• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• simmnfierzig

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• KatyPrismSpirit

That’s even better for a R&B artist on the platform. They are usually done so dirty there :jonnycat:

Took 5 years to craft her follow and she’s still doing numbers :jonny5:

See when you make classics :jonny5: 

5 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

SZA a Main Pop Girl I fear!

*R&B

Never expected her to do this good on Spotify, the slayage :jonnycat:

8 minutes ago, NEUTRON said:

*R&B

While that is true I fear R&B is too limiting of a descriptor to how wide her reach is.

Comparing her numbers to her 2nd biggest peer (Summer Walker) is like night and day. SZA is such a dominant global force it feels more apt to call her pop for popular.

MPG isnt really a term by genre but rather by how big of a commercial force an act is. SZA is the exception to the general rule that R&B isnt a global genre.

Edited by MingYouToo

nnn and we were saying Summer Walker replaced her last year :deadbanana2: HUGE numbers for a black female artist who doesn't really do pop. 

4 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

While that is true I fear R&B is too limiting of a descriptor to how wide her reach is.

Comparing her numbers to her 2nd biggest peer (Summer Walker) is like night and day. SZA is such a dominant global force it feels more apt to call her pop for popular.

MPG isnt really a term by genre but rather by how big of a commercial force an act is. SZA is the exception to the general rule that R&B isnt a global genre.

No, it's not. What the hell is this silly ass post.

She makes R&B music, it's that simple and it's not limiting at all. This site never fails :doc:

7 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

True. I can totally agree with that but R&B is her home. Love that for her. I'm so proud of her.

Pop is such a weird genre because its a collective of whats popular in other genres but yet has its own sound.

Edited by NEUTRON

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.