Anyone else feel like "Chromatica" was an album for the fans?

Josh

As the title says anyone else feel like Gaga released Chromatica for the fans but not in a "gift for the fans" sort of way more like "Here but this is the last of PopGa!" sort of way. Everything felt so soulless and hollow compared to how she sounded on The Fame and Fame Monster.

Her heart was really in it when she did Cheek to Cheek, Joanne and A Star is Born. But Chromatica just felt like a way to shut some of the fans up for those who wanted Gaga from the Fame/Monster era back. I mean even the collab with BLACKPINK felt so odd for a Gaga album?

When she did songs like "Telephone", "Just Dance", "Love Game" etc. she really put her best in those songs. She didn't even try for Chromatica the only songs that felt like she tried were: Rain on Me, her duet with Elton John and Stupid Love. 

Edited by Josh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• Cherish

• Dula Peep

• Jay07

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

the only songs that felt like she tried were: Stupid Love. 

close this **** :rip:

That's what I got from it too. (Some of) Her fans want her to be a consistent pop star like she was in her prime, but it's clear she doesn't wanna be constricted to that. Chromatica, in the grand scheme of her career, was her saying this:

And the BP collab was clearly arranged by Interscope.

Just now, ATWK said:

That's what I got from it too. (Some of) Her fans want her to be a consistent pop star like she was in her prime, but it's clear she doesn't wanna be constricted to that. Chromatica, in the grand scheme of her career, was her saying this:

And the BP collab was clearly arranged by Interscope.

Its the first album of hers that feels phoned in. Theres some bright moments (911, Fun Tonight, Replay) but it mostly feels like she had no involvement with the songwriting process aside from showing up, doing the vocals and calling it a day. She instead relies on tons of producers and outside songwriters and it's quite apparent it lacks her signature style. None of the songs are terrible, but they are very underwhelming and forgettable.

yeah she hates her pop sound ever since artpop flopped :rip:

7 minutes ago, lovedaddy said:

every album after BTW was album for fans

ARTPOP was her last attempt at trying to create art. I think after ARTPOP, she just didn't want to be like that anymore. 

8 minutes ago, lovedaddy said:

Not the first post :rip::bibliahh:

Just now, Tusk said:

She’s definitely over her Gaga persona but her fans have her in a chokehold. 

if it was up to her she'd probably go by her birth name Stefani Germanotta 

funny how Chromatica is her best album since BTW :gaygacat3: keep making albums for the fans then I guess :cm:

it for sure felt like she was not passionate about the album and was just doing it for fan service after years of fans complaining that they wanted dance pop again. 

I LOVe Chromatica and I think it is her 2nd or 3rd best album overall but I did not enjoy the way she just dropped the record the minute it came out. She used covid as an excuse tbh when the reality is she just did not care much for this particular album. I hope whatever she releases next that she is passionate about it enough to give it a proper rollout 

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

As the title says anyone else feel like Gaga released Chromatica for the fans but not in a "gift for the fans" sort of way more like "Here but this is the last of PopGa!" sort of way. Everything felt so soulless and hollow compared to how she sounded on The Fame and Fame Monster.

Her heart was really in it when she did Cheek to Cheek, Joanne and A Star is Born. But Chromatica just felt like a way to shut some of the fans up for those who wanted Gaga from the Fame/Monster era back. I mean even the collab with BLACKPINK felt so odd for a Gaga album?

When she did songs like "Telephone", "Just Dance", "Love Game" etc. she really put her best in those songs. She didn't even try for Chromatica the only songs that felt like she tried were: Rain on Me, her duet with Elton John and Stupid Love. 

I think she loved to branch out. I hoped Chromatica would let her see we miss her off the wall art but she just seemed so done with it :skull: 911 is a career highlight though. Babylon is also a career highlight (no matter what you ***** say) 

14 minutes ago, lovedaddy said:

Tbh

A more coherent House Album for the fans yes….

“Could you pull me out of this alive” 

spacer.png

“The monster inside you is torturing me”

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886397bb565e5a48c67b08a35ade8dd8bd8d3773584&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

“My biggest enemy is ATRL.net Pop a 911”

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886397bb565e5a48c67b08a35ade8dd8bd8d3773584&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

18 minutes ago, lovedaddy said:

clearly not Joanne or A Star Is Born... :shakeno:

If she hated the album so much then she wouldn’t have performed nearly every song from it on her tour. It’s a great ******* album and Gaga performed the hell out of it.

2 minutes ago, @michael said:

If she hated the album so much then she wouldn’t have performed nearly every song from it on her tour. It’s a great ******* album and Gaga performed the hell out of it.

It's in her contact to tour

Lady Gaga is no longer a pop artist, she has evolved into a more adult oriented sound. She did Chromatica to shut the poofter part of her fanbase whose stunted brains can't go beyond oonts oonts. Leave her alone!

I kinda get what you mean? The truth is Gaga has matured artistically so much to the point her pop stuff seems forced but I don't think it was created in that way at all, If you had asked this question a year ago I'd probably would've agreed with you but after seeing the Chromatica Ball I see she still has that pop star spark and uniqueness way of entertain, the material was definitely sub par to what she used to give us but I think she just needs to let herself go and not take herself too seriously in order to truly deliver BOPs, but Chromatic has heavily influenced by her trauma and pain so I can see why it's polarising. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.