Taylor debuts embarrassing Spotify payola

wish

20 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

Midnights has been breaking every records left and right ofc Spotify would want to push it capitalizing its full potential. 

Love Billie but many artists do speical promo like this, this is nothing unusual

E7iC1BVWYAAYyRf?format=jpg&name=medium

E7iC08vX0AA3aQO?format=jpg&name=medium

E7iC08zXsAMr8Pa?format=jpg&name=medium

v8p3q6snvde71.jpg?auto=webp&s=6955133a94

All of that inescapable promo for HTE only for it to debut with 35M and… what? Probably less than Midnights’ first day streams in its first week?

I can see why they’re fuming ngl, Midnights is an organic success.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wish

• Headlock

• PoisonedIvy

• Monster Queen

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

spacer.png

oh that was more at who posted that :mandown: unexpected 

3 hours ago, niiall said:

drake_spam_1-1.jpg

Spotify has always supported MASSIVE, unprecendented music events with creative marketing. It's a win-win so I don't see the problem :celestial5:

not fresh gospel17HSMdI.gif

• ATRL Moderator

A Pop star advertising their new album?  NO!

I mean i get pop ups from alot of artists not just Taylor :michael:

2 hours ago, wish said:

I’m naive? You’re the one performing mental gymnastics to defend your flat-ass fave for these EMBARRASSING promo tactics. :rip:

Swifties have spent years dragging other artists for payola that’s half as fraudulent as this :lmao: Wake up.

2 hours ago, wish said:

Oh sweetie, NOBODY is reading this deranged essay :lmao: Your fave is a fraud.

Why do y'all like showing how dumb you are? Y'all are old it's embarrassing

Still not as embarrassing as Drake being on the 'calm sleep', tibetan polka, and Mexican classics playlists

28 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

Midnights has been breaking every records left and right ofc Spotify would want to push it capitalizing its full potential. 

Love Billie but many artists do speical promo like this, this is nothing unusual

:bibliahh:

It's natural that Spotify will push their #1 artist in the world. Taylor Swift is the moment :heart2:

1 hour ago, Literature said:

Taylor is literally the only artist that gets more streams daily than her monthly listeners stat. If you think her monthly listeners are caused by spotify payola and not organic listeners, what do you think that says about the level of spotify payola of, say, someone like rihanna who gets about 5x less daily streams than she does monthly listeners?

This is not exclusive to Taylor. Olivia, Doja, and Bad Bunny to name a few are a couple of acts who have gotten more streams their monthly listeners at one point. The reason Rih has so many listeners is because of her genre-bending discography of hits that are beloved around the globe. She reaches large groups different people as a result. She has stuff for kids, adults, gays, girls, boys, rich, poor, etc and has a song for every occasion. However, Those same groups of people are not using the entirety of her catalog. When TIWYFC got added to her page, she gained 2M listeners from that one song. Realistically, if Rih wanted to force her music down our throat, the fact that she reaches so many people would make it easy for her via auto-play. But her catalog is old so it’s not getting the same push as someone like Taylor who has released 6 albums since 2019. But again, I’m not saying Taylor isn’t a force, but there’s clear manipulation here *in addition* to her being a force. :lakitu:

PS: I have no doubt that Rih will do the same when R9 drops. 

Edited by RihFenty20

7 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

oh that was more at who posted that :mandown: unexpected 

It's not unexpected, they dislike her and actively troll along 

8 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

All of that inescapable promo for HTE only for it to debut with 35M and… what? Probably less than Midnights’ first day streams in its first week?

I can see why they’re fuming ngl, Midnights is an organic success.

Happier Than Ever had 6-7 songs released prior, if it had all come out at the same time it would've done massively more

3 hours ago, niiall said:

drake_spam_1-1.jpg

Spotify has always supported MASSIVE, unprecendented music events with creative marketing. It's a win-win so I don't see the problem :celestial5:

Damn. Not them putting Drake music in "Fresh Gospel" and "Soul Coffee":rip: His Spotify payola outchart every MPG :deadbanana:

17 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Realistically, if Rih wanted to force her music down our throat,

Um 

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Still not as embarrassing as Drake being on the 'calm sleep', tibetan polka, and Mexican classics playlists

17HSMdI.gif

47 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

Omg 

What a fraud...

All this just to bomb and debut with midnights 40th day streams lmao.

3 minutes ago, wish said:

BF9-C5303-3-C20-42-F2-BB1-E-5861-C820537

Omg she's so pathetic, just like some of her fans here. :rip:

48 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

:ahh:

2 minutes ago, wish said:

Wait I just realized you’re Marq, not the Navy still fuming and using Billie as a distraction

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, wish said:

That ad is from today, midnights broke the record 3 weeks ago almost.

I'm sure you can count right? Acting dumb for atrl isn't cute tbh it's sad :clownny:

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Wait I just realized you’re Marq, not the Navy still fuming and using Billie as a distraction

spacer.png

Oh that makes sense :redface: why would they use Billie tho? She had banners all over Spotify :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Starchild said:

Oh that makes sense :redface: why would they use Billie tho? She had banners all over Spotify :bibliahh:

It’s giving DMF

spacer.png