Taylor debuts embarrassing Spotify payola

wish

5 hours ago, khalyan said:

Taylor continues to prove the only likeable thing about her is sale numbers.

I love it when the mods spill.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wish

• Headlock

• PoisonedIvy

• Monster Queen

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Devin said:

spacer.png

She don’t fit my algorithm and they pushing hard. :dies:

:rip:

honestly i dont know why people get so weird about marketing and advertisment when it comes to musicians. selling music is her career. and not just hers but this album is an investment for many parties. thats how business works. it doesnt take away from her artistry or success that she has a good marketing team :michael: 

1 hour ago, RihFenty20 said:

This is not exclusive to Taylor. Olivia, Doja, and Bad Bunny to name a few are a couple of acts who have gotten more streams their monthly listeners at one point. The reason Rih has so many listeners is because of her genre-bending discography of hits that are beloved around the globe. She reaches large groups different people as a result. She has stuff for kids, adults, gays, girls, boys, rich, poor, etc and has a song for every occasion. However, Those same groups of people are not using the entirety of her catalog. When TIWYFC got added to her page, she gained 2M listeners from that one song. Realistically, if Rih wanted to force her music down our throat, the fact that she reaches so many people would make it easy for her via auto-play. But her catalog is old so it’s not getting the same push as someone like Taylor who has released 6 albums since 2019. But again, I’m not saying Taylor isn’t a force, but there’s clear manipulation here *in addition* to her being a force. :lakitu:

PS: I have no doubt that Rih will do the same when R9 drops. 

So you just have foundless claims when realistically its cuz shes on lots of playlists :rip: taylor has more unique listeners and more daily streams, anything you drag her for streaming wise is just going to apply to other artists but worse :huh:

Well get to work? Couldn’t be me. I’ve been streaming the AOTY for weeks! So there is no need for such advertising on my end :heart2: y’all are jealous BRATS asdfghjkl 

Rihanna / Drake fans FUMING because their fave abandoned them or Taylor OBLITERATED their fave.:jonnycat:

OT: Push to their throats.:jonnycat:

Didn’t she debut with 180m first day streams and is still pulling more than 40m daily with Midnights?

I mean, the numbers are there, she is worth investing in, the payola is justifiable :celestial5: do people here even realize how businesses work?

6 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

Do you guys have the same "Youtube shorts" promo popping up in your country as well? 

She's literally holding her cat asking people to join her "challenge" on Australian youtube. It is so cringe and you can't skip it :rip:  serving gaga 2011 0.87cents album teas :rip:

Yeah I get it EVERY time I open YouTube here in the US 

6 hours ago, khalyan said:

Taylor continues to prove the only likeable thing about her is sale numbers.

Have you heard of this concept of listening to an artist cause you enjoy their music?

6 hours ago, Cheers said:

Every time I open the YouTube App on my phone I get some video to do the Anti-Hero challenge too :ahh: 

Same it’s annoying :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, idkwiam said:

Rihanna / Drake fans FUMING because their fave abandoned them or Taylor OBLITERATED their fave.:jonnycat:

OT: Push to their throats.:jonnycat:

She has never obliterated Rihanna nor Drake :lmao:

7 hours ago, Devin said:

spacer.png

She don’t fit my algorithm and they pushing hard. :dies:

lmaooooo

Wonder how the Swifties defending this are going to turn around and accuse every other female artists releasing an album from here on of Spotify payola and fake numbers

wish

it should be a  criminal offence to promote ur own music 

12 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

She has never obliterated Rihanna nor Drake :lmao:

The second part was about Taylor doing better than Drake in 2022 despite him releasing two albums this year.

But anyways Taylor's album tracks are doing miles better than the massively radio promoted LMU song in 2022 :redface:.

I think navy simply should take a seat.:redface:

Edited by idkwiam

5 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

Her music keeps the lights on at Spotify. Get that compensation sis 

Huh??? Her catalog makes 10M a year. That’s a lot, but definitely not moving the needle for a company like Spotify.