Taylor debuts embarrassing Spotify payola

wish

Just now, wish said:

Not only has your fave done a great job convincing people that her bland music is even remotely listenable, but she’s also successfully helmed one of the most desperate Spotify campaigns of all time :clap3: Kudos!

Like I said earlier, you individually finding her music bland is not any more or less important than everyone who finds her talented and interesting. :dies:

If her music wasn’t listenable, no amount of promo, payola, or success would change that. 

“Desperate Spotify campaigns” when today’s pop up is actually the first ounce of Spotify promo that we’ve gotten since we’ve been BEGGING for some since the albums release day 17 days ago :deadbanana2: 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wish

• Headlock

• PoisonedIvy

• Monster Queen

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I don’t think you know what naïveté means.

Music is her career. Im not “defending” anything. You’re the one antagonizing her for doing her job which is… selling music. :dies:

And the only mental gymnastics are the conspiracy theories floating around because you people can’t fathom that Taylor Swift has played the long game with her career and won. She has succeeded in physical sales (CD AND vinyl), digital sales, streaming, touring gross, acclaim, awards everything you can imagine.

And yet because you (and a select few others) don’t like her music you come up with lame callouts like “look, she released a REMIX! Something NO other artist in HISTORY has done! Look! An iTunes banner! A Spotify pop up! That pop up MUST be why she SHATTERED streaming records! That remix MUST be the only reason the song is #1 on a global scale for multiple weeks now!!!!”

You lot can’t accept that millions of other people DO enjoy her and her music and that’s why she continues to succeed. There’s always gonna be artists you don’t like. It doesn’t mean their success is controversial or some conspiracy. Jesus Christ it’s like you guys lose sense of reality on here. The world does not revolve around your opinion of Taylor Swift. :dies: 

A very well written essay. A good read for people who can read :clap3:

positions-tanked.thumb.gif.1959401779fbc

30 minutes ago, wish said:

Not only has your fave done a great job convincing people that her bland music is even remotely listenable, but she’s also successfully helmed one of the most desperate Spotify campaigns of all time :clap3: Kudos!

spacer.png

I never got that!

56 minutes ago, wish said:

Oh sweetie, NOBODY is reading this deranged essay :lmao: Your fave is a fraud.

Why do y’all always post these self-drags admitting lack of attention span or reading comprehension. Like, you’re proving our point even more

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

spacer.png

Not Spotify payola-ing jazz, Love For Sale’s streams are gonna explode

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

I have no doubt that spotify was forcing people to stream Life Me Up as well (and they will again when Disney's check clears in 2 days after the movie drops). It can't be a conspiracy if it happens to every artist. However, I haven't seen it happen to this level before. Sending people your album and you music playing after literally any song. It's clear manipulation. Spotify has 450M users. According to a source, about 44% use it daily. Let low ball and say only 100M people use it everyday. 44M will be premium and 66M will be free. If they send 5 songs to 5M of those free people. that's a lot of streams. I imagine its a lot more than 5M people (and they probably send more than 5 songs via autoplay) considering Taylor has almost 80M monthly listeners.

Taylor is literally the only artist that gets more streams daily than her monthly listeners stat. If you think her monthly listeners are caused by spotify payola and not organic listeners, what do you think that says about the level of spotify payola of, say, someone like rihanna who gets about 5x less daily streams than she does monthly listeners?

1 hour ago, RihFenty20 said:

It makes you wonder how legit her numbers truly are. 

Navy living in a completely new reality after that colossal 30OMB

Oh wow now this is really annoying, i don't want the app telling me to finish an album, like pls shut up

Why wouldn't Spotify reward their most streamed female and the record breaker for biggest album launch of all time on their platform

this isn’t exclusive to taylor lol, i got a similar pop upfor bts & twice and i have them blocked. also have this is lady gaga and this is justin bieber pop up randomly when i don’t listen to either :rip:  

It’s a feature of the app, it’s not payola or fishy 

Imagine not having listened to the biggest album of the year I-

It isn't payola if it's a rare thing to happen.

3 hours ago, khalyan said:

Taylor continues to prove the only likeable thing about her is sale numbers.

:mandown:

i didn’t get a notification but I’ll definitely post it if I get a “you listened to 0%” because then that will really be foul. 

Just now, Breathe On Moi said:

i didn’t get a notification but I’ll definitely post it if I get a “you listened to 0%” because then that will really be foul. 

It kills me when people exert so much disdain for something that they haven’t even given a chance. :dies: 

Any albums I dislike, it’s because I listened to them. And there’s no artists I “dislike” since almost everyone has at least a few listenable songs. 

Midnights has been breaking every records left and right ofc Spotify would want to push it capitalizing its full potential. 

Love Billie but many artists do speical promo like this, this is nothing unusual

E7iC1BVWYAAYyRf?format=jpg&name=medium

E7iC08vX0AA3aQO?format=jpg&name=medium

E7iC08zXsAMr8Pa?format=jpg&name=medium

v8p3q6snvde71.jpg?auto=webp&s=6955133a94

Edited by enchanted0

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I don’t think you know what naïveté means.

Music is her career. Im not “defending” anything. You’re the one antagonizing her for doing her job which is… selling music. :dies:

And the only mental gymnastics are the conspiracy theories floating around because you people can’t fathom that Taylor Swift has played the long game with her career and won. She has succeeded in physical sales (CD AND vinyl), digital sales, streaming, touring gross, acclaim, awards everything you can imagine.

And yet because you (and a select few others) don’t like her music you come up with lame callouts like “look, she released a REMIX! Something NO other artist in HISTORY has done! Look! An iTunes banner! A Spotify pop up! That pop up MUST be why she SHATTERED streaming records! That remix MUST be the only reason the song is #1 on a global scale for multiple weeks now!!!!”

You lot can’t accept that millions of other people DO enjoy her and her music and that’s why she continues to succeed. There’s always gonna be artists you don’t like. It doesn’t mean their success is controversial or some conspiracy. Jesus Christ it’s like you guys lose sense of reality on here. The world does not revolve around your opinion of Taylor Swift. :dies: 

Well written and insightful! I'm glad I know how to read and don't have to respond to any post longer than 140 characters with "tHe eSSaY!!1"  :clap3:

7 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

It kills me when people exert so much disdain for something that they haven’t even given a chance. :dies: 

Any albums I dislike, it’s because I listened to them. And there’s no artists I “dislike” since almost everyone has at least a few listenable songs. 

Babe :rip: I literally never said anything about the album itself tho! I’m making a commentary on this Spotify notification, and that if I happen to get it, I’ll be shocked because I haven’t listened to the album. Literally nothing personal, promise. 

11 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Literally nothing personal, promise. 

21 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Taylor continues to prove the only likeable thing about her is sale numbers.

spacer.png