Predict DL3 : sound, success, overall era

Safe&Sound

She has released 2 albums so far with several huge singles

Her eras are nothing alike compared to most popgirls

her label are so invested promoting her eras

Her debut is a collection of standalone singles, but the cherry on top, she redeemed herself with New Rules, and new song on the album, IDGAF also reached 1B on Spotify

and then her second era was a hit and miss at the beginning

Don't Start Now slowly took off, but her album only debuted at #5 on Billboard 200. But with lots of hardwork, she managed to score hits to another hits, even the #1 Billboard Year-End chart with Levitating

Now, predict how her next album will sound and perform on chart

Edited by Safe&Sound

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RideOrDie

• KatyPrismSpirit

• J-esper

• katara

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict shell get what Rih wanted for r9.. Dancehall infusion 

I really want someone to bring back the late 90s-early 00s Swedish pop back (britney, backstreetboys). 

She can pull something like that off 

Of course I'd love to see her to continue to grow commercialy because I stan her, but I just want the music to bop. I really want her tobring that early-mid 00s type of flare. I'd love to see her deliver her own Loose, I just think it would fit her so well.

This might be her Teenage Dream or Loud where the writing camp is crafted so that every track is a potential single.

All I know is that her team is gunning for her first US #1 single. We might see a "Rare" era (Lose You To Love Me and then a decline) or "Thank U, Next" (title track & 7 Rings & Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored).

52 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I predict shell get what Rih wanted for r9.. Dancehall infusion 

I really want someone to bring back the late 90s-early 00s Swedish pop back (britney, backstreetboys). 

She can pull something like that off 

Maybe you already know but Rina Sawayama did a few songs influenced by that sound during her first era. (Rina EP and droplets)

Personally. Idk, if she is smart enough, she will take a step away from the disco-esque, Dance-Pop genre which leads her to this level of fame

Sure hjer fans will love it, but I think she will be lost in that image, same like Katy

Sweetest Pie, Potion are lowkey a hint that people are tired of that kind of sound

A Pop-Rock/Glam rock song she hasn't done before will sound good as a lead. Maybe something like Iggy Pop

It will not see huge success definitely, but it will work on her overall image in long run

The rest of the album, can be a mixture of disco pop-rock a la Prisoner and some dance-Pop in case the image won't work

34 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

Maybe you already know but Rina Sawayama did a few songs influenced by that sound during her first era. (Rina EP and droplets)

CHERRY :jonny4:

OT: A user over here suggested Britpop and I think that would work really well on her. A dance-pop oriented Britpop and Y2K pop-inspired album would be such a great direction for her to pursue.

A Loose-influenced production should be used for her fourth record. It would be a very consistent progression for her discography :jamming:

Edited by Blackout2006

i feel like it will be yet another cohesive effort from dua. future nostalgia had more of a night and dark themeso i also think this one will be more light aesthetically and minimalistic. i feel like she will have one massive global hit and the rest of the songs will see moderate successes like gaga had on BTW. i also feel like this will be a summer era. 

In regards to success, Future Nostalgia was her make or break era. She has clearly succeeded with the last album so I don't see Dua going anywhere for at least half of this decade, so a dramatic decline mustn't be that much of a worry. I can actually see her snatching a top 3 debut (album) and two #1s in the next era with huge streams (not as big as DL or FN, but around the 3-4 billion range). However, Dua will need a very strong lead single like Don't Start Now to gather attention for the next era. It'll be messy if she ends up putting out something like We're Good as a lead single. 

the cracks are gonna start showing... she barely made any music so far on tour (because she can't go into studio with her bestie writers and producers so they can cook up something special for her), she dumped her management etc. 

when the gaise realise all the writer demos for her (from any era) are identical to her versions :skull: i'm afraid frauDUAlent is not the girl y'all think she is... beautiful gowns great gowns... she is really beautiful and charismatic though! and her stealing these writer credits on FN sparked an outrage in the writer industry for artists who barely change a word and get a credit slapped on it... i'm also looking at you sky ferreira

some people are not natural talents/musicians and they WILL fade. other people can carry you for so long... and that's OK. FN is still an excellent album and she is a lovely gal. 

