Wildest Dreams and Style ended up being bigger than Bad Blood. Why?

GiftFromGod

Bad Blood and its explosive MV was the bigger worldwide hit in 2015. 

But over the years, Style and Wildest Dreams have garnered more streams. 

Could it be that talent won over gimmicks?

Bad Blood simply had the better video and back in 2015 most streaming was through Youtube instead of Spotify and Apple Music. Now that Youtube is no longer a major streaming service for most countries,  the music video can no longer carry Bad Blood.

Bad Blood is pretty horrible, it was only big thanks to controversies. 

"Bad Blood" was an instant earworm to me. I remember it was the first song I chose to listen to on "1989" because of the controversies and the initial hype it was getting. Insiders were saying it was the catchiest song on the album and they were right. I couldn't stop listening to it and forgot about the rest of the record.

Bad Blood is terrible. Only was successful because of the hype and the message of the song/video. Wildest Dreams (video version) and, especially, Style are pop excellence. :jonnycat:

Because bad blood is garbage while Style is one of the best songs of all time and Wildest Dreams is is a copy of a good song from one of the most iconic albums of all time 

1 hour ago, Klein said:

Because they are literally 2 of her absolute best pop songs. 

This :rip:

BB isn't as bad as stans make it out to be

but it maybe is one of her most cringy songs out there

however, the video is one of her best for SURE

I can only imagine how stan twitter/atrl felt when it dropped :jonny:

but yea, Style is maybe Top10 so...

WD is forgettable for me, but it also has the sound that makes Tyler so attractable for the ears, so ofc it would outlive it

Because both are actually good and way better than Bad Blood. The album version of BB is one of the worst songs in her discography, Kendrick saved that song on the single version.

Because BB is awful. And extremely dated. The other two are well-written and well-produced synth pop songs which never go out of style (yes, pun indended)

Cause WD and Style are top tier in her discography and Bad Blood is more so the opposite, also I’m pretty sure the Kendrick remix was not on streaming in several countries for many years.

It’s true that Wildest Dreams and Style are one of her best ( pop ) songs out there. 
However, Bad Blood being more lightweighted still doesn’t take away from it being a banger. 

Bad Blood is her worst single from 1989.

2 hours ago, M!X said:

Because bad blood is garbage while Style is one of the best songs of all time and Wildest Dreams is is a copy of a good song from one of the most iconic albums of all time 

What do you mean? Which song is WD supposed to be a copy of/influenced by?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.