Lady Gaga - "Shallow (Solo Demo)"

State of Grace.

Its out there.

I love it :jonnycat:

Edited by State of Grace.

Nice! Can ya'll send me a PM just to have a friendly chat, not asking for links, oh god no.

46 minutes ago, Fuecoco said:

Now give us the main studio version of Shallow that was given to us in the trailers. :jonnycat:

thissssss ... 

I don't know if anyone else would agree, but the sound of her vocals changed somewhere between Joanne and A Star Is Born, and in this demo she sounds pretty much smack bang in the middle of the change. Like her voice sounded rougher in Joanne but a lot clearer in A Star Is Born.

Um…. Yeah. They cleaned this song up a lot 

4 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

I don't know if anyone else would agree, but the sound of her vocals changed somewhere between Joanne and A Star Is Born, and in this demo she sounds pretty much smack bang in the middle of the change. Like her voice sounded rougher in Joanne but a lot clearer in A Star Is Born.

Definitely agree that her vocals improved leaps and bounds between Joanne and ASIB. Her voice on Joanne was more constricted and sounded quite strained at times. This cut still falls in the Joanne vocal styling for me. 

26 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Um…. Yeah. They cleaned this song up a lot 

Definitely agree that her vocals improved leaps and bounds between Joanne and ASIB. Her voice on Joanne was more constricted and sounded quite strained at times. This cut still falls in the Joanne vocal styling for me. 

Strained, that's the word I was looking for. 

1 hour ago, PoisonCandy said:

I agree. I've always thought she sounds a bit nasal on Joanne, to be perfectly honest. Particularly on the title track. I hear it here too. I think it mostly an affectation for some reason, like many of her vocal stylings over the years. 

The instrumental on this version is interesting, but the final vocals are a world of difference. 

It's cute, similar vibe to Girl On Fire production wise. I'm glad that they reworked this Oscar-winning modern classic :heart2:

So this demo is what she performed a brief snippet from in this scene :eek: 

3 hours ago, Fuecoco said:

Now give us the main studio version of Shallow that was given to us in the trailers. :jonnycat:

This x 100 :jonny5: :jonny4:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

this is like… really good. i thought it was going to be a mumble demo not the pop version that she sings in the movie.:jonnycat:

Not as good as Shallow original but still a good 8,8/10 song

Maybe they should have sent this version or something like it to pop radio since the main version didn’t do well there 

The production on the chorus make it’s more radio friendly and the songs overall structure is much more traditional too 

It's definitely different, not quite sure if I like this arrangement though so glad they went for the acoustic route instead. She sounds so good though, she ate that chorus up!

Perched for Clover to leak

Kinda sounds like the solo version Ally performs in the third act of the movie at her sold out SOLO show 

Spoiler

while Jack is offing himself :monkey:

@Marry Illusion Glory

1 minute ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Kinda sounds like the solo version Ally performs in the third act of the movie at her sold out SOLO show 

Reveal hidden contents

while Jack is offing himself :monkey:

@Marry Illusion Glory

Because it IS, ma'am

11 hours ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

It's cute, similar vibe to Girl On Fire production wise. I'm glad that they reworked this Oscar-winning modern classic :heart2:

So this demo is what she performed a brief snippet from in this scene :eek: 

:giraffe:

2 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Because it IS, ma'am

:giraffe:

Omg not me scrolling right past that

InUGyeg.gif

Edited by Reverse Warholian

6 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

in the shallah, shallahlaa :jonny3:

at one point (2:47) she sings "inshallah lah shallahlaa" :jonny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.