Do you support Elon Musk's ownership of Twitter?

Delirious

Do you support him owning Twitter?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No
    • Need more time to decide

JustLikeHoney
33 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Their definition of diversity hiring was white women lol.

29Agrawal-1-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Your whole OP is a mess of miss information. This was the CFO Elon fired. 

I haven’t seen any changes yet in terms of experience 

Just happy he exiled a lot of sjw/extreme leftists.

Now I just hope it doesn’t become a right wing cesspool 

5 minutes ago, Bloo said:

How you can trust anything that man says, at this point, is deluded. He literally said Trump would not be coming back and we all know how that panned out. He has no long term plan and is just making impulsive decisions like a child until he gets bored of his new toy.

This is true. Everyone knows he is a little undecisive rat but currently I am very eager to see what he will do next 

Will he actually unsuspend all accounts? (I hope he does)

5 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

29Agrawal-1-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Your whole OP is a mess of miss information. This was the CFO Elon fired. 

Wow one example. Thank you for your contribution! Now rebute every other point I made! 

I mean ... Like

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Wow one example. Thank you for your contribution! Now rebute every other point I made! 

I mean ... Like

Are you really wanting to die on the hill of suggesting women in technology  aren’t diverse? :toofunny2: 

41 minutes ago, Delirious said:

What about everything else I said? Also Elon fired 80% of the workforce and it's still running perfectly. So what exactly were they doing?

And also other major social media companies like Instagram, YouTube etc all give human responses so why not Twitter 

False. I work with clients in trademark and copyright law and Twitter is a disaster right now - if their IP policy doesn't get fixed soon you're about to see tons of global businesses shoot off lawsuits next year. A lot of employees who worked in the brand protection department no longer work there.

7 minutes ago, Delirious said:

I mean ... Like

Are you ******* kidding right now? Are you seriously posting Lauren Chen? :biblio:

7 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Are you really wanting to die on the hill of suggesting women in technology  aren’t diverse? :toofunny2: 

Hire more women yes! I'm all for it. But don't you see the pattern of white women? There needs to be more POC women.

POC are always excluded.

2 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Are you ******* kidding right now? Are you seriously posting Lauren Chen? :biblio:

Girl...what I don't even know who she is. I just posted the tweet to show the amount of white people in the photo on the left lol

JustLikeHoney
3 minutes ago, Delirious said:

I mean ... Like

Did you even read the context of the post? Don't respond to me with nonsense. 

220px-Vijaya_Gadde_on_Access_Now.jpg

Two. You're not informed are you. You're just ranting. 

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Hire more women yes! I'm all for it. But don't you see the pattern of white women? There needs to be more POC women.

POC are always excluded.

There’s literally women of color in the picture anyway? But, again, dismissing the hiring of women in general, White or non-White, in technology is so clueless. Women in technology are so mindnumbingly rare and unsupported. Like, be serious. :rip: 

9 minutes ago, Delirious said:

POC are always excluded.

I don’t think Elon should be the poster child for diversity :rip:

Wasnt Tesla sued for racial discrimination and harrassment?

16 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Girl...what I don't even know who she is. I just posted the tweet to show the amount of white people in the photo on the left lol

If you bothered to click on it you’d see the clear disclaimer that those are two completely different departments. Also, the guys on the right aren’t hired by Elon, it’s literally the twitter engineers teaching him about how the backend works, so clearly there long before Elon came into the picture. 

6 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

I don’t think Elon should be the poster child for diversity :rip:

Wasnt Tesla sued for racial discrimination and harrassment?

I never said he was we-

I was just listing problems Twitter had before. Musk hasn't changed some of them but I really hope he does.

11 minutes ago, Bloo said:

There’s literally women of color in the picture anyway? But, again, dismissing the hiring of women in general, White or non-White, in technology is so clueless. Women in technology are so mindnumbingly rare and unsupported. Like, be serious. :rip: 

I mean...it kinda does matter that POC women aren't being hired.

• Twitter has 3,900 employees.

• 45% of Twitter employees are women, while 55% are men.

• The most common ethnicity at Twitter is White (52%).

• 18% of Twitter employees are Hispanic or Latino.

• 15% of Twitter employees are Asian.

• The average employee at Twitter makes $146,546 per year

So more than 50% of the employees are white and I'm guessing that in the women department, more than 70% are white compared to men (cause engineering department vs marketing). :rip:

3 minutes ago, Sesame said:

If you bothered to click on it you’d see the clear disclaimer that those are two completely different departments. Also, the guys on the right aren’t hired by Elon, it’s literally the twitter engineers teaching him about how the backend works, so clearly there long before Elon came into the picture. 

ya so there should be more POC in the marketing department

9 minutes ago, Jotham said:

I own so many accounts on Twitter and I've never been banned for "spam and manipulation." :toofunny3:

Because they aren't popular or something.

I know SOOOOOOOOO many people's accounts who were suspended for this reason. Like literally too many to even count.

NO.  He completely gutted Twitter to reshape it in his own vision, which is wrong.  If you want to create a company from scratch, go start a new company.  Don't buy an existing one which was doing more than okay without you.  

In general I think the current trend of Billionaires owning more and more of traditional media and social media isn't a good thing, because they are motivated by making the world a better place for Billionaires and a worse place for eveyone else.

Not long after the far right terrorist attack in my country, the video of the attack showing innocent people being killed was circulating on social media, for the amusement of American gun nuts and far right nutters around the world. After a few days, the social media companies adjusted the algorithms to detect and delete these videos.

In the last few days I've seen multiple reports that twitter is now failing to detect them and these videos are back online.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/28/twitter-failed-to-detect-upload-of-christchurch-mosque-terror-attack-videos

Twitter has removed freshly uploaded footage of the Christchurch terror attack that was circulating on the platform, but only after the New Zealand government alerted the company, which had failed to recognise the content as harmful.

So no I don't support Elon Musk's ownership of Twitter.

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

I never said he was we-

I was just listing problems Twitter had before. Musk hasn't changed some of them but I really hope he does.

I mean...it kinda does matter that POC women aren't being hired.

• Twitter has 3,900 employees.

• 45% of Twitter employees are women, while 55% are men.

• The most common ethnicity at Twitter is White (52%).

• 18% of Twitter employees are Hispanic or Latino.

• 15% of Twitter employees are Asian.

• The average employee at Twitter makes $146,546 per year

So more than 50% of the employees are white and I'm guessing that in the women department, more than 70% are white compared to men (cause engineering department vs marketing). :rip:

ya so there should be more POC in the marketing department

Isn't 62% of the US white? Why would it be surprising that 52% of the employees are white...that's literally less than expected

I recently muted the words "Twitter" + "Musk" + "racist" and the app has NEVER BEEN BETTER

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.