Artists Too Talented for the Grammys?

Blankspace2010

Some of the biggest most talented legends in music don’t win Grammys. It’s a well known fact Grammys committee is tasteless and nominates trash music. Example songs that are 99% samples, music albums that can’t chart inside top 200 etc. 

So let’s look at the elite list of musicians that write their own music, play several instruments and their talents are too complex for Grammys commitee Basic taste to comprehend. 

The Beach Boys

Jimmy Hendrix 

Avril Lavigne 

Bob Marley

Janis Joplin

Tupac

Guns n Roses

Bjork

The Who

Diana Ross 

Who else is in this elite group of LEGENDS?

Jojo makes no ******* sense. I can see how her first two albums didn't get nominated cause she was so young even though they were great. but there is no excuse for good to know and trying not to think about it not being nominated

dawn Richard too has been disrespected. the fact that she has consistently released critically acclaimed music and not been nominated for a grammy. has groundbreaking visuals with no budget and hasn't got recognition for a grammy or VMA is wrong

4 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

there is no excuse for good to know and trying not to think about it not being nominated

dawn Richard too has been disrespected. the fact that she has consistently released critically acclaimed music and not been nominated for a grammy. has groundbreaking visuals with no budget and hasn't got recognition for a grammy or VMA is wrong

After a strong investigation it is determined that no lies were spotted. :clap3:

Jojo & Brandy deserved so much better. 

Good to know album & Brandy borderline song being completely ignored in the same year was a crime. 

Edited by Power love

Bjork

Tove Lo

Melanie Martinez

Diana “Wynter” Gordon

Magdalena Bay

:cm:

3 minutes ago, Power love said:

After a strong investigation it is determined that no lies were spotted. :clap3:

Jojo & Brandy deserved so much better. 

Good to know album & Brandy borderline song being completely ignored in the same year was a crime. 

I also forgot tinashe. Aquarius, 333 and especially songs for you deserved nominations as well as wins for at least rnb categories. 

also the fact that summer walker has released too albums that will be viewed as classics and not even a nomination 

and don’t even get me started about janelle not winning a Grammy 

2 minutes ago, Xtripped said:

The Beyonce and Xtina shade. The Avril slip.:rip:

Seethe.:nicole:

It’s a Bebe Rexha shade actually :alexz2:

Basically all of the artists that never ever got an award or always get snubbed. I don't get why ATRL seems obsessed with the Grammys though, like... isn't it being successful, famous and impactful much more relevant and important than being nominated by a group of old rich men ?

Weyes Blood

Janelle Monáe

Kimbra (I know she has one but she doesn't have a SOLO one)

Marina

Lana Del Rey

Perfume Genius

Modest Mouse

Kate Bush

Joanna Newsom

Kelela

Björk

Mitski

I do find it amazing and beautiful that St. Vincent has won several grammys though, and she deserves many more :clap3:

Example songs that are 99% samples, music albums that can’t chart inside top 200 etc. 

so if it cant chart its doesn't deserve awards :rip:

anyways all of these acts have been nommed for grammys so i dont get the point 

Lana Del Rey

God the grammy's are such a joke. I can't comprehend the fact that The Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley don't have grammy's. That really tells you everything you need to know, they dont matter on bit

12 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

Lana Del Rey

God the grammy's are such a joke. I can't comprehend the fact that The Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley don't have grammy's. That really tells you everything you need to know, they dont matter on bit

Literally pointless. 

Diana Ross as well :deadbanana2: Abba and Queen were also grammyless until movies about their careers were made. An even bigger joke - those two artists have some of the most iconic discographies and they weren’t recognised by the Grammys during their time. 

21 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

Lana Del Rey

7 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Literally pointless. 

Diana Ross as well :deadbanana2: Abba and Queen were also grammyless until movies about their careers were made. An even bigger joke - those two artists have some of the most iconic discographies and they weren’t recognised by the Grammys during their time. 

Meanwhile so many winners ended up being forgotten or a mere footnote when looking over impactful music from their respective years. Just shows how having your music resonate with people is worth much more than any award voted by out-of-touch industry people. :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.