Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I truly hope they're working on this.

I know she wouldn't come to Spain but I think she could sell out a concert in London or Paris. People from other European countries would flight there to finally see her. At least I would.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I truly hope they're working on this.

I feel like they're using this tour to secure funding and lay the foundation for a global tour that'll follow with the album... whenever that is :deadbanana4:

14 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

I feel like they're using this tour to secure funding and lay the foundation for a global tour that'll follow with the album... whenever that is :deadbanana4:

The production fee for this tour is quiet high. I saw an article from Live Nation, they aim to secure 70M in box office for this tour. Taking it WW, it’s the initial plan, but I doubt it.

18 hours ago, A1SinceDay1 said:

I don't think a lot of people realize how cancelling the Unbreakable tour soured the GP on her. On top of that there was that whole rumor that refunds wouldn't be offered hit all the major gossip outlets. Had that not gone the way it did, she would have never had boxscores as tragic as they were beginning of SOTW1.

I honestly think this is why she came back so snatched and fierce for that tour. She knew if she didn't heal her touring reputation FAST her entire future's income stream would be in jeopardy. Thankfully it was a great tour and word of mouth traveled, so by the end the boxscores were much better. 

This was the perfect time for her to tour, a nice needed break for a few years coupled with (older) people finally getting back to being out and about and it's working great. 

I agree. So many dates were sold out prior to the pregnancy. Then by 2017, some were postponed three times and it just wasn't a good look. Just think it's time for the entire fanbase to really push and discuss international dates. Fans discussing a second US leg need to stop! :rip: There's only a handful of markets left here that she could sell out in addition to adding more Canadian cities (38 shows is pretty extensive in today's climate, but Janet is used to doing over 30 shows a leg and multiple at that), but LATIN AMERICA NEEDS TO HAPPEN! Europe is overdue, period!

14 hours ago, Sabandija said:

I know she wouldn't come to Spain but I think she could sell out a concert in London or Paris. People from other European countries would flight there to finally see her. At least I would.

She would do Spain, she's done promo for a few albums there (Control, TVR, Damita Jo), the EMAs and has done shows in Barcelona. 

Edited by kishi

19 minutes ago, kishi said:

She would do Spain, she's done promo for a few albums there (Control, TVR, Damita Jo), the EMAs and has done shows in Barcelona. 

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think she could sell out a concert here. Maybe a medium sized venue.

I think she should downgrade to theaters for a Euro leg. She could probably pull two nights in London then take it to the major cities like Berlin, Paris etc. I'm sure she could pull decent numbers in Amsterdam as well. Wishful thinking she could move to Asia from there. She did well at that size there for UCAP. 

Edited by A1SinceDay1

Yeah, there’s no reason this couldn’t be a large theater show overseas. If they’re smart, they will do that, and if/when she ever puts music out, they can upgrade to arenas in European cities for that tour.

Definitely a good start for her long overdue international leg to be a theater leg first. She needs to build her name back there before considering arenas. 

However, I think she could do smaller sized arenas in Asia just like her Number ones show back then. The name Jackson will simply sold out in Hong Kong, Taiwan and more.

If everything works out how I want them to, I'll be seeing her in Texas! I need to be able to see her live in concert.

Selling two Early entry VIP 4th row tickets for Janet’s Mansfield MA show. Pm if interested! 

20 hours ago, Sabandija said:

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think she could sell out a concert here. Maybe a medium sized venue.

A sell out isn't required, she could do a theater or a festival in Barcelona and Madrid. I'm hoping she'll do Primavera Sounds!

6 minutes ago, kishi said:

A sell out isn't required, she could do a theater or a festival in Barcelona and Madrid. I'm hoping she'll do Primavera Sounds!

I wish but I don't think promoters would rely on her to attract people and sell tickets. She's so 80's, 90's, early 00's the new generation is not checking for her. A theater seems like a better idea. It would focus on real fans.

15 minutes ago, Sabandija said:

I wish but I don't think promoters would rely on her to attract people and sell tickets. She's so 80's, 90's, early 00's the new generation is not checking for her. A theater seems like a better idea. It would focus on real fans.

I've always been for a theater tour of Europe, but if Bad Religion, Blur and Depeche Mode can play the festival and they gained popularity during Janet's peak, I don't see why she can't book the same festival! She's a bigger name than all of them. 

She had 20 arena dates without a hit with the Unbreakable Tour and now people discussing like "4 dates in Theaters would be cool"

I feel greedy because I've seen a lot of my faves live but a European Tour is needed.

I don’t think the European GP is particularly waiting on her to bring a tour here. She has a really bad reputation of canceling shows in Europe. And the fact that after the last cancellation, she went on with 4 tours in the US is kind of a b*tch move. 
I don’t see her selling out a lot of shows here tbh. 
I would still go see her if she comes to Amsterdam though 👀

On 5/2/2023 at 10:45 AM, kishi said:

Dario is sexy AF!!

IMG-0354.gif

I like Mariusz!

spacer.png

9 hours ago, campelo said:

She had 20 arena dates without a hit with the Unbreakable Tour and now people discussing like "4 dates in Theaters would be cool"

She was selling on her name alone, as many artists do. But if the tour would've went through, I think it should have been theaters and in more cities. Places where she's had chart and radio success, with multiple certifications would be logical. There was no Spain, southern France, Italy, Austria, not enough UK cities and no Poland or Hungary. Some of those dates were in questionable markets. 

8 hours ago, holyground13 said:

I feel greedy because I've seen a lot of my faves live but a European Tour is needed.

:clap3: Janet fans in Europe and music fans in general are starving, deprived for her live shows!

8 hours ago, jeroenbloeming said:

I don’t think the European GP is particularly waiting on her to bring a tour here. She has a really bad reputation of canceling shows in Europe. And the fact that after the last cancellation, she went on with 4 tours in the US is kind of a b*tch move. 
I don’t see her selling out a lot of shows here tbh. 
I would still go see her if she comes to Amsterdam though 👀

You'd be surprised, it's still possible. She CAN sell out in Europe. The promotion just needs to be there. I'm just upset that it's been so long. Can't imagine what it's like for them. There's no way to make up for AFY Tour and Unbreakable Tour at this point. But Europe has some of Janet's biggest fans and it's time for her to show up for them. 

2 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

I like Mariusz!

spacer.png

He's beautiful. I like all 4 of them, as dancers and in terms of attractiveness! Denzel and Guero need to be in a throuple with me!  :gaynetcat4:

Edited by kishi

Hi, I haven’t been on ATRL in what is probably years lol but I just saw her tonight at MSG and omg :heart2: I can die happily. So good. I have no voice.

Looks like this tour is a complete sellout save that Milwaukee date

saw her tonight :hippo:

the way she moves at FIFTY-SEVEN is just absurd honestly, she’s so talented

if her shows don’t fully sell out who cares, it’s a privilege to see that talent live, and it was a huge crowd tonight 

Just came back from seeing her at MSG and she was absolutely fantastic :clap3:Setlist was great,  she looked young & gorgeous, outfits were amazing, and the choreography floored me watching it in the flesh.  The encore performance of Together Again,  the ballads,  the Rhythm Nation section,  and more were all top notch! Mutha SERVED :clap3:

Edited by Hector

On 5/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, Sabandija said:

If Alicia Keys and others can have (nearly) sould out concerts, I don't see why Janet can't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.