Edited by RideOrDie

16 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

Personally. Idk, if she is smart enough, she will take a step away from the disco-esque, Dance-Pop genre which leads her to this level of fame

Sure hjer fans will love it, but I think she will be lost in that image, same like Katy

Sweetest Pie, Potion are lowkey a hint that people are tired of that kind of sound

A Pop-Rock/Glam rock song she hasn't done before will sound good as a lead. Maybe something like Iggy Pop

It will not see huge success definitely, but it will work on her overall image in long run

The rest of the album, can be a mixture of disco pop-rock a la Prisoner and some dance-Pop in case the image won't work

Lmao sweetest pie and potion sound NOTHING like FN. If anything those singles are hint that she should not go far away from dance music. I don’t know what you’re talking about..

12 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

she barely made any music so far on tour (because she can't go into studio with her bestie writers and producers so they can cook up something special for her), she dumped her management etc. some people are not natural talents/musicians and they WILL fade. other people can carry you for so long... and that's OK. FN is still an excellent album and she is a lovely gal. 

sounds like she will skip Prism and go straight to Witness huh

I'm hoping for a softer album with RnB hints and ballads with a few dance songs thrown in. 

16 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

the cracks are gonna start showing... she barely made any music so far on tour (because she can't go into studio with her bestie writers and producers so they can cook up something special for her), she dumped her management etc. 

when the gaise realise all the writer demos for her (from any era) are identical to her versions :skull: i'm afraid frauDUAlent is not the girl y'all think she is... beautiful gowns great gowns... she is really beautiful and charismatic though! and her stealing these writer credits on FN sparked an outrage in the writer industry for artists who barely change a word and get a credit slapped on it... i'm also looking at you sky ferreira

some people are not natural talents/musicians and they WILL fade. other people can carry you for so long... and that's OK. FN is still an excellent album and she is a lovely gal. 

you are wrong. (or are you?)

what writing oUtRaGe are you referring to, post receipts plz if u not cappin

Dua has a beautiful tone

dua literally seems to be the most intelligent pop girl this generation

your whole post is bubbling under...prove me wrong

can you?

will this become an organic hit?

or is your statement payola driven?

will this stand the test of time?

or are you gonna have to give your mama her money back?

31 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

Ugh, the tea is especially hot today

6 minutes ago, xxxlamb said:

Dua has a beautiful tone

can you?

:chick3:

10 minutes ago, xxxlamb said:

Dua has a beautiful tone

can you?

nurse...

Smash lead, her biggest yet in terms of instant chart success

jury will go out on her album. If it’s quirky enough I can see it being less streams than future nostalgia but her first TRUE pop bible, and enough to get her the respect and fan base she needs

if it’s a generic radio pop album then it’ll be the beginning of the end. 

praying for her Gwen era, I really think that level of identity is what she needs

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

You can have a long and acclamied career relying on other people (see Rihanna & Beyonce). As long as she doesn't lose her ear for quality and hits and she changes her sound from time to time she should be good.

Dua needs to grow artistically and not just stay stagnant with the same sound and image like Katy Perry. She can have 1-2 catchy singles but she needs to show something different as well.

2 hours ago, Schami66 said:

Huh? :redface: (tbh i knew she was a thing here so i heard a few songs and didnt like them so i gave up on her). 

Any recommendations? 

Personally I would love for her to go more soul and R&B ala Back To Black. Amy Winehouse left a huge empty spot when she passed away and Dua does have the raspy and deep voice to pull off that kinda sound.

It also would prove that she can excel at slower genres.

Maybe she can even do a couple songs that are a hyrid of dance and soul so the european gays wouldn't be too much alienated.