $25 in the USA 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

For concert week, her tickets are only $25 in the USA 

Now I'm actually gonna go to this leg even though I wasn't planning on another show nn. ***** better not be lying again about new music

• Haha 2

Is she usually on time, or is she super late like Madonna?

51 minutes ago, MilanY said:

Is she usually on time, or is she super late like Madonna?

Janet is almost always on time 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Janet is almost always on time 

great. it says 7:45 start, so I guess opening act is like 30 minutes or so..

• Like 1

Pollstar posted a news article on Janet's announcement of the European dates where those gross numbers for the Hawaii shows are also mentioned in the article.

https://news.pollstar.com/2024/04/29/janet-jackson-brings-together-again-tour-to-europe/

They also state that the first leg of the US shows in 2023 grossed $32,678,923 off 307,651 tickets sold and ranked at number 94 on the top 200 worldwide tours for 2023, but it doesn't includes all the dates since Billboard last year reported she grossed $50.9M for the entire 2023 leg and about 479,000 tickets sold.

Adding the Hawaii shows gross to Billboard's $50.9M report, then the tour's known total reported gross is currently at $53,296,293. The 3 sold out Japan shows, I'm gonna give a guess they grossed about $3.5M and I'm being conservative with the numbers. The show in the Philippines might be about $500k-600k since it wasn't actually sold out and they reduced the floor size and moved the stage closer towards upper seated levels at the back of the venue. @robbyds can confirm that since they were at that show.

So my estimate would be that the tour so far has grossed a little over $57MUSD. With the 2nd US leg and European dates, it's pretty much in the bag that she will gross $100M right? Then there's the possibility she'll be touring in Oceania, South Africa and maybe even South America?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Pollstar posted a news article on Janet's announcement of the European dates where those gross numbers for the Hawaii shows are also mentioned in the article.

https://news.pollstar.com/2024/04/29/janet-jackson-brings-together-again-tour-to-europe/

They also state that the first leg of the US shows in 2023 grossed $32,678,923 off 307,651 tickets sold and ranked at number 94 on the top 200 worldwide tours for 2023, but it doesn't includes all the dates since Billboard last year reported she grossed $50.9M for the entire 2023 leg and about 479,000 tickets sold.

Adding the Hawaii shows gross to Billboard's $50.9M report, then the tour's known total reported gross is currently at $53,296,293. The 3 sold out Japan shows, I'm gonna give a guess they grossed about $3.5M and I'm being conservative with the numbers. The show in the Philippines might be about $500k-600k since it wasn't actually sold out and they reduced the floor size and moved the stage closer towards upper seated levels at the back of the venue. @robbyds can confirm that since they were at that show.

So my estimate would be that the tour so far has grossed a little over $57MUSD. With the 2nd US leg and European dates, it's pretty much in the bag that she will gross $100M right? Then there's the possibility she'll be touring in Oceania, South Africa and maybe even South America?

Although NA 2nd leg is not selling well, but I think the high price tag will save it from being a total flop, so yeah, she will definitely gross well over 100M.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Correct about the Manila date. Gross of 500k to  600k usd for this show seems plausible. 

I think though the Japan shows made so much more than 3.5M. All 3 soldout and ticket prices were not discounted as far as I know. Yokohama venue can accomodate 20k, the seat plan used for Osaka sat 10k+. Nagoya venue was the smallest but the venue can accommodate 12k.

Edited by robbyds

• Thanks 1

• Like 1

anyone else seeing her in Vegas on Saturday?

• Thanks 1

Cologne is 60% sold, Berlin and Munich 70% tickets sold 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, campelo said:

Really? And just from the presales? Thats an awesome result! 

• Like 1

Got my ticket for Berlin, I've been in all the presales trying to find non-platinum non-VIP floor seats and the closest I got was row 10 💀 hope the stage production is revamped a bit, it looked a bit too stripped down on videos 

I checked the interactive seat plans for all 10 shows in Europe and seems like all of them are doing well. Paris is almost completely gone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think London is almost sold out, Birmingham is also good. Glasgow is like 65%, and Manchester is the worst and at 60% sold. Given there are 5 months left, I am sure it will be either sold out or very close to it. I wouldn't be suprised if she adds some second dates, for instance, Paris, London and Amesterdam seem doable. It's possible that they may add few dates to the European tour. She needs to actually do this tour and then get some media exposure and I am sure she will be able to tour Europe for 10-20 dates every now and then. Plus the prices are not cheap, they already make profit now with the current sales.

• Thanks 2

Just had a look at the Amsterdam venue and tickets and I'm bit unsure. Should I do the standing area, which is really close to the stage and cheaper, or seating ones, which are double the price? I know that every concert hall is different, but if someone did a standing one, would you recommend?

Also, anyone coming to the Amsterdam show? :ducky:

12 hours ago, REDMAN said:

B Slade/Tonex is such a Janet Stan! Love seeing her impact and influence even on gospel artists. 

12 hours ago, REDMAN said:

All four of Janet's dancers are delicious. I loved these interviews. I see you team Janet. We'll keep on begging for behind the scenes stuff, this is the content we deserve. 

8 hours ago, exfactor003 said:

anyone else seeing her in Vegas on Saturday?

Yes. On the plane now!

5 hours ago, campelo said:

Very impressive! Tugging at the second US leg!

3 hours ago, robbyds said:

I checked the interactive seat plans for all 10 shows in Europe and seems like all of them are doing well. Paris is almost completely gone!

🔥🔥🔥🔥

2 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

I think London is almost sold out, Birmingham is also good. Glasgow is like 65%, and Manchester is the worst and at 60% sold. Given there are 5 months left, I am sure it will be either sold out or very close to it. I wouldn't be suprised if she adds some second dates, for instance, Paris, London and Amesterdam seem doable. It's possible that they may add few dates to the European tour. She needs to actually do this tour and then get some media exposure and I am sure she will be able to tour Europe for 10-20 dates every now and then. Plus the prices are not cheap, they already make profit now with the current sales.

They could add second nights for the strongest selling cities after Amsterdam. I could see London getting another night for sure. 

I'm also wondering if cities like Hamburg, Frankfurt, Lyon, Marseille, Milan, Vienna, Dublin, Sheffield, Barcelona, Madrid, Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki and Zurich will be added to this leg or possibly a summer festival leg next year... along with places she's never had a tour stop in like Madrid, Rome, Prague, Lisbon, Budapest, Belgrade, Athens and Istanbul. 

1 hour ago, °ColdFire° said:

Just had a look at the Amsterdam venue and tickets and I'm bit unsure. Should I do the standing area, which is really close to the stage and cheaper, or seating ones, which are double the price? I know that every concert hall is different, but if someone did a standing one, would you recommend?

Also, anyone coming to the Amsterdam show? :ducky:

Is this your first Janet show? If so, get the standing room tickets!

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.