Avatar 2 needs to make 2 billion to break even at the box office

DONTYELLATME

This is just so wild :deadbanana2: I feel like nobody caring about this movie for nearly a decade made people curious to go see it when it suddenly popped into their minds again. Like “what could they possibly make a sequel about?” and then curiosity got them.

Based on how my friends felt about it, I can’t imagine the future movies will do as well but.. this series is literally the little engine that could so I wouldn’t be shocked to see them somehow outperform 2. :skull: 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donquizote

• Smarticle

• DONTYELLATME

• GraceRandolph

On 11/21/2022 at 10:03 PM, ChapelHooker said:

I wish her… an ounce of luck 

On 11/21/2022 at 10:07 PM, Ampersand13 said:

This. Unless the pandemic really impacted filming to a great degree, I can’t see this being true. 

On 11/21/2022 at 10:07 PM, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I feel like no one actually gives a **** about these movies :biblio:

On 11/21/2022 at 10:13 PM, Johnny Jacobs said:

How is that possible :huh:

On 11/21/2022 at 11:18 PM, Jude said:

Whoever said that is either dumb or delusional. :bibliahh:

On 11/21/2022 at 11:36 PM, FightForTanas said:

Who said this was okay? :ahh: 

On 11/22/2022 at 12:22 AM, KnightOfAllRealms said:

This looks terrible :rip:and boring :rip:

dayum 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, FREE said:

dayum 

I don’t know why I’m being quoted. I believe my comment was in response to Cameron’s comments that the film needed to make 2 billion in order to break even, which it didn’t. Not that it matters anyways, the film is literally one of the highest grossing films of all time

More proof that most of you girls know absolutely nothing when it comes to this stuff and have zero pulse on what people are interested in. Some of these takes, receipts, the coping, it's funny. 

Already seeing some people say the next Avatar films will drop off. Like they never learn :deadbanana4: A3 will make more than this one lmao.

Cameltoe Chariot
6 hours ago, FREE said:

dayum 

…ok?

I still haven’t heard a single person in real life talk about this film so… :biblio:

People still thinking they're doing something or they're above the rest when they're just exposing themselves as out of touch :skull: Same with music (Flowers)

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, BNF91 said:

More proof that most of you girls know absolutely nothing when it comes to this stuff and have zero pulse on what people are interested in. Some of these takes, receipts, the coping, it's funny. 

Already seeing some people say the next Avatar films will drop off. Like they never learn :deadbanana4: A3 will make more than this one lmao.

I can’t speak to other comments, but this was specifically in regards to Cameron’s initial comments saying the film had to gross 2billion to break even. A statement he later recounted. It was pretty evident that the film was going to break even and make a profit before hitting 2 billion. I think a lot of people were more addressing the comment than the film’s inevitable commercial performance (at least in this particular thread) 

19 hours ago, Relampago. said:

This is just so wild :deadbanana2: I feel like nobody caring about this movie for nearly a decade made people curious to go see it when it suddenly popped into their minds again. Like “what could they possibly make a sequel about?” and then curiosity got them.

Based on how my friends felt about it, I can’t imagine the future movies will do as well but.. this series is literally the little engine that could so I wouldn’t be shocked to see them somehow outperform 2. :skull: 

Based on actual data, A2 just like the first one have a decent debut and ended up with exceptional numbers because of stability and word of mouth, simply because most people loved it.

Audience data are excellent across the globe, even on US the movie will have the 2nd better multiplier ever for a +100M opening, with only Top Gun above it

This have more chances to be even bigger next time than have a significant drop.

Roman Holiday
19 hours ago, Relampago. said:

It’s weird, because most people I know still don’t care about Avatar but clearly someone loves these movies :skull: 

Even the people I know who’ve seen it agree it wasn’t a great movie, just visually stunning 

Edited by Roman Holiday

I feel like the IMAX prices helped the film quite a bit!? Like a few about, curious where the love came from!

All I know is my parents wanted to see this, y’all know when the whole family is in the movie about to make bank! 

• 4 weeks later...

$2,248,370,228 and counting.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7q88s8et9ayldgsocv9

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2022 at 7:50 PM, Cherish said:

:ahh: good luck. Presales ain’t looking that cute 

Whew the way I was scalped :deadbanana2:

On 2/23/2023 at 8:30 AM, GraceRandolph said:

talent always wins

GraceRandolph

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 2:30 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Why did u come back to this old thread just to downvote djdbdb

CreepyWhimsicalBoutu-max-1mb.thumb.gif.c

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

Why did u come back to this old thread just to downvote djdbdb

CreepyWhimsicalBoutu-max-1mb.thumb.gif.c

• Like 3

James Cameron did that :clap3:

A huge step forward for filmmaking. This movie made Black Panther 2 and Ant Man 3 look like literal PlayStation 1 cutscenes in comparison 

8 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why did you downvote my post? Because I spilled too much? I said the first story was ass and the second story was even worse. 

A 67 on metacritic for movies is abysmal 

spacer.png

i thought both movies are fun but i need a new villain. I had enough with that scar guy and humans coming back all the ****** time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.