Wildest Dreams and Style ended up being bigger than Bad Blood. Why?

GiftFromGod

16 minutes ago, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

What do you mean? Which song is WD supposed to be a copy of/influenced by?

Without You by Lana

4 hours ago, Roberto said:

Bad Blood is terrible. Only was successful because of the hype and the message of the song/video. Wildest Dreams (video version) and, especially, Style are pop excellence. :jonnycat:

the video version of Wildest Dreams is the definition of pop perfection

I never really cared about Bad Blood. But Wildest Dreams and Style are pop perfection and much better songs.

The idea of streams years later somehow overriding and erasing actual chart success is such a weird concept some people here are obsessed with :rip: 

At the end of the day, Bad Blood, a #1 and YE Top 20 is still a bigger hit than a song that didn’t even make the Top 5 :deadbanana2:

Because of that terrible remix! Bad Blood (solo version) is better than Style :swan:

Wildest Dreams is better than the other 2, so it should be bigger :jonnycat:

Bad Blood was such an event when the video came out! Style and WD didn't have such an instant impact.

Style and Wildest Dreams are some of the best pop songs ever.

Bad Blood is... Bad Blood.

Bad Blood is one of her worst songs. Wildest Dreams is in the top tier of 1989. And Style is one of the best pop songs of all time. Simple answers. :clap3:

I feel like one of the only people here who likes Bad Blood and doesn't really like Wildest Dreams. :deadbanana:

Anyways, I wouldn't say they ended up bigger, not yet at least. With YouTube and Spotify streams combined, both are still several hundred million streams behind Bad Blood.

Spotify + YouTube Streams

Bad Blood: 2.017B

Wildest Dreams: 1.479B (1.809B with TV)

Style: 1.221B

Not to mention that Bad Blood also outsold both in pure sales by over a million each.

WW Sales (Per Chartmaster)

Bad Blood: 4.62M

Style: 3.29M

Wildest Dreams: 2.88M

You could say they outlasted Bad Blood since they're both pulling more daily streams than it I believe (though Wildest Dreams has the unfair advantage of the three since it's the only one with a TV out right now), but they have yet to actually end up bigger than it based on the numbers we know.

Because those two are better than Bad Blood. The remix with Kendrick makes BB more listenable.

WD was always bigger. BB just had bigger peak cuz of video.

Style beat them both in end cuz real art always wins. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.