Do you have a roommate? And do you like them?

Queen.

I did have a roommate with my friend, but he loved to control things and was honestly kind of dirty. I'll never forget when he handed me one of my posters and got grease all over it from his hands :rip: I was so disgusted I had to throw the poster away because I was triggered lowkey. SO nasty. Who touches someones stuff and doesn't watch their greasy gross food hands? I said never again.

Now, I live alone. Honestly I think I'm super needy of a person I've realized :rip: I actually do love living alone, but I also am super lonely and hate it and miss having a roommate/friend that lives there :rip: Idk I'm weird. It is just super depressing at times but then at times I do enjoy my peace and quiet.

I share a flat with a girl and although we do get along, she is the laziest person I know. Never cleans the bathroom or hoovers the common areas, just her bedroom once in a blue moon.

If I'm away for a weekend I still find the dishes I put drying on Friday still in the same place. Like, how hard it is to put it away, especially considering I do that all the time. 

I'll never forget when her mum came to visit, and she put her on an airbed in the living room and I literally had to wake her up the next morning as I was working from home and had to use the living room :rip:

The last flatmate I had was even worse with cleaning. It's actually disgusting to learn how many people lack basic hygiene skills and common sense.

I've had a roommate for about 3 years, but different ones. I liked all of my roommates, except for one, who was really messy, loud, and really annoying. I took him out to eat the first day I met him and he double dipped and mixed sauces at the Mexican restaurant we went to. I knew from that point on I better watch my back. He moved out.

11 hours ago, Gladiator said:

I've had a roommate for about 3 years, but different ones. I liked all of my roommates, except for one, who was really messy, loud, and really annoying. I took him out to eat the first day I met him and he double dipped and mixed sauces at the Mexican restaurant we went to. I knew from that point on I better watch my back. He moved out.

68anickiminajmlaughing.gif

I have to share my uni provided accommodation (basically a mini apartment) with 7 other people. We're 4 guys and 4 girls, the boys live downstairs and the girls upstairs. Two of the boys are never home so we never see them. That just leaves the six of us. I came here a month after everyone else so they were already fairly close friends by the time I got here. I tried my best to be friends with them but their behavior was really exclusionary and odd, outside one girl who is genuinely one of the loveliest people I've met here. I had a huge crush on the other boy (the one who actually is home), but he doesn't like me at all and we ended up having a very big discussion about it which basically was him saying I don't like you and you trying to interact with me and if we offend you it's because you're not trying to understand where we're coming from but if you offend us it's because you're a horrible person who is unpleasant to be around. There's also a lot to be said about the rest of the people too (except the one nice girl) but it's too long a list for me to type out.

At this point I've completely given up on interacting with them except for the one girl I mentioned earlier because planning my conversations as to not offend them just causes my anxiety to flare up and I'd rather spend the next 6 months with minimum interaction than ruin my mental health over people who don't even like me no matter how hard I try to befriend them.

Edited by ithinkheknowsoutsold

Yes, only for 1 month in the university. You can really judge person by the way they behave in the bathroom.

tumblr_nhqa5nxkuw1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

16 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I have to share my uni provided accommodation (basically a mini apartment) with 7 other people. We're 4 guys and 4 girls, the boys live downstairs and the girls upstairs. Two of the boys are never home so we never see them. That just leaves the six of us. I came here a month after everyone else so they were already fairly close friends by the time I got here. I tried my best to be friends with them but their behavior was really exclusionary and odd, outside one girl who is genuinely one of the loveliest people I've met here. I had a huge crush on the other boy (the one who actually is home), but he doesn't like me at all and we ended up having a very big discussion about it which basically was him saying I don't like you and you trying to interact with me and if we offend you it's because you're not trying to understand where we're coming from but if you offend us it's because you're a horrible person who is unpleasant to be around. There's also a lot to be said about the rest of the people too (except the one nice girl) but it's too long a list for me to type out.

At this point I've completely given up on interacting with them except for the one girl I mentioned earlier because planning my conversations as to not offend them just causes my anxiety to flare up and I'd rather spend the next 6 months with minimum interaction than ruin my mental health over people who don't even like me no matter how hard I try to befriend them.

That must be a toxic situation to live in :bloo:.

I'm assuming it's a UK-based accom since I recall you making a thread about wanting to study in the UK?

1 hour ago, St. Francis said:

That must be a toxic situation to live in :bloo:.

I'm assuming it's a UK-based accom since I recall you making a thread about wanting to study in the UK?

It was very toxic, but ever since I cut down my interaction with them I do feel a lot better though.

And yes, it is indeed UK-based and I did make that thread a few months back. Good eye!

Why would you have a roommate if it's not your partner? Y'all are weird.

On 11/25/2022 at 12:05 AM, JustHoran said:

What kind of fun? :gaynetcat4:

str8 guys are zZzzZZ when they're sober but when they get drunk they get super weird:gaynetcat4:

She's nice and has good intentions, but my roommate is not clean or considerate enough to be roommate-material, imo. 

For example, my boyfriend came over to my apartment, and I saw my roomie leaving with her boyfriend. She whispered to her boyfriend, "I forgot to do the dishes." I get back to the apartment a few days later, and I know my roomie was there because she started decluttering her office space. But she couldn't be bothered to do her dishes?

It drives me nuts that she'll leave dishes in the sink when we have a stupidly-good dishwasher (it's faster than our old one, and it has the option to add heat to the dishes, so the condensation really comes off). To add insult to injury, she'll leave dishes with cereal flakes, crumbles (like cake or bread crumbles), instead of scrubbing/rinsing the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher-- if she remembers to put the dishes in the dishwasher.  

I also had to force her to go through her groceries because at least half of them had expired months ago. 

It's so puzzling to me she's not clean because her parents' house was squeaky-clean, despite being a huge house. And because of how responsive she was in taking care of her sister with special needs and her mother who, unfortunately, passed. 

I really want to move in with my boyfriend-- it's a conversation we've had, but I've seen he's EXTREMELY clean (more clean than I am, which is very attractive), he's considerate, and when we do have disagreements, we'll still come back and make up. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.