Celeb Megathread 2024: Drag performer Shangela accused of multiple sexual assaults

Espresso

OP TRANSFERRED AND UPDATED: March 19, 2024

For legal, protective, and mental health reasons, please refer to the thread posts only as it pertains to victims on this forum or referenced on this forum, as I will not be putting them on blast in this updated OP as it pertains to recent revelations and mentions of this website specifically.

Please note that the now defunct Buzzfeed News (not to be confused with BuzzFeed) was pursuing a story to be released in 2023 with some of the victims named in the Rolling Stone story prior to being shuttered, including a victim that already took them to court and settled.

ORIGINAL: November 30, 2022

UPDATE: May 3, 2023

UPDATE: March 18, 2024

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• PoisonedIvy

• FightForTanas

• Weld_E

There was a poster here who posted an eerily similar experience with Shangela a few years back...

Ugh so disappointing :ace:

Sadly i'm not surprised by this, she has been notorious for flirting/hooking up with everyone while on tour.

Oh this is so incredibly disappointing. I love Shangela…

6 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

There was a poster here who posted an eerily similar experience with Shangela a few years back...

I remember that and people called him a liar…….yikes. 

3 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

reading on Twitter there's been similar accusations from years ago.

given nothing happened then and until any police report and involvement or job prospects lost i'll stay quiet. 

that's not to imply innocence but i'm not expecting much from this even if they are guilty.

Accusation, so be VERY careful ladies.

We've been down this road before.

18 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

I’m not sure if you mean me or if there was another person I’m unaware of that you could be referring to, 

But I do know I shared my experience with Shangela here on ATRL back in September of 2018. 

a lot of people were calling me a liar and attacking me though. But I mean, that’s the nature of sharing these types of encounters with notable public figures.

I hope this story can gain some traction so that he doesn’t continue to have the opportunities to continue to do these kinds of things to more people. 

Hmmm 

18 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

this is the one from a star is born, yes?

If ur doing what I think ur doing …..smh 

————

that’s horrible 

Oh wow I hope this isn't real because I love Shangela but if this turns out to be real I hope he faces charges and pay for what he did :dancehall2:

4 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

Hmmm 

If ur doing what I think ur doing …..smh 

————

that’s horrible 

i don't watch the show so i don't really know the contestants by name.

anyhow, based on the comments, this appears to be believable from shangela.

No one, and I mean no one. Is gonna say a DRAGQUEEN rapped them if it isn't true. It’s not like he’s claiming Justin Bieber did it. He’s talking about a drag queen and even for a gay man I’m sure that’s pretty embarrassing. I feel sorry for him. That’s horrible and people who rape. Should be pretty much killed imo. It’s beyond. And completely inexcusable. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I’m not sure if you mean me or if there was another person I’m unaware of that you could be referring to, 

But I do know I shared my experience with Shangela here on ATRL back in September of 2018. 

a lot of people were calling me a liar and attacking me though. But I mean, that’s the nature of sharing these types of encounters with notable public figures.

I hope this story can gain some traction so that he doesn’t continue to have the opportunities to continue to do these kinds of things to more people. 

I think it was you. I am once again sorry for your experience and sorry for some of the nasty replies you got from certain posters.

If I remember correctly, @TheOnlyOne and someone else (possibly that Chanel poster?) were calling you a liar and viscously attacking you when you shared your story. They owe you a serious apology for their disgusting behavior.

Edited by Weld_E

3 minutes ago, God_Donna said:

No one, and I mean no one. Is gonna say a DRAGQUEEN rapped them if it isn't true. It’s not like he’s claiming Justin Bieber did it. He’s talking about a drag queen and even for a gay man I’m sure that’s pretty embarrassing. I feel sorry for him. That’s horrible and people who rape. Should be pretty much killed imo. It’s beyond. And completely inexcusable. 

Was the femme shaming really necessary in a thread about SA?

Edited by Danny789

3 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

I think it was you. I am once again sorry for your experience and sorry for some of the nasty replies you got from certain posters.

If I remember correctly, @TheOnlyOne and someone else (possibly that Chanel poster?) were calling you a liar and viscously attacking you when you shared your story. They owe you a serious apology for their disgusting behavior.

How are you remembering the specific posters that doubted them from back in 2018? Did you have the thread bookmarked?

I'm going to reserve judgment until we hear what Shangela (DJ) says. Ricky Martin very recently was accused and then the accusations were not what they said they were.

I can't speak on anyone's experiences but I would like to say that I hope there is justice done for whomever was done wrong. 
SA is no joke. I hope the truth is found. 

47 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Don't know if we are referring to the same one but I know someone IRL that is a member and had this experience 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.